Saturday, November 15, 2008

Chicken in the BAG!

I know for sure I posted a similar blog last year during NaBloPoMo... but this blog is too funny not to post. My father and I were sent on a mission by my mother to stock up on groceries so that we don't have to fight crowds next week for Thanksgiving necessities. Well, it seemed like everyone had this idea too, because the stores were packed! And leave it to Walmart to always have an interesting array of people shopping all at once. Like for instance, the mother with the two daughters who were wearing shorts... in the 3o-something degree weather we experienced today, with a lovely rain/snow mix! Or the various men, who were obviously sent by their significant others, because they were wandering aimlessly around the cooler full of turkeys, on cell phones, asking their wives/girlfriends what exactly to buy. (My father also at one point whipped out his cell phone when I was on a scavenger hunt for pie crusts.)

It was while we were picking up some chicken breasts that I overheard this humorous conversation:
"Girrrl! Ooh! I'm totally getting me some of this, after Thanksgiving!"
"What is it?"
"Girrrl, it's tha BOMB! That's what is it!"
"But WHAT is it?"
"It's the chicken in the bag girrl, the chicken in the bag!"
"Chicken in a bag?"
"Yes... Steve can NOT get enough of it! It's soo good, they got all the seasonings right in the bag, girrl! All you's got to do is put it in the oven, and then BAM! You got yourself the BOMB!"
"It's ready to cook?"
"Yup, it's like magic. Just take it out the bag, and then BAM!"

******

Now that conversation would seem like it came from two twenty-something girls... but no, these women were definitely my mom's age if not older! I tried very, very hard not to laugh, and just mind my own business... but seriously. Chicken in a bag? It's apparently the bomb, in case anyone was wondering what exactly to serve for dinner tonight.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hee hee hee.

Kim said...

LOL. I went to Wal-Mart today, and I was thinking the same thing. I kept wondering if it was a full moon, because I do believe everyone had lost their minds. Or maybe it just seems that way when there are 20 million people crammed in one building?

Yummy chicken in a bag. Gonna have to try that ;)

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Chicken in the BAG!

I know for sure I posted a similar blog last year during NaBloPoMo... but this blog is too funny not to post. My father and I were sent on a mission by my mother to stock up on groceries so that we don't have to fight crowds next week for Thanksgiving necessities. Well, it seemed like everyone had this idea too, because the stores were packed! And leave it to Walmart to always have an interesting array of people shopping all at once. Like for instance, the mother with the two daughters who were wearing shorts... in the 3o-something degree weather we experienced today, with a lovely rain/snow mix! Or the various men, who were obviously sent by their significant others, because they were wandering aimlessly around the cooler full of turkeys, on cell phones, asking their wives/girlfriends what exactly to buy. (My father also at one point whipped out his cell phone when I was on a scavenger hunt for pie crusts.)

It was while we were picking up some chicken breasts that I overheard this humorous conversation:
"Girrrl! Ooh! I'm totally getting me some of this, after Thanksgiving!"
"What is it?"
"Girrrl, it's tha BOMB! That's what is it!"
"But WHAT is it?"
"It's the chicken in the bag girrl, the chicken in the bag!"
"Chicken in a bag?"
"Yes... Steve can NOT get enough of it! It's soo good, they got all the seasonings right in the bag, girrl! All you's got to do is put it in the oven, and then BAM! You got yourself the BOMB!"
"It's ready to cook?"
"Yup, it's like magic. Just take it out the bag, and then BAM!"

******

Now that conversation would seem like it came from two twenty-something girls... but no, these women were definitely my mom's age if not older! I tried very, very hard not to laugh, and just mind my own business... but seriously. Chicken in a bag? It's apparently the bomb, in case anyone was wondering what exactly to serve for dinner tonight.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hee hee hee.

Kim said...

LOL. I went to Wal-Mart today, and I was thinking the same thing. I kept wondering if it was a full moon, because I do believe everyone had lost their minds. Or maybe it just seems that way when there are 20 million people crammed in one building?

Yummy chicken in a bag. Gonna have to try that ;)