Monday, December 31, 2007
Music iLike :) and Another Birthday
Well, I couldn't end 2007 without one more little blog post! I hope everyone is enjoying their New Year's Eve! I am staying in tonight! I never really do the party thing. My mom is apparently going to drag my dad along with her to my great aunt's house in a little while, but I would rather stay here! My great aunt, uncle, and my mother will just sit and chain smoke the entire time, and thanks but no! My mom claims that she and my dad will be back before midnight, but I don't really mind if I'm here alone with the doggies.
Tomorrow is my mom's 46th birthday. This morning she woke up a bit grouchy, so I decided it would be best to get out early to do birthday shopping for her. That way, I'd have already bought her a birthday present before she had time to irritate me! It's so much easier to find a nice gift when you are in a good mood. I was kind of at a loss as to what to buy for her! I was thinking of buying her tons of minutes for the cell phone I got her for Mother's Day, but that seemed very impersonal (plus, I'm pretty sure she has no idea where that phone currently is). So then I thought I would buy her a pretty necklace and something to go along with it, like a manicure and pedicure set. I decided I could do this all in one stop at Target.
While I found myself an exercise mat for super cheap, I wasn't finding what I wanted for her. The jewelry wasn't what I was looking for (I wanted to get her a birthstone necklace on a silver chain), and there were no pre-assembled manicure and pedicure sets! I should have picked one up before Christmas, when they had all those little gift sets out. In the end, I bought her two 4 x 6 frames in bronze that look a lot like these, and a season of The Simpsons on dvd. My mom loves cartoon shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy, so I figured this is something she can and will watch over and over again. The frames I liked because my mom recently upgraded all the furniture in the house, and bought lamps and accessories in bronze. The frames should make a nice addition to the decor! I think while my mom and dad go to my aunt's house, I'll print out a picture from Christmas of me and my sister, and another picture of my grandparents, and put them in the frames. That's all for her birthday! If I spent any more on her she'd have a complete fit and insist I take some of it back. LOL On the other hand, my sister very rarely bothers to get my mom anything for her birthday, and my mom complains about what a little snot she is.
Finally, I would like to do what I did last year around this time. I went through my iPod and looked at the highest played songs, and made a list of my "Top Ten" of 2006. Well, I did that again, and am going to post my top ten for this year. The only issue I have with this list is that I don't think it's completely accurate. There was lots of music that I didn't get the chance to put on my iPod during the summer, that I listened to non-stop (Um, Rhianna anyone? How many times did I do that whole "Um-Brella...ella...ella...aye...aye...aye..." thing?). I also know some of these numbers are inflated from last year. So anyway, I'll still share the list, but tomorrow I'm deleting the played numbers on my iPod so that at the end of next year, I'll have a more accurate list. Also, anything I can see I haven't played at all I'll probably delete off my iPod for more space.
My Top Ten List of 2007:
10. Over My Head (Cable Car)- The Fray (39 plays)
I just loved that song, it was my favorite from the Fray's album. I probably listened to it more at the beginning of the year, but it is still a great song.
9. Only Heart- John Mayer (41 plays)
Um, I just think this is a great song. Good beat, good lyrics. I can actually work out to this at the gym, which sometimes is hard to do with John Mayer.
8. Don't Forget About Us- Mariah Carey (43 plays)
I not-so-secretly heart Mariah Carey, and I like this song. This is one song however, that I know is over inflated from last year.
6. (Two way tie!) Clarity- John Mayer, One Night Only- Jennifer Hudson (44 plays)
Clarity is not a new song, but it is a huge spirit lifter! All my friends say they love to listen to this song if they are feeling a bit down, because it's like an instant cup of coffee for the spirit.
One Night Only is another great song. I loved the movie Dreamgirls, and Jennifer Hudson just sang her heart out on this one.
5. Diamonds From Sierra Leone- Kanye West (48 plays)
I know this is another song slightly inflated from last year. This song has a great beat and I know it got listened to a lot when I was at the gym.
4. Be Without You- Mary J. Blige (50 plays)
This is another inflated song... but I listened to it plenty this year :) Mary J. Blige has that classic R&B voice that I love. I grew up on R&B and it will probably always be my favorite music.
