So I'm starting a new blog. Hopefully this one I'll actually update on a regular basis. We'll see.
I was going to go back to my old blog and start posting away, but I feel different now. I mean, even if my life is slightly boring, so much has happened in the last year that it just seemed like a new blog would have to be started.
So I just got back from working at the summer camp that I've worked at for the past 4 summers. I actually had a really great time. I'm only frustrated now because I mailed one of my paychecks home and it's been three weeks and it hasn't arrived yet. The worst part was, I was apparently the biggest idiot alive and decided to endorse it before I mailed it, so that my mother could deposit it for me. Although to be fair, I thought I was safeguarding myself by endorsing it with "For deposit only," but apparently that's not much of a safeguard, or so friends have told me. I called a week ago when I got home and figured out that it wasn't here to have it canceled and reisussed. The guy over the phone at the camp said that he would take care of it, and it would probably go through by Monday. So I thought, okay great, and if someone has tried to cash it, he'll call me and let me know there was a problem. So, to be on the safe side, I called him Tuesday morning to just check up that everything went okay. Well, he tells me that he's not sure, because he was too busy to take care of it, so he gave it to his assistant to take care of. When I ask him if his assistant said anything about it to him he replies with "oh, I don't know. I was too busy to deal with it. You'll have to talk to him, but he's not in today, so you should call back tomorrow." WTH??? So I call today, only to have a receptionist tell me that he already left for the day. So now I don't know what to think. Did the guy take care of it, or did he blow me off? Or, did he try to take care of it, found out the check couldn't be canceled because someone tried to cash it, and is now trying to blow me off? My mind is running away with me, and meanwhile I have a $400 check floating around somewhere. Somehow I think I should have the right to sue the U.S. Postal Service over this. If they had delivered it to the right address, I wouldn't be going through this right now.
That's stressing me out when I don't need to be stressed. The doctors all seem to think my sister has MS. They're all pretty sure, but they're doing a spinal tap next week to be certain. It's just so weird. Tiffany has been perfectly healthy all her life and now suddenly out of no where it seems she has a disease that she will have to deal with for the rest of her life. I just can't fathom this at the moment, it's as though my mind has went numb.
And then hurricane Katrina. The horrible devastation! I think this will be something I remember for the rest of my life, even though I don't live anywhere near the south. All those horrible people basically are without nothing. It seems like I've been questioning God's Will alot lately. I just can't understand why all of these things have happened at once to all those poor people. And I have friends who live in the area. Erin lives near Baton Rouge, I wonder if damage was done there? When I think of all the times she laughed and said I should get a cheap plane ticket and come down to New Orleans and she'd show me what it really meant to have fun. Now the entire city is practically destroyed.
I talked to Latoya yesterday and it was really fun to catch up with friends that I haven't talked to in months. We've promised to go to kickboxing classes together. I'm so determined now to get into shape, with what Tiffany is facing, I feel like the best help I can be for her is a support. And if she needs to get into good shape to keep her body healthy and strong, then I can get into shape right along with her. So starting tomorrow, good old September 1st, I'm sticking to a healthier lifestyle. I know it's going to be hard, but I have to start somewhere to be a support to Tiff.
As for the after college job search, I've got my substitute teaching permit and I'm going to give that a whirl, even though I definately didn't get my degree in education!! I'm also determined to figure out the grad school program I want to try and get myself into. Ah forget academic planners, I need an entire life planner! Life should come with instructions.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Wednesday's Ramble (The 1st Ramble)
So I'm starting a new blog. Hopefully this one I'll actually update on a regular basis. We'll see.
I was going to go back to my old blog and start posting away, but I feel different now. I mean, even if my life is slightly boring, so much has happened in the last year that it just seemed like a new blog would have to be started.
So I just got back from working at the summer camp that I've worked at for the past 4 summers. I actually had a really great time. I'm only frustrated now because I mailed one of my paychecks home and it's been three weeks and it hasn't arrived yet. The worst part was, I was apparently the biggest idiot alive and decided to endorse it before I mailed it, so that my mother could deposit it for me. Although to be fair, I thought I was safeguarding myself by endorsing it with "For deposit only," but apparently that's not much of a safeguard, or so friends have told me. I called a week ago when I got home and figured out that it wasn't here to have it canceled and reisussed. The guy over the phone at the camp said that he would take care of it, and it would probably go through by Monday. So I thought, okay great, and if someone has tried to cash it, he'll call me and let me know there was a problem. So, to be on the safe side, I called him Tuesday morning to just check up that everything went okay. Well, he tells me that he's not sure, because he was too busy to take care of it, so he gave it to his assistant to take care of. When I ask him if his assistant said anything about it to him he replies with "oh, I don't know. I was too busy to deal with it. You'll have to talk to him, but he's not in today, so you should call back tomorrow." WTH??? So I call today, only to have a receptionist tell me that he already left for the day. So now I don't know what to think. Did the guy take care of it, or did he blow me off? Or, did he try to take care of it, found out the check couldn't be canceled because someone tried to cash it, and is now trying to blow me off? My mind is running away with me, and meanwhile I have a $400 check floating around somewhere. Somehow I think I should have the right to sue the U.S. Postal Service over this. If they had delivered it to the right address, I wouldn't be going through this right now.
