I haven't had much to blog about lately! I've had lots of thoughts... just nothing worthy of being written in my blog.
Soooo... I've been waiting for work with not much success. Teachers just aren't taking time off yet, and that means no work for me. I'm sure that I'll be complaining very soon when I have too much work, but for now I'm complaining because there isn't enough work.
I've been suffering from anxiety lately. Boo! Sunday night was the worst... definitely felt like I was possibly having a mild anxiety attack. Monday night wasn't that much fun either... I couldn't stop the swirling thoughts in my head, and I couldn't sleep til after 4am. As for last night... well, it was better, even though I still felt some of that tension lingering. I took an OTC sleeping aid, Simply Sleep (it's the stuff that makes Tylenol PM well, Tylenol PM). Sometimes that stuff is hit or miss for me, but last night it worked like a charm, and I most gratefully was drifting off to sleep just as Conan was coming on. Where is all this stemming from? Well, it doesn't seem to be my future. That is the one thing I feel pretty confident about lately. I honestly think a lot of this is coming from the transition from being at camp to being at home. At camp, I was working around 15 to 17 hours in a day, usually running around frantically trying to get a million things done all at once. Now I'm at home with pretty much nothing to do. Sure I run errands, I've been meeting with friends, and basically enjoying a bit of a summer vacation... but that's a hard transition from never having free time to having entirely too much free time. Sigh. Seems like life as of late generally seems to be a can't win situation.
Okay moving on. I went to the dentist today for my six month checkup. They did this fluorescent oral cancer screen on my mouth, which luckily I have no signs of cancer... but that was $50 the insurance wasn't covering. Ah well, if you can quickly screen for cancer, might as well, right? It seems that I have one cavity, which the dentist wasn't shocked by, because apparently the last time I was in he marked that tooth as one to "watch." So I have to go back for a minor filling, not a big deal. Also, the dentist said I have a filling next to the tooth with the cavity that has been almost completely worn down, and needs to be replaced. He says (duh) that it is from me grinding my teeth at night, and clenching down on my jaw when I'm stressed. As a result of all this, the dentist has decided that (boo!) I need a bite plate made, so I stop doing damage to my teeth. Apparently he said I have minor bone loss as well... which he said is also a result of the grinding. Fun times with the dentist. At least it's nothing extreme that needs to be done, like a root canal or something, but still... the dentist is not my favorite place to visit!
On to other pointless rambles... I'm really excited to watch America's Next Top Model tonight. Am I an uber geek or what? I'm also going to tape the new show Kid Nation, because I have to admit, I'm interested to see if all the hype has been worth it. Although, if a show like Kid Nation is a success, I might be out of a summer job. Why do the kids need me when they can take care of themselves? Heck, I might be out of a future job.
FYI: Today is National Pirate Speaking Day. ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!
:) I am an uber geek.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Today bites?
I haven't had much to blog about lately! I've had lots of thoughts... just nothing worthy of being written in my blog.
Soooo... I've been waiting for work with not much success. Teachers just aren't taking time off yet, and that means no work for me. I'm sure that I'll be complaining very soon when I have too much work, but for now I'm complaining because there isn't enough work.
I've been suffering from anxiety lately. Boo! Sunday night was the worst... definitely felt like I was possibly having a mild anxiety attack. Monday night wasn't that much fun either... I couldn't stop the swirling thoughts in my head, and I couldn't sleep til after 4am. As for last night... well, it was better, even though I still felt some of that tension lingering. I took an OTC sleeping aid, Simply Sleep (it's the stuff that makes Tylenol PM well, Tylenol PM). Sometimes that stuff is hit or miss for me, but last night it worked like a charm, and I most gratefully was drifting off to sleep just as Conan was coming on. Where is all this stemming from? Well, it doesn't seem to be my future. That is the one thing I feel pretty confident about lately. I honestly think a lot of this is coming from the transition from being at camp to being at home. At camp, I was working around 15 to 17 hours in a day, usually running around frantically trying to get a million things done all at once. Now I'm at home with pretty much nothing to do. Sure I run errands, I've been meeting with friends, and basically enjoying a bit of a summer vacation... but that's a hard transition from never having free time to having entirely too much free time. Sigh. Seems like life as of late generally seems to be a can't win situation.
Okay moving on. I went to the dentist today for my six month checkup. They did this fluorescent oral cancer screen on my mouth, which luckily I have no signs of cancer... but that was $50 the insurance wasn't covering. Ah well, if you can quickly screen for cancer, might as well, right? It seems that I have one cavity, which the dentist wasn't shocked by, because apparently the last time I was in he marked that tooth as one to "watch." So I have to go back for a minor filling, not a big deal. Also, the dentist said I have a filling next to the tooth with the cavity that has been almost completely worn down, and needs to be replaced. He says (duh) that it is from me grinding my teeth at night, and clenching down on my jaw when I'm stressed. As a result of all this, the dentist has decided that (boo!) I need a bite plate made, so I stop doing damage to my teeth. Apparently he said I have minor bone loss as well... which he said is also a result of the grinding. Fun times with the dentist. At least it's nothing extreme that needs to be done, like a root canal or something, but still... the dentist is not my favorite place to visit!