3. Show Stopper- Danity Kane (57 plays)
Okay, this song is inflated, but not really from numbers from last year. It's inflated because my sister downloaded this album on to my iPod, and for some reason, just this track cut off right before the end. Which means the song never resolves, and that means to satisfy your brain you are forced to instantly hit the back button and repeat it one more time. This song is a great gym song though!
2. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room- John Mayer (63 plays)
No inflation here, I just really love this song. The guitar on this song is just, well, sick, it's just that good. :)
1. Wheel- John Mayer (72 plays)
Yeah, again, I just really, really love this song. There is this a capella part at the end... so good! Was there any doubt I'd have multiple John Mayer songs on this list?
Have a happy New Year everyone! At some point tomorrow I'm busting out a new template (Robin has made me jealous!), and in a few minutes I'm adding to my photo blog.
Tomorrow is my mom's 46th birthday. This morning she woke up a bit grouchy, so I decided it would be best to get out early to do birthday shopping for her. That way, I'd have already bought her a birthday present before she had time to irritate me! It's so much easier to find a nice gift when you are in a good mood. I was kind of at a loss as to what to buy for her! I was thinking of buying her tons of minutes for the cell phone I got her for Mother's Day, but that seemed very impersonal (plus, I'm pretty sure she has no idea where that phone currently is). So then I thought I would buy her a pretty necklace and something to go along with it, like a manicure and pedicure set. I decided I could do this all in one stop at Target.
While I found myself an exercise mat for super cheap, I wasn't finding what I wanted for her. The jewelry wasn't what I was looking for (I wanted to get her a birthstone necklace on a silver chain), and there were no pre-assembled manicure and pedicure sets! I should have picked one up before Christmas, when they had all those little gift sets out. In the end, I bought her two 4 x 6 frames in bronze that look a lot like these, and a season of The Simpsons on dvd. My mom loves cartoon shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy, so I figured this is something she can and will watch over and over again. The frames I liked because my mom recently upgraded all the furniture in the house, and bought lamps and accessories in bronze. The frames should make a nice addition to the decor! I think while my mom and dad go to my aunt's house, I'll print out a picture from Christmas of me and my sister, and another picture of my grandparents, and put them in the frames. That's all for her birthday! If I spent any more on her she'd have a complete fit and insist I take some of it back. LOL On the other hand, my sister very rarely bothers to get my mom anything for her birthday, and my mom complains about what a little snot she is.
Finally, I would like to do what I did last year around this time. I went through my iPod and looked at the highest played songs, and made a list of my "Top Ten" of 2006. Well, I did that again, and am going to post my top ten for this year. The only issue I have with this list is that I don't think it's completely accurate. There was lots of music that I didn't get the chance to put on my iPod during the summer, that I listened to non-stop (Um, Rhianna anyone? How many times did I do that whole "Um-Brella...ella...ella...aye...aye...aye..." thing?). I also know some of these numbers are inflated from last year. So anyway, I'll still share the list, but tomorrow I'm deleting the played numbers on my iPod so that at the end of next year, I'll have a more accurate list. Also, anything I can see I haven't played at all I'll probably delete off my iPod for more space.
My Top Ten List of 2007:
10. Over My Head (Cable Car)- The Fray (39 plays)
I just loved that song, it was my favorite from the Fray's album. I probably listened to it more at the beginning of the year, but it is still a great song.
9. Only Heart- John Mayer (41 plays)
Um, I just think this is a great song. Good beat, good lyrics. I can actually work out to this at the gym, which sometimes is hard to do with John Mayer.
8. Don't Forget About Us- Mariah Carey (43 plays)
I not-so-secretly heart Mariah Carey, and I like this song. This is one song however, that I know is over inflated from last year.
6. (Two way tie!) Clarity- John Mayer, One Night Only- Jennifer Hudson (44 plays)
Clarity is not a new song, but it is a huge spirit lifter! All my friends say they love to listen to this song if they are feeling a bit down, because it's like an instant cup of coffee for the spirit.
