So yet again, ladies and gentleman, I have a cold. Yes, this marks the third time this year I've been sick. Let's see, I was sick on my birthday in January, I was sick again on St. Patrick's Day, and I am sick again on the day of May Weekend. Ahh I want to scream, but my gruff and irritated throat won't allow me the pleasure. Yesterday my throat was really irritated, and I thought to myself, "Gee, I hope I'm not getting sick. But that would be silly, I've been sick twice already when I usually get sick only once a year. My throat must be irritated by all the screaming I did at the Piston's game last night." Haha. No, last night I definately started getting that lovely sick phlegm in the back of my throat. This morning I woke up to congestion, and an overall sense of daze. Yes, damn it, I got sick yet again subbing for elementary kids. Darn those first graders and their lack of covering their mouths. I was being so careful too, always washing my hands when I got a chance, and using antibacterial hand gel whenever I couldn't go wash my hands. But did it help? Nope, not in the slightest. Err.
So it is wet and rainy AGAIN. This is officially our 10th day in a row of rain. There is a reason I don't live in Seattle, and this would be it. Top off the fact that I was lucky enough to get tickets to the Pistons playoff game for Wednesday night only for them to let the crappy Cavs beat them by 2 points, and the fact that I'm sick again, for the start of May Weekend, and oh yeah, I feel peachy in life. And yes I know that was run-on sentence, and yes I know that you shouldn't start a sentence with and, and no I don't care. Grammar police, bite me.
I picked up my friend Nichole from the airport yesterday. They arrived from Milwaukee in this really, for lack of a better term, janky little airplane. As Nichole summed it up, "I thought it was the plane for luggage, until I saw people getting off of it." I'm glad it wasn't me riding on that thing. Nichole's here for May weekend, but I hope she doesn't catch my cold while we drive there. That'd be horrible to send her back to Texas with a cold from me. She's sleeping in the guest room now, but I really need to get in there so I can get into the closet and dig through my chest to find all my camp clothes. They need to be washed. Well, technically they were washed before being put away, but they were put away a year ago and I am assuming they must smell like musty closet. Well, yeah, hopefully I won't wake her up, but if I do, well, at least I'll have someone to eat breakfast with.
As soon as breakfast is over, I'm sucking down a Cold Eeze.
Friday, May 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday, May 19, 2006
Cold, Wet, Jetplanes
So yet again, ladies and gentleman, I have a cold. Yes, this marks the third time this year I've been sick. Let's see, I was sick on my birthday in January, I was sick again on St. Patrick's Day, and I am sick again on the day of May Weekend. Ahh I want to scream, but my gruff and irritated throat won't allow me the pleasure. Yesterday my throat was really irritated, and I thought to myself, "Gee, I hope I'm not getting sick. But that would be silly, I've been sick twice already when I usually get sick only once a year. My throat must be irritated by all the screaming I did at the Piston's game last night." Haha. No, last night I definately started getting that lovely sick phlegm in the back of my throat. This morning I woke up to congestion, and an overall sense of daze. Yes, damn it, I got sick yet again subbing for elementary kids. Darn those first graders and their lack of covering their mouths. I was being so careful too, always washing my hands when I got a chance, and using antibacterial hand gel whenever I couldn't go wash my hands. But did it help? Nope, not in the slightest. Err.
So it is wet and rainy AGAIN. This is officially our 10th day in a row of rain. There is a reason I don't live in Seattle, and this would be it. Top off the fact that I was lucky enough to get tickets to the Pistons playoff game for Wednesday night only for them to let the crappy Cavs beat them by 2 points, and the fact that I'm sick again, for the start of May Weekend, and oh yeah, I feel peachy in life. And yes I know that was run-on sentence, and yes I know that you shouldn't start a sentence with and, and no I don't care. Grammar police, bite me.
I picked up my friend Nichole from the airport yesterday. They arrived from Milwaukee in this really, for lack of a better term, janky little airplane. As Nichole summed it up, "I thought it was the plane for luggage, until I saw people getting off of it." I'm glad it wasn't me riding on that thing. Nichole's here for May weekend, but I hope she doesn't catch my cold while we drive there. That'd be horrible to send her back to Texas with a cold from me. She's sleeping in the guest room now, but I really need to get in there so I can get into the closet and dig through my chest to find all my camp clothes. They need to be washed. Well, technically they were washed before being put away, but they were put away a year ago and I am assuming they must smell like musty closet. Well, yeah, hopefully I won't wake her up, but if I do, well, at least I'll have someone to eat breakfast with.
As soon as breakfast is over, I'm sucking down a Cold Eeze.
So it is wet and rainy AGAIN. This is officially our 10th day in a row of rain. There is a reason I don't live in Seattle, and this would be it. Top off the fact that I was lucky enough to get tickets to the Pistons playoff game for Wednesday night only for them to let the crappy Cavs beat them by 2 points, and the fact that I'm sick again, for the start of May Weekend, and oh yeah, I feel peachy in life. And yes I know that was run-on sentence, and yes I know that you shouldn't start a sentence with and, and no I don't care. Grammar police, bite me.
I picked up my friend Nichole from the airport yesterday. They arrived from Milwaukee in this really, for lack of a better term, janky little airplane. As Nichole summed it up, "I thought it was the plane for luggage, until I saw people getting off of it." I'm glad it wasn't me riding on that thing. Nichole's here for May weekend, but I hope she doesn't catch my cold while we drive there. That'd be horrible to send her back to Texas with a cold from me. She's sleeping in the guest room now, but I really need to get in there so I can get into the closet and dig through my chest to find all my camp clothes. They need to be washed. Well, technically they were washed before being put away, but they were put away a year ago and I am assuming they must smell like musty closet. Well, yeah, hopefully I won't wake her up, but if I do, well, at least I'll have someone to eat breakfast with.
As soon as breakfast is over, I'm sucking down a Cold Eeze.
2 comments:
- Pants said...
-
I AGREE. ENOUGH WITH THE RAIN! It's time for May flowers, yo, not more stinkin' showers.
-
2:48 PM EDT
- Tamara said...
-
Yeah, I'm feeling a better now, although my mom has put me in a bad mood. But, what can I do about that?
Life goes on. -
12:18 PM EDT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I AGREE. ENOUGH WITH THE RAIN! It's time for May flowers, yo, not more stinkin' showers.
Yeah, I'm feeling a better now, although my mom has put me in a bad mood. But, what can I do about that?
Life goes on.
Post a Comment