ACK.
That describes how I felt yesterday, perfectly.
I thought to myself on Monday night, that Tuesday I'd be feeling much better and all would be well, and I'd be back on the good old study wagon. I thought to myself, your cold will almost be gone and it will be the perfect time to get in 4 or even 5 hours of study time.
How wrong I was.
You see, on Monday night, my mom decided that we should order Chinese takeout. While I thought a great dinner would consist of Chicken Stir Fry Noodles, my mom vetoed my idea and decided on Szchwan Chicken. For anyone that doesn't know what Szchewan Chicken is like, let's just say there are lots of peppers in the sauce. So, fine whatever. I have never really had a problem with eating spicy foods, just as long as I eat them in moderation. And, since this was my only spicy food of the day, heck of the week, I didn't think anything would come of it.
Oh, yes, I was wrong.
I had been taking ibuprofen and decongestants and Cold-Eeze for my cold. All of which irritate my stomach to some extent. Especially the Cold-Eeze, which is stock full of that zinc. So apparently, my digestion was not a fan of this mixture. At about 8am, after I had gotten up to answer the phone, some of the worst stomach cramps I have ever had decided to take my body over all at once. I mean it really just hit me suddenly, like the proverbial ton of bricks. Three trips to the bathroom later, (along with nausea from the overwhelming pain in my abdomen,) I was completely miserable. For the entire day yesterday my stomach threatened to hurt. Everytime I moved in a certain direction or breathed the wrong way, I could feel rumbling pain in my stomach. It left me dehydrated and add that to my cold, and I had a ripping headache for most of the day. And to make matters worse, my mom had went grocery shopping for my grandmother, so for most of the day I was stuck baby sitting the dogs. Which dogs is too nice of a term. I think they should be described as overgrown tasmanian devil-like puppies. It's basically the equivalent of chasing after two toddlers all day long.
So now today, my stomach still feels quite touchy, so I think it will be another day of chicken soup. From feeling so bad yesterday, it now feels like my cold is in full force again. Oh joy. I had such grand plans for this week, none of which are happening for me. Hopefully today I'll get in that four hours of study I've been hoping for, and all will be well.
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
ACK
ACK.
That describes how I felt yesterday, perfectly.
I thought to myself on Monday night, that Tuesday I'd be feeling much better and all would be well, and I'd be back on the good old study wagon. I thought to myself, your cold will almost be gone and it will be the perfect time to get in 4 or even 5 hours of study time.
How wrong I was.
You see, on Monday night, my mom decided that we should order Chinese takeout. While I thought a great dinner would consist of Chicken Stir Fry Noodles, my mom vetoed my idea and decided on Szchwan Chicken. For anyone that doesn't know what Szchewan Chicken is like, let's just say there are lots of peppers in the sauce. So, fine whatever. I have never really had a problem with eating spicy foods, just as long as I eat them in moderation. And, since this was my only spicy food of the day, heck of the week, I didn't think anything would come of it.
Oh, yes, I was wrong.
I had been taking ibuprofen and decongestants and Cold-Eeze for my cold. All of which irritate my stomach to some extent. Especially the Cold-Eeze, which is stock full of that zinc. So apparently, my digestion was not a fan of this mixture. At about 8am, after I had gotten up to answer the phone, some of the worst stomach cramps I have ever had decided to take my body over all at once. I mean it really just hit me suddenly, like the proverbial ton of bricks. Three trips to the bathroom later, (along with nausea from the overwhelming pain in my abdomen,) I was completely miserable. For the entire day yesterday my stomach threatened to hurt. Everytime I moved in a certain direction or breathed the wrong way, I could feel rumbling pain in my stomach. It left me dehydrated and add that to my cold, and I had a ripping headache for most of the day. And to make matters worse, my mom had went grocery shopping for my grandmother, so for most of the day I was stuck baby sitting the dogs. Which dogs is too nice of a term. I think they should be described as overgrown tasmanian devil-like puppies. It's basically the equivalent of chasing after two toddlers all day long.
So now today, my stomach still feels quite touchy, so I think it will be another day of chicken soup. From feeling so bad yesterday, it now feels like my cold is in full force again. Oh joy. I had such grand plans for this week, none of which are happening for me. Hopefully today I'll get in that four hours of study I've been hoping for, and all will be well.
That describes how I felt yesterday, perfectly.
I thought to myself on Monday night, that Tuesday I'd be feeling much better and all would be well, and I'd be back on the good old study wagon. I thought to myself, your cold will almost be gone and it will be the perfect time to get in 4 or even 5 hours of study time.
How wrong I was.
You see, on Monday night, my mom decided that we should order Chinese takeout. While I thought a great dinner would consist of Chicken Stir Fry Noodles, my mom vetoed my idea and decided on Szchwan Chicken. For anyone that doesn't know what Szchewan Chicken is like, let's just say there are lots of peppers in the sauce. So, fine whatever. I have never really had a problem with eating spicy foods, just as long as I eat them in moderation. And, since this was my only spicy food of the day, heck of the week, I didn't think anything would come of it.
Oh, yes, I was wrong.
I had been taking ibuprofen and decongestants and Cold-Eeze for my cold. All of which irritate my stomach to some extent. Especially the Cold-Eeze, which is stock full of that zinc. So apparently, my digestion was not a fan of this mixture. At about 8am, after I had gotten up to answer the phone, some of the worst stomach cramps I have ever had decided to take my body over all at once. I mean it really just hit me suddenly, like the proverbial ton of bricks. Three trips to the bathroom later, (along with nausea from the overwhelming pain in my abdomen,) I was completely miserable. For the entire day yesterday my stomach threatened to hurt. Everytime I moved in a certain direction or breathed the wrong way, I could feel rumbling pain in my stomach. It left me dehydrated and add that to my cold, and I had a ripping headache for most of the day. And to make matters worse, my mom had went grocery shopping for my grandmother, so for most of the day I was stuck baby sitting the dogs. Which dogs is too nice of a term. I think they should be described as overgrown tasmanian devil-like puppies. It's basically the equivalent of chasing after two toddlers all day long.
So now today, my stomach still feels quite touchy, so I think it will be another day of chicken soup. From feeling so bad yesterday, it now feels like my cold is in full force again. Oh joy. I had such grand plans for this week, none of which are happening for me. Hopefully today I'll get in that four hours of study I've been hoping for, and all will be well.
2 comments:
- Pants said...
-
For my picture I just went to Wal-Mart and had them take a passport shot for $5 or so... my roommate just took a picture of herself with a regular camera, standing in front of a blank wall or something equally bland, and then when she got the developed photo back, cut it down to regulation size.
I doubt that was really one sentence. Consider it a game of fill in the punctuation.
p.s. feel better!!! -
1:47 PM EST
- Robin said...
-
Bah! That sounds like a dreadful day.
When I had my strep throat I couldn't understand why I had to make "frequent bathroom trips" if you get my drift. That was from the meds I was on. That is the worst feeling in the world though. Blech!
Hope your feeling better today!!
=) -
2:29 PM EST
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
For my picture I just went to Wal-Mart and had them take a passport shot for $5 or so... my roommate just took a picture of herself with a regular camera, standing in front of a blank wall or something equally bland, and then when she got the developed photo back, cut it down to regulation size.
I doubt that was really one sentence. Consider it a game of fill in the punctuation.
p.s. feel better!!!
Bah! That sounds like a dreadful day.
When I had my strep throat I couldn't understand why I had to make "frequent bathroom trips" if you get my drift. That was from the meds I was on. That is the worst feeling in the world though. Blech!
Hope your feeling better today!!
=)
Post a Comment