One Night Only is another great song. I loved the movie Dreamgirls, and Jennifer Hudson just sang her heart out on this one.
5. Diamonds From Sierra Leone- Kanye West (48 plays)
I know this is another song slightly inflated from last year. This song has a great beat and I know it got listened to a lot when I was at the gym.
4. Be Without You- Mary J. Blige (50 plays)
This is another inflated song... but I listened to it plenty this year :) Mary J. Blige has that classic R&B voice that I love. I grew up on R&B and it will probably always be my favorite music.
3. Show Stopper- Danity Kane (57 plays)
Okay, this song is inflated, but not really from numbers from last year. It's inflated because my sister downloaded this album on to my iPod, and for some reason, just this track cut off right before the end. Which means the song never resolves, and that means to satisfy your brain you are forced to instantly hit the back button and repeat it one more time. This song is a great gym song though!
2. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room- John Mayer (63 plays)
No inflation here, I just really love this song. The guitar on this song is just, well, sick, it's just that good. :)
1. Wheel- John Mayer (72 plays)
Yeah, again, I just really, really love this song. There is this a capella part at the end... so good! Was there any doubt I'd have multiple John Mayer songs on this list?
Have a happy New Year everyone! At some point tomorrow I'm busting out a new template (Robin has made me jealous!), and in a few minutes I'm adding to my photo blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday, December 31, 2007
Music iLike :) and Another Birthday
Well, I couldn't end 2007 without one more little blog post! I hope everyone is enjoying their New Year's Eve! I am staying in tonight! I never really do the party thing. My mom is apparently going to drag my dad along with her to my great aunt's house in a little while, but I would rather stay here! My great aunt, uncle, and my mother will just sit and chain smoke the entire time, and thanks but no! My mom claims that she and my dad will be back before midnight, but I don't really mind if I'm here alone with the doggies.
Tomorrow is my mom's 46th birthday. This morning she woke up a bit grouchy, so I decided it would be best to get out early to do birthday shopping for her. That way, I'd have already bought her a birthday present before she had time to irritate me! It's so much easier to find a nice gift when you are in a good mood. I was kind of at a loss as to what to buy for her! I was thinking of buying her tons of minutes for the cell phone I got her for Mother's Day, but that seemed very impersonal (plus, I'm pretty sure she has no idea where that phone currently is). So then I thought I would buy her a pretty necklace and something to go along with it, like a manicure and pedicure set. I decided I could do this all in one stop at Target.
While I found myself an exercise mat for super cheap, I wasn't finding what I wanted for her. The jewelry wasn't what I was looking for (I wanted to get her a birthstone necklace on a silver chain), and there were no pre-assembled manicure and pedicure sets! I should have picked one up before Christmas, when they had all those little gift sets out. In the end, I bought her two 4 x 6 frames in bronze that look a lot like these, and a season of The Simpsons on dvd. My mom loves cartoon shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy, so I figured this is something she can and will watch over and over again. The frames I liked because my mom recently upgraded all the furniture in the house, and bought lamps and accessories in bronze. The frames should make a nice addition to the decor! I think while my mom and dad go to my aunt's house, I'll print out a picture from Christmas of me and my sister, and another picture of my grandparents, and put them in the frames. That's all for her birthday! If I spent any more on her she'd have a complete fit and insist I take some of it back. LOL On the other hand, my sister very rarely bothers to get my mom anything for her birthday, and my mom complains about what a little snot she is.
Finally, I would like to do what I did last year around this time. I went through my iPod and looked at the highest played songs, and made a list of my "Top Ten" of 2006. Well, I did that again, and am going to post my top ten for this year. The only issue I have with this list is that I don't think it's completely accurate. There was lots of music that I didn't get the chance to put on my iPod during the summer, that I listened to non-stop (Um, Rhianna anyone? How many times did I do that whole "Um-Brella...ella...ella...aye...aye...aye..." thing?). I also know some of these numbers are inflated from last year. So anyway, I'll still share the list, but tomorrow I'm deleting the played numbers on my iPod so that at the end of next year, I'll have a more accurate list. Also, anything I can see I haven't played at all I'll probably delete off my iPod for more space.