That's stressing me out when I don't need to be stressed. The doctors all seem to think my sister has MS. They're all pretty sure, but they're doing a spinal tap next week to be certain. It's just so weird. Tiffany has been perfectly healthy all her life and now suddenly out of no where it seems she has a disease that she will have to deal with for the rest of her life. I just can't fathom this at the moment, it's as though my mind has went numb.
And then hurricane Katrina. The horrible devastation! I think this will be something I remember for the rest of my life, even though I don't live anywhere near the south. All those horrible people basically are without nothing. It seems like I've been questioning God's Will alot lately. I just can't understand why all of these things have happened at once to all those poor people. And I have friends who live in the area. Erin lives near Baton Rouge, I wonder if damage was done there? When I think of all the times she laughed and said I should get a cheap plane ticket and come down to New Orleans and she'd show me what it really meant to have fun. Now the entire city is practically destroyed.
I talked to Latoya yesterday and it was really fun to catch up with friends that I haven't talked to in months. We've promised to go to kickboxing classes together. I'm so determined now to get into shape, with what Tiffany is facing, I feel like the best help I can be for her is a support. And if she needs to get into good shape to keep her body healthy and strong, then I can get into shape right along with her. So starting tomorrow, good old September 1st, I'm sticking to a healthier lifestyle. I know it's going to be hard, but I have to start somewhere to be a support to Tiff.
As for the after college job search, I've got my substitute teaching permit and I'm going to give that a whirl, even though I definately didn't get my degree in education!! I'm also determined to figure out the grad school program I want to try and get myself into. Ah forget academic planners, I need an entire life planner! Life should come with instructions.
I was going to go back to my old blog and start posting away, but I feel different now. I mean, even if my life is slightly boring, so much has happened in the last year that it just seemed like a new blog would have to be started.
So I just got back from working at the summer camp that I've worked at for the past 4 summers. I actually had a really great time. I'm only frustrated now because I mailed one of my paychecks home and it's been three weeks and it hasn't arrived yet. The worst part was, I was apparently the biggest idiot alive and decided to endorse it before I mailed it, so that my mother could deposit it for me. Although to be fair, I thought I was safeguarding myself by endorsing it with "For deposit only," but apparently that's not much of a safeguard, or so friends have told me. I called a week ago when I got home and figured out that it wasn't here to have it canceled and reisussed. The guy over the phone at the camp said that he would take care of it, and it would probably go through by Monday. So I thought, okay great, and if someone has tried to cash it, he'll call me and let me know there was a problem. So, to be on the safe side, I called him Tuesday morning to just check up that everything went okay. Well, he tells me that he's not sure, because he was too busy to take care of it, so he gave it to his assistant to take care of. When I ask him if his assistant said anything about it to him he replies with "oh, I don't know. I was too busy to deal with it. You'll have to talk to him, but he's not in today, so you should call back tomorrow." WTH??? So I call today, only to have a receptionist tell me that he already left for the day. So now I don't know what to think. Did the guy take care of it, or did he blow me off? Or, did he try to take care of it, found out the check couldn't be canceled because someone tried to cash it, and is now trying to blow me off? My mind is running away with me, and meanwhile I have a $400 check floating around somewhere. Somehow I think I should have the right to sue the U.S. Postal Service over this. If they had delivered it to the right address, I wouldn't be going through this right now.
That's stressing me out when I don't need to be stressed. The doctors all seem to think my sister has MS. They're all pretty sure, but they're doing a spinal tap next week to be certain. It's just so weird. Tiffany has been perfectly healthy all her life and now suddenly out of no where it seems she has a disease that she will have to deal with for the rest of her life. I just can't fathom this at the moment, it's as though my mind has went numb.
And then hurricane Katrina. The horrible devastation! I think this will be something I remember for the rest of my life, even though I don't live anywhere near the south. All those horrible people basically are without nothing. It seems like I've been questioning God's Will alot lately. I just can't understand why all of these things have happened at once to all those poor people. And I have friends who live in the area. Erin lives near Baton Rouge, I wonder if damage was done there? When I think of all the times she laughed and said I should get a cheap plane ticket and come down to New Orleans and she'd show me what it really meant to have fun. Now the entire city is practically destroyed.
I talked to Latoya yesterday and it was really fun to catch up with friends that I haven't talked to in months. We've promised to go to kickboxing classes together. I'm so determined now to get into shape, with what Tiffany is facing, I feel like the best help I can be for her is a support. And if she needs to get into good shape to keep her body healthy and strong, then I can get into shape right along with her. So starting tomorrow, good old September 1st, I'm sticking to a healthier lifestyle. I know it's going to be hard, but I have to start somewhere to be a support to Tiff.
As for the after college job search, I've got my substitute teaching permit and I'm going to give that a whirl, even though I definately didn't get my degree in education!! I'm also determined to figure out the grad school program I want to try and get myself into. Ah forget academic planners, I need an entire life planner! Life should come with instructions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »
Post a Comment