Friday, January 27, 2006

Back to the deep side

I kinda feel like in my life it's now or never. Either I sit down and start studying for the MCAT and be prepared to take it, or else I'm not going to take it at all. Ever. Ah why the hell has life come down to the point of being determined by a standardized test?

I got pretty much no sleep last night. I think that's part of what is making me feel so crazied at the moment. Also adding to the fact that I've been stuck at home all day long with mom probably has not helped my state of mind.

So random thought here, my ipod has this little symbol in the top right hand corner that kind of looks like a wrench. What the heck does that mean?

Watched Garden State for the first time last night. That movie sums up 20 something angst quite perfectly in my opinion.

I'm pretty much over my cold now, and all the quiet restfulness of the past week has me feeling a little bonkers. So I guess add that to the sleep deprevation.

I'm going to post a book review of Wicked as soon as I finish it, hopefully by Monday. I find the book to be oddly interesting, but in order to process it in my brain and actually like it, I've had to completely remove any ideas of "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" from it. It's just too odd to put the two stories in the same compartment of my brain.

I've decided today that it's time to take up my guitar and pilates again. I think maybe in March I'm going to start taking guitar lessons. Not that I don't think I can teach myself how to play, I think I can manage that. But I need to learn technique, plus, paying for weekly lessons will actually keep me motivated when it comes to practicing. Practicing is great when you feel like you have some sort of mastery, but when you're just learning and getting completely frustrated that you're not a phenom, then practicing gets kind of old.

No comments:

Friday, January 27, 2006

Back to the deep side

I kinda feel like in my life it's now or never. Either I sit down and start studying for the MCAT and be prepared to take it, or else I'm not going to take it at all. Ever. Ah why the hell has life come down to the point of being determined by a standardized test?

I got pretty much no sleep last night. I think that's part of what is making me feel so crazied at the moment. Also adding to the fact that I've been stuck at home all day long with mom probably has not helped my state of mind.

So random thought here, my ipod has this little symbol in the top right hand corner that kind of looks like a wrench. What the heck does that mean?

Watched Garden State for the first time last night. That movie sums up 20 something angst quite perfectly in my opinion.

I'm pretty much over my cold now, and all the quiet restfulness of the past week has me feeling a little bonkers. So I guess add that to the sleep deprevation.

I'm going to post a book review of Wicked as soon as I finish it, hopefully by Monday. I find the book to be oddly interesting, but in order to process it in my brain and actually like it, I've had to completely remove any ideas of "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" from it. It's just too odd to put the two stories in the same compartment of my brain.

I've decided today that it's time to take up my guitar and pilates again. I think maybe in March I'm going to start taking guitar lessons. Not that I don't think I can teach myself how to play, I think I can manage that. But I need to learn technique, plus, paying for weekly lessons will actually keep me motivated when it comes to practicing. Practicing is great when you feel like you have some sort of mastery, but when you're just learning and getting completely frustrated that you're not a phenom, then practicing gets kind of old.

No comments: