Well... no Blue Lake blogs as of yet. I am tired and sooo not ready to try to give a play by play about camp just yet! You all (as in the two people who still read my blog) will just have to wait til later. :)
The past few days I've simply been enjoying doing a lot of nothing. I spent my whole summer working working working, so now it's time to do nothing. I've gotten out of the house a few times, mostly just to run quick errands or to make a fast food run. But nothing overly important. And I really am enjoying it that way. :) I've also been catching up on some of my favorite shows that I've missed due to being gone. Thanks to the internet and being able to catch a lot of reruns online! Seriously, I'm not even sure why we bother with cable anymore when you can see almost anything you want online.
Speaking of getting what you want online... no I'm not talking about a boyfriend... I'm talking about online shopping! I got a clearance catalog in the mail from Delia's, and I just plunked down $112 online at their website. But seriously, I got some amazing deals! I got a new navy blue peacoat, a pair of khaki twill pants, a sweater, a cami to go with the sweater, and a pair of Nikes. Seriously, I got all of that for $112. I was super excited! No shopping guilt here! I live for good sales. Some stores say they are putting stuff on sale, but this was a real deal sale. It just made me really happy to be spending some of my hard earned money completely on myself, and not spending on something that I need.
In other news, I made a decision... a very important decision. Hold on to your panties here girls, this was a big one for me! I've finally set my mind on what I want to do with the near future, and it is a completely different route than I've had my mind set in a long time. I want to go back to school to get my teaching certification in Biology, and... do a second bachelor's in music ed. I know this will put me in school forever, but I finally feel like I have settled my heart and my brain on the same path. It's a scary undertaking, to feel like I'm almost starting over again, but I know in my heart it's truly the only way I'll be happy. Music is where my heart has always been, it's just my stupid brain that has gotten in the way. I like science, and the health sciences, but liking something isn't the same thing as it being my passion. I have always been afraid of becoming a poor musician, but at this point, it can't be any worse that where I am now. I'm not sure if I can register for school this late in the summer, but I'm fine with waiting until winter. I just feel so free! I can't exactly explain why I've made this decision, I just know that when I did it felt like the most amazing decision I've ever made!
To be continued. :)
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Like, woah.
Well... no Blue Lake blogs as of yet. I am tired and sooo not ready to try to give a play by play about camp just yet! You all (as in the two people who still read my blog) will just have to wait til later. :)
The past few days I've simply been enjoying doing a lot of nothing. I spent my whole summer working working working, so now it's time to do nothing. I've gotten out of the house a few times, mostly just to run quick errands or to make a fast food run. But nothing overly important. And I really am enjoying it that way. :) I've also been catching up on some of my favorite shows that I've missed due to being gone. Thanks to the internet and being able to catch a lot of reruns online! Seriously, I'm not even sure why we bother with cable anymore when you can see almost anything you want online.
Speaking of getting what you want online... no I'm not talking about a boyfriend... I'm talking about online shopping! I got a clearance catalog in the mail from Delia's, and I just plunked down $112 online at their website. But seriously, I got some amazing deals! I got a new navy blue peacoat, a pair of khaki twill pants, a sweater, a cami to go with the sweater, and a pair of Nikes. Seriously, I got all of that for $112. I was super excited! No shopping guilt here! I live for good sales. Some stores say they are putting stuff on sale, but this was a real deal sale. It just made me really happy to be spending some of my hard earned money completely on myself, and not spending on something that I need.
In other news, I made a decision... a very important decision. Hold on to your panties here girls, this was a big one for me! I've finally set my mind on what I want to do with the near future, and it is a completely different route than I've had my mind set in a long time. I want to go back to school to get my teaching certification in Biology, and... do a second bachelor's in music ed. I know this will put me in school forever, but I finally feel like I have settled my heart and my brain on the same path. It's a scary undertaking, to feel like I'm almost starting over again, but I know in my heart it's truly the only way I'll be happy. Music is where my heart has always been, it's just my stupid brain that has gotten in the way. I like science, and the health sciences, but liking something isn't the same thing as it being my passion. I have always been afraid of becoming a poor musician, but at this point, it can't be any worse that where I am now. I'm not sure if I can register for school this late in the summer, but I'm fine with waiting until winter. I just feel so free! I can't exactly explain why I've made this decision, I just know that when I did it felt like the most amazing decision I've ever made!
To be continued. :)
The past few days I've simply been enjoying doing a lot of nothing. I spent my whole summer working working working, so now it's time to do nothing. I've gotten out of the house a few times, mostly just to run quick errands or to make a fast food run. But nothing overly important. And I really am enjoying it that way. :) I've also been catching up on some of my favorite shows that I've missed due to being gone. Thanks to the internet and being able to catch a lot of reruns online! Seriously, I'm not even sure why we bother with cable anymore when you can see almost anything you want online.
Speaking of getting what you want online... no I'm not talking about a boyfriend... I'm talking about online shopping! I got a clearance catalog in the mail from Delia's, and I just plunked down $112 online at their website. But seriously, I got some amazing deals! I got a new navy blue peacoat, a pair of khaki twill pants, a sweater, a cami to go with the sweater, and a pair of Nikes. Seriously, I got all of that for $112. I was super excited! No shopping guilt here! I live for good sales. Some stores say they are putting stuff on sale, but this was a real deal sale. It just made me really happy to be spending some of my hard earned money completely on myself, and not spending on something that I need.
In other news, I made a decision... a very important decision. Hold on to your panties here girls, this was a big one for me! I've finally set my mind on what I want to do with the near future, and it is a completely different route than I've had my mind set in a long time. I want to go back to school to get my teaching certification in Biology, and... do a second bachelor's in music ed. I know this will put me in school forever, but I finally feel like I have settled my heart and my brain on the same path. It's a scary undertaking, to feel like I'm almost starting over again, but I know in my heart it's truly the only way I'll be happy. Music is where my heart has always been, it's just my stupid brain that has gotten in the way. I like science, and the health sciences, but liking something isn't the same thing as it being my passion. I have always been afraid of becoming a poor musician, but at this point, it can't be any worse that where I am now. I'm not sure if I can register for school this late in the summer, but I'm fine with waiting until winter. I just feel so free! I can't exactly explain why I've made this decision, I just know that when I did it felt like the most amazing decision I've ever made!
To be continued. :)
2 comments:
- Robin said...
-
Sales are always fantabulous!! And awesome that you've made a decision about your future. =)
-
9:56 PM EDT
- Pants said...
-
Oh Tamara. My eyes welled up in that last paragraph. I am so so happy to hear that you've decided on something that has brought you peace and excitement. That is just so... awesome. Inspiring.
Good for you for listening to yourself and no one else. It'll be a crazy journey, but it's going to be so worth it because you're confident and because you're following your heart. I can't wait to read about your adventures along the way ;) -
12:19 AM EDT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sales are always fantabulous!! And awesome that you've made a decision about your future. =)
Oh Tamara. My eyes welled up in that last paragraph. I am so so happy to hear that you've decided on something that has brought you peace and excitement. That is just so... awesome. Inspiring.
Good for you for listening to yourself and no one else. It'll be a crazy journey, but it's going to be so worth it because you're confident and because you're following your heart. I can't wait to read about your adventures along the way ;)
Post a Comment