On to other pointless rambles... I'm really excited to watch America's Next Top Model tonight. Am I an uber geek or what? I'm also going to tape the new show Kid Nation, because I have to admit, I'm interested to see if all the hype has been worth it. Although, if a show like Kid Nation is a success, I might be out of a summer job. Why do the kids need me when they can take care of themselves? Heck, I might be out of a future job.
FYI: Today is National Pirate Speaking Day. ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!
:) I am an uber geek.
Soooo... I've been waiting for work with not much success. Teachers just aren't taking time off yet, and that means no work for me. I'm sure that I'll be complaining very soon when I have too much work, but for now I'm complaining because there isn't enough work.
I've been suffering from anxiety lately. Boo! Sunday night was the worst... definitely felt like I was possibly having a mild anxiety attack. Monday night wasn't that much fun either... I couldn't stop the swirling thoughts in my head, and I couldn't sleep til after 4am. As for last night... well, it was better, even though I still felt some of that tension lingering. I took an OTC sleeping aid, Simply Sleep (it's the stuff that makes Tylenol PM well, Tylenol PM). Sometimes that stuff is hit or miss for me, but last night it worked like a charm, and I most gratefully was drifting off to sleep just as Conan was coming on. Where is all this stemming from? Well, it doesn't seem to be my future. That is the one thing I feel pretty confident about lately. I honestly think a lot of this is coming from the transition from being at camp to being at home. At camp, I was working around 15 to 17 hours in a day, usually running around frantically trying to get a million things done all at once. Now I'm at home with pretty much nothing to do. Sure I run errands, I've been meeting with friends, and basically enjoying a bit of a summer vacation... but that's a hard transition from never having free time to having entirely too much free time. Sigh. Seems like life as of late generally seems to be a can't win situation.
Okay moving on. I went to the dentist today for my six month checkup. They did this fluorescent oral cancer screen on my mouth, which luckily I have no signs of cancer... but that was $50 the insurance wasn't covering. Ah well, if you can quickly screen for cancer, might as well, right? It seems that I have one cavity, which the dentist wasn't shocked by, because apparently the last time I was in he marked that tooth as one to "watch." So I have to go back for a minor filling, not a big deal. Also, the dentist said I have a filling next to the tooth with the cavity that has been almost completely worn down, and needs to be replaced. He says (duh) that it is from me grinding my teeth at night, and clenching down on my jaw when I'm stressed. As a result of all this, the dentist has decided that (boo!) I need a bite plate made, so I stop doing damage to my teeth. Apparently he said I have minor bone loss as well... which he said is also a result of the grinding. Fun times with the dentist. At least it's nothing extreme that needs to be done, like a root canal or something, but still... the dentist is not my favorite place to visit!
On to other pointless rambles... I'm really excited to watch America's Next Top Model tonight. Am I an uber geek or what? I'm also going to tape the new show Kid Nation, because I have to admit, I'm interested to see if all the hype has been worth it. Although, if a show like Kid Nation is a success, I might be out of a summer job. Why do the kids need me when they can take care of themselves? Heck, I might be out of a future job.
FYI: Today is National Pirate Speaking Day. ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!
:) I am an uber geek.
2 comments:
- Robin said...
- This comment has been removed by the author.
-
1:22 PM EDT
- Robin said...
-
T'was me who deleted! One too many typos for my liking...
I hope your anxiety goes away! That is the worst feeling in the world -- by far! I'm lucky to have a little "yellow pill" to keep me calm now. ;)
Going to the dentist sucks. My dentist keeps harassing me about two molars in the back, it's $1400 dollars worth of work! One is a crown and the other is having the cavity redone. Yeah like I can afford that?!
Kid Nation... I keep hearing about that show, yet I still don't know what the premise is. Heh! I suppose I should go check that out. :P -
1:24 PM EDT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
T'was me who deleted! One too many typos for my liking...
I hope your anxiety goes away! That is the worst feeling in the world -- by far! I'm lucky to have a little "yellow pill" to keep me calm now. ;)
Going to the dentist sucks. My dentist keeps harassing me about two molars in the back, it's $1400 dollars worth of work! One is a crown and the other is having the cavity redone. Yeah like I can afford that?!
Kid Nation... I keep hearing about that show, yet I still don't know what the premise is. Heh! I suppose I should go check that out. :P
Post a Comment