My Top Ten List of 2007:
10. Over My Head (Cable Car)- The Fray (39 plays)
I just loved that song, it was my favorite from the Fray's album. I probably listened to it more at the beginning of the year, but it is still a great song.
9. Only Heart- John Mayer (41 plays)
Um, I just think this is a great song. Good beat, good lyrics. I can actually work out to this at the gym, which sometimes is hard to do with John Mayer.
8. Don't Forget About Us- Mariah Carey (43 plays)
I not-so-secretly heart Mariah Carey, and I like this song. This is one song however, that I know is over inflated from last year.
6. (Two way tie!) Clarity- John Mayer, One Night Only- Jennifer Hudson (44 plays)
Clarity is not a new song, but it is a huge spirit lifter! All my friends say they love to listen to this song if they are feeling a bit down, because it's like an instant cup of coffee for the spirit.
One Night Only is another great song. I loved the movie Dreamgirls, and Jennifer Hudson just sang her heart out on this one.
5. Diamonds From Sierra Leone- Kanye West (48 plays)
I know this is another song slightly inflated from last year. This song has a great beat and I know it got listened to a lot when I was at the gym.
4. Be Without You- Mary J. Blige (50 plays)
This is another inflated song... but I listened to it plenty this year :) Mary J. Blige has that classic R&B voice that I love. I grew up on R&B and it will probably always be my favorite music.
3. Show Stopper- Danity Kane (57 plays)
Okay, this song is inflated, but not really from numbers from last year. It's inflated because my sister downloaded this album on to my iPod, and for some reason, just this track cut off right before the end. Which means the song never resolves, and that means to satisfy your brain you are forced to instantly hit the back button and repeat it one more time. This song is a great gym song though!
2. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room- John Mayer (63 plays)
No inflation here, I just really love this song. The guitar on this song is just, well, sick, it's just that good. :)
1. Wheel- John Mayer (72 plays)
Yeah, again, I just really, really love this song. There is this a capella part at the end... so good! Was there any doubt I'd have multiple John Mayer songs on this list?
Have a happy New Year everyone! At some point tomorrow I'm busting out a new template (Robin has made me jealous!), and in a few minutes I'm adding to my photo blog.
Tomorrow is my mom's 46th birthday. This morning she woke up a bit grouchy, so I decided it would be best to get out early to do birthday shopping for her. That way, I'd have already bought her a birthday present before she had time to irritate me! It's so much easier to find a nice gift when you are in a good mood. I was kind of at a loss as to what to buy for her! I was thinking of buying her tons of minutes for the cell phone I got her for Mother's Day, but that seemed very impersonal (plus, I'm pretty sure she has no idea where that phone currently is). So then I thought I would buy her a pretty necklace and something to go along with it, like a manicure and pedicure set. I decided I could do this all in one stop at Target.
While I found myself an exercise mat for super cheap, I wasn't finding what I wanted for her. The jewelry wasn't what I was looking for (I wanted to get her a birthstone necklace on a silver chain), and there were no pre-assembled manicure and pedicure sets! I should have picked one up before Christmas, when they had all those little gift sets out. In the end, I bought her two 4 x 6 frames in bronze that look a lot like these, and a season of The Simpsons on dvd. My mom loves cartoon shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy, so I figured this is something she can and will watch over and over again. The frames I liked because my mom recently upgraded all the furniture in the house, and bought lamps and accessories in bronze. The frames should make a nice addition to the decor! I think while my mom and dad go to my aunt's house, I'll print out a picture from Christmas of me and my sister, and another picture of my grandparents, and put them in the frames. That's all for her birthday! If I spent any more on her she'd have a complete fit and insist I take some of it back. LOL On the other hand, my sister very rarely bothers to get my mom anything for her birthday, and my mom complains about what a little snot she is.
Finally, I would like to do what I did last year around this time. I went through my iPod and looked at the highest played songs, and made a list of my "Top Ten" of 2006. Well, I did that again, and am going to post my top ten for this year. The only issue I have with this list is that I don't think it's completely accurate. There was lots of music that I didn't get the chance to put on my iPod during the summer, that I listened to non-stop (Um, Rhianna anyone? How many times did I do that whole "Um-Brella...ella...ella...aye...aye...aye..." thing?). I also know some of these numbers are inflated from last year. So anyway, I'll still share the list, but tomorrow I'm deleting the played numbers on my iPod so that at the end of next year, I'll have a more accurate list. Also, anything I can see I haven't played at all I'll probably delete off my iPod for more space.
My Top Ten List of 2007:
10. Over My Head (Cable Car)- The Fray (39 plays)
I just loved that song, it was my favorite from the Fray's album. I probably listened to it more at the beginning of the year, but it is still a great song.
9. Only Heart- John Mayer (41 plays)
Um, I just think this is a great song. Good beat, good lyrics. I can actually work out to this at the gym, which sometimes is hard to do with John Mayer.
8. Don't Forget About Us- Mariah Carey (43 plays)
I not-so-secretly heart Mariah Carey, and I like this song. This is one song however, that I know is over inflated from last year.
6. (Two way tie!) Clarity- John Mayer, One Night Only- Jennifer Hudson (44 plays)
Clarity is not a new song, but it is a huge spirit lifter! All my friends say they love to listen to this song if they are feeling a bit down, because it's like an instant cup of coffee for the spirit.
One Night Only is another great song. I loved the movie Dreamgirls, and Jennifer Hudson just sang her heart out on this one.
5. Diamonds From Sierra Leone- Kanye West (48 plays)
I know this is another song slightly inflated from last year. This song has a great beat and I know it got listened to a lot when I was at the gym.
4. Be Without You- Mary J. Blige (50 plays)
This is another inflated song... but I listened to it plenty this year :) Mary J. Blige has that classic R&B voice that I love. I grew up on R&B and it will probably always be my favorite music.
3. Show Stopper- Danity Kane (57 plays)
Okay, this song is inflated, but not really from numbers from last year. It's inflated because my sister downloaded this album on to my iPod, and for some reason, just this track cut off right before the end. Which means the song never resolves, and that means to satisfy your brain you are forced to instantly hit the back button and repeat it one more time. This song is a great gym song though!
2. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room- John Mayer (63 plays)
No inflation here, I just really love this song. The guitar on this song is just, well, sick, it's just that good. :)
1. Wheel- John Mayer (72 plays)
Yeah, again, I just really, really love this song. There is this a capella part at the end... so good! Was there any doubt I'd have multiple John Mayer songs on this list?
Have a happy New Year everyone! At some point tomorrow I'm busting out a new template (Robin has made me jealous!), and in a few minutes I'm adding to my photo blog.
3 comments:
- Kirby said...
-
Cute new template!
I almost didn't realize that there are people in this world who like John Mayer. Everyone I know (including myself) dislike all of his music. No offense, I am just saying you are the first one I have come across. ;)It must be that you are the only cool one, right? -
1:51 PM EST
- Tamara said...
-
:) Yeah, lol it's the whole quarterlife crisis thing I guess... lol all my friends love him!
-
6:59 PM EST
- Kim said...
-
With all the John Mayer talk, I had to go to YouTube and look him up. I can see myself liking him. I'll have to pay more attention in the future. I normally listen to those "Best Hits" stations that focus on music from the 70s, 80s and softer stuff of today...like Michael Bublé.
I didn't know iPod had that feature, neat! Now I kind of wish mine hadn't died. -
9:22 AM EST
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute new template!
I almost didn't realize that there are people in this world who like John Mayer. Everyone I know (including myself) dislike all of his music. No offense, I am just saying you are the first one I have come across. ;)It must be that you are the only cool one, right?
:) Yeah, lol it's the whole quarterlife crisis thing I guess... lol all my friends love him!
With all the John Mayer talk, I had to go to YouTube and look him up. I can see myself liking him. I'll have to pay more attention in the future. I normally listen to those "Best Hits" stations that focus on music from the 70s, 80s and softer stuff of today...like Michael Bublé.
I didn't know iPod had that feature, neat! Now I kind of wish mine hadn't died.
Post a Comment