Sunday, November 20, 2011

10 Things I Love

I've been so fixated on what is wrong in my life right now, it has occurred to me that I should start thinking about some of the things that are good. So I've decided to put together a list of things I love.

10 Things I love (in no particular order):

1. Even though my mother is 10 kinds of nutty, I know that her love for me is unconditional.
2. My hair. Even though it takes a million products to calm it down, when it looks good, it looks good. :)
3. Chocolate milk. With honey graham crackers... such a great bedtime snack.
4. Xanax. God bless the person who invented this drug. I'm not one to pop pills, but I've come to accept my brain and body do things I can't control. And sometimes I need a reset button. It's amazing how I can take one pill and it can get me straight for the rest of the week.
5. Mr. Tedders McFredders, or as better know simply as, Teddy. My ever faithful dog who I love so much. He's truly the most loyal dog I've ever had, and probably ever will have.
6. Work. I have a love/hate relationship with my job right now, but I will say I am happy to have employment when so many people don't. I'm barely making it, but barely making it is making it, afterall.
7. School. I'm a nerd, and I love education. I love the satisfaction of knowing that I've put in the work and the reward is knowledge that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
8. Sleep. How amazing is my warm bed? How much am I going to hate leaving it in the morning???
9. Things that sparkle. :) I love sparkly accessories, sparkly buttons on my favorite cardigan, sparkly headbands, etc. I even like sparkly eye shadow, except I don't want to look like a stripper, so I resist that temptation, haha.
10. Music. Music is food for my soul... I can't explain it in any other way.

1 comment:

Robin said...

#4 Indeed!! I probably wouldn't be here if that drug didn't exist; seriously.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

10 Things I Love

I've been so fixated on what is wrong in my life right now, it has occurred to me that I should start thinking about some of the things that are good. So I've decided to put together a list of things I love.

10 Things I love (in no particular order):

1. Even though my mother is 10 kinds of nutty, I know that her love for me is unconditional.
2. My hair. Even though it takes a million products to calm it down, when it looks good, it looks good. :)
3. Chocolate milk. With honey graham crackers... such a great bedtime snack.
4. Xanax. God bless the person who invented this drug. I'm not one to pop pills, but I've come to accept my brain and body do things I can't control. And sometimes I need a reset button. It's amazing how I can take one pill and it can get me straight for the rest of the week.
5. Mr. Tedders McFredders, or as better know simply as, Teddy. My ever faithful dog who I love so much. He's truly the most loyal dog I've ever had, and probably ever will have.
6. Work. I have a love/hate relationship with my job right now, but I will say I am happy to have employment when so many people don't. I'm barely making it, but barely making it is making it, afterall.
7. School. I'm a nerd, and I love education. I love the satisfaction of knowing that I've put in the work and the reward is knowledge that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
8. Sleep. How amazing is my warm bed? How much am I going to hate leaving it in the morning???
9. Things that sparkle. :) I love sparkly accessories, sparkly buttons on my favorite cardigan, sparkly headbands, etc. I even like sparkly eye shadow, except I don't want to look like a stripper, so I resist that temptation, haha.
10. Music. Music is food for my soul... I can't explain it in any other way.

1 comment:

Robin said...

#4 Indeed!! I probably wouldn't be here if that drug didn't exist; seriously.