Thursday, November 15, 2007

I don't make this stuff up

Here is a humorous conversation I overheard while at Walmart today with my mom:

Customer: Where are you from, you have an accent!
Cashier: Ah, I'm from Long Island.
Customer: Long Island, New York? Why would you move from New York to here?
Cashier: Everyone asks me that. Well, my daughter-in-law is from here, and my son and she moved here a few years back. My husband and I are retired and we wanted to move near the kids.
Customer: New York City is so awesome, I want to move there. Well, actually outside of New York.
Cashier: Yeah? You like New York that much? Where outside of New York?
Customer: Oh, I've never been to New York, but I know I'll like it. I want to move to like, the Bronx.
Cashier: Why the Bronx?
Customer: Oh you know, like I love J. Lo and Fat Joe and stuff, and that's where they're from, the Bronx. So I totally want to live there too, 'cause I just love them.

******

Things I've pondered/considered/mused over lately:

Is Victoria Newman going to come out of her coma and have her baby before the Young & the Restless is forced in to re-runs due to the writers strike?

Why is it in the movie Mean Girls, after Regina has to wear a spinal halo, does she then go on to play contact sports?

When is it too early to add the Christmas Tree Application to my Facebook account?

What the heck do I get my dad for Christmas?

Will anyone want to go see Matchbox Twenty with me if I get tickets for my birthday?

Should my eardrum feel like it's fluttering every time I yawn? Should I be concerned?

It would be totally fun to do a secret santa get-together with my friends, but I don't want to be stuck with organizing it. And I DON'T want to get stuck with my friend so and so, because everyone knows if she's your secret santa you can expect to get something from the Target dollar section.

Grad school as early as January?????

Who the hell is doing that to Britney Spears' hair??? She could totally go to a black hair salon in the hood of LA and get a wayyyy better weave than that crap she's wearing on her head.

******
You Are a Mai Tai

You aren't a big drinker, but you'll drink if the atmosphere is festive.
And when you're drunk, watch out! You're easily carried away.




Total fluff today guys! :)

4 comments:

Robin said...

Ok first, that Wal*Mart conversation was HILARIOUS and also very sad at the same time. People are so weird! :P

I'm cracking up at the Target dollar store section! Don't you hate when you put a lot of time and effort into a gift for somebody and get crap in return? I mean it's the thought that counts {blah, blah, blah} but that's not totally out of the question to want something nice in return. ;)

Britney's hair? Bwhahahaha! You are cracking me up!

Robin said...

P.S. How many times can I say "I'm cracking up" or "Oh my gosh" in a comment section of a blog? I should keep a count because it's getting out of control. :P

Tamara said...

Haha Robin!

Kirby said...

The Bronx story- Oh. My. God. People are so weird! Well, I guess I had better move to the OC because that is where the No Doubt members are from, and I totally love them! Haha!

I think Britney should suck it up and wear her hair short and natural. She is the one who shaved it, now she should just live with her decision. I would respect her a lot more.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

I don't make this stuff up

Here is a humorous conversation I overheard while at Walmart today with my mom:

Customer: Where are you from, you have an accent!
Cashier: Ah, I'm from Long Island.
Customer: Long Island, New York? Why would you move from New York to here?
Cashier: Everyone asks me that. Well, my daughter-in-law is from here, and my son and she moved here a few years back. My husband and I are retired and we wanted to move near the kids.
Customer: New York City is so awesome, I want to move there. Well, actually outside of New York.
Cashier: Yeah? You like New York that much? Where outside of New York?
Customer: Oh, I've never been to New York, but I know I'll like it. I want to move to like, the Bronx.
Cashier: Why the Bronx?
Customer: Oh you know, like I love J. Lo and Fat Joe and stuff, and that's where they're from, the Bronx. So I totally want to live there too, 'cause I just love them.

******

Things I've pondered/considered/mused over lately:

Is Victoria Newman going to come out of her coma and have her baby before the Young & the Restless is forced in to re-runs due to the writers strike?

Why is it in the movie Mean Girls, after Regina has to wear a spinal halo, does she then go on to play contact sports?

When is it too early to add the Christmas Tree Application to my Facebook account?

What the heck do I get my dad for Christmas?

Will anyone want to go see Matchbox Twenty with me if I get tickets for my birthday?

Should my eardrum feel like it's fluttering every time I yawn? Should I be concerned?

It would be totally fun to do a secret santa get-together with my friends, but I don't want to be stuck with organizing it. And I DON'T want to get stuck with my friend so and so, because everyone knows if she's your secret santa you can expect to get something from the Target dollar section.

Grad school as early as January?????

Who the hell is doing that to Britney Spears' hair??? She could totally go to a black hair salon in the hood of LA and get a wayyyy better weave than that crap she's wearing on her head.

******
You Are a Mai Tai

You aren't a big drinker, but you'll drink if the atmosphere is festive.
And when you're drunk, watch out! You're easily carried away.




Total fluff today guys! :)

4 comments:

Robin said...

Ok first, that Wal*Mart conversation was HILARIOUS and also very sad at the same time. People are so weird! :P

I'm cracking up at the Target dollar store section! Don't you hate when you put a lot of time and effort into a gift for somebody and get crap in return? I mean it's the thought that counts {blah, blah, blah} but that's not totally out of the question to want something nice in return. ;)

Britney's hair? Bwhahahaha! You are cracking me up!

Robin said...

P.S. How many times can I say "I'm cracking up" or "Oh my gosh" in a comment section of a blog? I should keep a count because it's getting out of control. :P

Tamara said...

Haha Robin!

Kirby said...

The Bronx story- Oh. My. God. People are so weird! Well, I guess I had better move to the OC because that is where the No Doubt members are from, and I totally love them! Haha!

I think Britney should suck it up and wear her hair short and natural. She is the one who shaved it, now she should just live with her decision. I would respect her a lot more.