Monday, January 23, 2006

Birthdays and such

So my birthday was yesterday. Lucky me, a year older. Birthdays are starting to lose their fun factor, as you begin to realize you're getting further and further into adulthood and it won't be long before people stop calling you "kid."
But I don't mean to put a depressing spin on my birthday. All in all it wasn't a bad day. Holly sent me birthday wishes, and Pumpkin and Lisa S. called to say hi and wish me well. I got the annual "So now you're an old woman" speech from Gramma, and a call from Aunt Kathy at almost midnight to wish me happy birthday before time ran out.
The worst parts of my birthday? Being sick. This is the second time I remember being sick on my birthday, and that totally sucks. But thanks to Cold-Eeze, I was actually well enough to taste my food and enjoy my day. The other part of my birthday that wasn't good was that I never got wished happy birthday by a few people. The few people of course, being people I expected out of everyone to remember me on my birthday but somehow they seemed to forgot about me. Ah well, such is life, and I'll remember that when it comes to their birthdays and I go all out of my way to do something special for them. I'm not trying to sound catty, it's just after a while, you stop going out of your way for people who seem to forget about you at a moment's notice.
Well my family all remembered me, and in the end guess that's all that really matters.
I got to go shopping with Orelia, and that was fun, and then I went to dinner with Tiffany and Rich, and that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My cake was a yellow-chocolate marble, with chocolate frosting, and it was very good. :) So yeah, in the end, it was a pretty decent birthday.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Birthdays and such

So my birthday was yesterday. Lucky me, a year older. Birthdays are starting to lose their fun factor, as you begin to realize you're getting further and further into adulthood and it won't be long before people stop calling you "kid."
But I don't mean to put a depressing spin on my birthday. All in all it wasn't a bad day. Holly sent me birthday wishes, and Pumpkin and Lisa S. called to say hi and wish me well. I got the annual "So now you're an old woman" speech from Gramma, and a call from Aunt Kathy at almost midnight to wish me happy birthday before time ran out.
The worst parts of my birthday? Being sick. This is the second time I remember being sick on my birthday, and that totally sucks. But thanks to Cold-Eeze, I was actually well enough to taste my food and enjoy my day. The other part of my birthday that wasn't good was that I never got wished happy birthday by a few people. The few people of course, being people I expected out of everyone to remember me on my birthday but somehow they seemed to forgot about me. Ah well, such is life, and I'll remember that when it comes to their birthdays and I go all out of my way to do something special for them. I'm not trying to sound catty, it's just after a while, you stop going out of your way for people who seem to forget about you at a moment's notice.
Well my family all remembered me, and in the end guess that's all that really matters.
I got to go shopping with Orelia, and that was fun, and then I went to dinner with Tiffany and Rich, and that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My cake was a yellow-chocolate marble, with chocolate frosting, and it was very good. :) So yeah, in the end, it was a pretty decent birthday.