Monday, June 5, 2006

Sugar and Spice and not much Nice

Sigh. That's what I feel like doing right now. And yawning.

Today my dad followed me to the mechanic, so that he could drive me home after we dropped off my car. There wasn't anything seriously wrong with it, just a slight rattling sound. I had had this problem before, and it was just a minor repair. Apparently the plate of the catalytic converter is starting to rust so it comes loose a bit and it starts to rattle. $65 later, the plate is tightened back up again, and the rattle goes away. It was good to get my car completely checked out before I drive more than a 100 miles to work at camp this summer.

My cell phone is finally here! The correct one, that is. They sent me another phone last week, because apparently they thought I would be dumb enough to accept an el cheapo phone in exchange for the phone that I wanted that was on back order. So I finally got the phone I wanted as well as a pre-paid UPS envelope to mail the other phone back in. It's amazing what companies will try to get over on you, hoping that you are as dumb as the people who run the company.

Anyhow, the cell phone peeps tell me that my phone number should be switched over sometime around midnight, so hopefully my phone will be fully functional by tomorrow morning.

So Tiff and I had planned a get together for tomorrow. Well, we really hadn't planned anything much, the only plan we had was that Tiff was supposed to come up here tomorrow to visit me. Well, now she's changed those plans, and she called me up wanting me to come down there. Well, I wouldn't mind that much, except for the fact that the last three times we've visited each other, it's included me going down there instead of her coming up here. And the reason why she's not coming up here tomorrow? The reason is that she plans to visit her best friend her on Friday, so God forbid if she makes two trips up here in a week, and God forbid if she comes to visit me, but asks her friend to come visit her. Ah little sisters, sometimes I think they are more trouble then anything else! Well, because of my irritation, I decided to go ahead and take a sub job for tomorrow, and Tiff will just have to wait until after I am done for me to come down and visit.

The plan was for me to start packing today for camp. That didn't happen, because I got up at the crack of dawn to take my car to the mechanic, after staying up entirely too late. So, I spent the day trying to get a nap in, only to get interruped pretty much every time I laid my head down. Finally, around 5 pm I was able to get a quick cat nap in. So I didn't get any packing started. And seeing as I'm working tomorrow and visiting my sis, I probably won't get any packing done tomorrow, either. Ah well, I guess Wednesday is the day for me, huh?

The Pistons are out of the playoffs! Sadness insues. I have a feeling they are going to try and trade Ben Wallace, and frankly I can't blame them. He seemed to be useless lug during the playoffs. In fact, I think if anything, he was more harm then good for the team during the finals.

Two things here that are kind of off topic but things I've been thinking about lately. First thought being about the online forum communities I used to visit. The old appeal and zest if that's what you want to call it, is gone. I don't feel like I have any enthusiasm for any of the forums anymore. Maybe I've just outgrown them? Or maybe some of the people left on them just drive me bonkers now after the cat fights of the winter, as I like to call them. Don't get me wrong, I still have forum friends, but I feel like the old enthusiasm is completely lost, and there are some people who are just so under my skin, I can't stand it.

Another under my skin thought, and thought number two. So there is a girl who I work with, and said girl would, well technically be my supervisor, I suppose. Well said girl drives me bonkers. She's the type of girl who is just obnoxious in my opinion, but unfortunately she's one of those people who work so hard at being popular that everyone pretends they don't see what you're talking about. She just always has a snotty little remark to make about things, and she thinks she is so damn brilliant. For someone who lets complete stupidity come flying out of her mouth at any given moment, you'd think she'd resist giving herself the title of brilliant. But it's always those kind of people who think they are so damn smart to begin with. Why is it that the really smart people in the world seem to be nerdy and shy, and simply socially ackward? They don't speak their minds half as much as they should. It's always people like this girl who have really nothing of any importance to say, yet they feel the need to share every thought they've ever had with the world around them.

I'm just irritated because I've been putting up with her smart mouthed little comments for the last month now, and today after asking her a simple, yet well thought out question, I get a snotty little remark in reply. And by the way, tacking on "just kidding" or some cheesetastic little grin at the end of the remark does not make it funny nor cute. It just makes me want to punch you in the eye that much more.

This is just yet again proving my theory that people really should come with mute buttons.

4 comments:

Pants said...

I can't wait for virtual you to don a baby blue polo with navy shorts :)

Do they have backgrounds that include lots of trees and homesick children?

Tamara said...

LOL! They should have a background of a cafeteria full of blue polo-ed children all wanting to upchuck their mystery dinner. Or better yet, there should be a background full of sleeping campers at a formal concert! Hahaha.

Robin said...

I totally here you on the forum front. I just feel like there is no "oomph" left. I post here and there but I don't feel the need to check in as often as I use too. =(

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP pay bill dietary+supplements Voip gladeview fl Home saunas portable saunas sauna equipment finlandia sauna http://www.computersoftwaredownloads2.info Problems with whirlpool washer lxr9245eq0

Monday, June 5, 2006

Sugar and Spice and not much Nice

Sigh. That's what I feel like doing right now. And yawning.

Today my dad followed me to the mechanic, so that he could drive me home after we dropped off my car. There wasn't anything seriously wrong with it, just a slight rattling sound. I had had this problem before, and it was just a minor repair. Apparently the plate of the catalytic converter is starting to rust so it comes loose a bit and it starts to rattle. $65 later, the plate is tightened back up again, and the rattle goes away. It was good to get my car completely checked out before I drive more than a 100 miles to work at camp this summer.

My cell phone is finally here! The correct one, that is. They sent me another phone last week, because apparently they thought I would be dumb enough to accept an el cheapo phone in exchange for the phone that I wanted that was on back order. So I finally got the phone I wanted as well as a pre-paid UPS envelope to mail the other phone back in. It's amazing what companies will try to get over on you, hoping that you are as dumb as the people who run the company.

Anyhow, the cell phone peeps tell me that my phone number should be switched over sometime around midnight, so hopefully my phone will be fully functional by tomorrow morning.

So Tiff and I had planned a get together for tomorrow. Well, we really hadn't planned anything much, the only plan we had was that Tiff was supposed to come up here tomorrow to visit me. Well, now she's changed those plans, and she called me up wanting me to come down there. Well, I wouldn't mind that much, except for the fact that the last three times we've visited each other, it's included me going down there instead of her coming up here. And the reason why she's not coming up here tomorrow? The reason is that she plans to visit her best friend her on Friday, so God forbid if she makes two trips up here in a week, and God forbid if she comes to visit me, but asks her friend to come visit her. Ah little sisters, sometimes I think they are more trouble then anything else! Well, because of my irritation, I decided to go ahead and take a sub job for tomorrow, and Tiff will just have to wait until after I am done for me to come down and visit.

The plan was for me to start packing today for camp. That didn't happen, because I got up at the crack of dawn to take my car to the mechanic, after staying up entirely too late. So, I spent the day trying to get a nap in, only to get interruped pretty much every time I laid my head down. Finally, around 5 pm I was able to get a quick cat nap in. So I didn't get any packing started. And seeing as I'm working tomorrow and visiting my sis, I probably won't get any packing done tomorrow, either. Ah well, I guess Wednesday is the day for me, huh?

The Pistons are out of the playoffs! Sadness insues. I have a feeling they are going to try and trade Ben Wallace, and frankly I can't blame them. He seemed to be useless lug during the playoffs. In fact, I think if anything, he was more harm then good for the team during the finals.

Two things here that are kind of off topic but things I've been thinking about lately. First thought being about the online forum communities I used to visit. The old appeal and zest if that's what you want to call it, is gone. I don't feel like I have any enthusiasm for any of the forums anymore. Maybe I've just outgrown them? Or maybe some of the people left on them just drive me bonkers now after the cat fights of the winter, as I like to call them. Don't get me wrong, I still have forum friends, but I feel like the old enthusiasm is completely lost, and there are some people who are just so under my skin, I can't stand it.

Another under my skin thought, and thought number two. So there is a girl who I work with, and said girl would, well technically be my supervisor, I suppose. Well said girl drives me bonkers. She's the type of girl who is just obnoxious in my opinion, but unfortunately she's one of those people who work so hard at being popular that everyone pretends they don't see what you're talking about. She just always has a snotty little remark to make about things, and she thinks she is so damn brilliant. For someone who lets complete stupidity come flying out of her mouth at any given moment, you'd think she'd resist giving herself the title of brilliant. But it's always those kind of people who think they are so damn smart to begin with. Why is it that the really smart people in the world seem to be nerdy and shy, and simply socially ackward? They don't speak their minds half as much as they should. It's always people like this girl who have really nothing of any importance to say, yet they feel the need to share every thought they've ever had with the world around them.

I'm just irritated because I've been putting up with her smart mouthed little comments for the last month now, and today after asking her a simple, yet well thought out question, I get a snotty little remark in reply. And by the way, tacking on "just kidding" or some cheesetastic little grin at the end of the remark does not make it funny nor cute. It just makes me want to punch you in the eye that much more.

This is just yet again proving my theory that people really should come with mute buttons.

4 comments:

Pants said...

I can't wait for virtual you to don a baby blue polo with navy shorts :)

Do they have backgrounds that include lots of trees and homesick children?

Tamara said...

LOL! They should have a background of a cafeteria full of blue polo-ed children all wanting to upchuck their mystery dinner. Or better yet, there should be a background full of sleeping campers at a formal concert! Hahaha.

Robin said...

I totally here you on the forum front. I just feel like there is no "oomph" left. I post here and there but I don't feel the need to check in as often as I use too. =(

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP pay bill dietary+supplements Voip gladeview fl Home saunas portable saunas sauna equipment finlandia sauna http://www.computersoftwaredownloads2.info Problems with whirlpool washer lxr9245eq0