Friday, March 31, 2006
April Fools. Ha.
Ah I wish. Actually I'll be taking a little involuntary internet vacation. My DSL won't be fixed until next week sometime, and my free AOL runs out today, so um, yeah.
I am temporarily changing my avatar to reflect the current Michigan weather. My Easter girly will be back shortly. But on that note, I am so glad tomorrow is the first day of April! April showers, May brings flowers, and all that jazz. Springing foward and falling back...err the time change. I always secretly delight in changing the time, because it seems to be the official announcement of Spring or Fall. But I dread it because I will be losing an hour of sleep when I've been sleep deprived this past week as it is. And it's going to confuse my study habits.
And speaking of studying, the best part about April is that the MCAT will finally be done and over with. I can't imagine what it will feel like to be a normal person and not have to be constantly mentally calculating how many hours of study I have gotten in. But as soon as the MCAT is over I know I'll be freaking out about going to camp again, and going to camp for May weekend and seeing all my homies. (Insert the song "Rollin with the Homies" from Clueless right here.) I am going to be so sad without Holly, my partner in crime. Sadness. But I have the fun of seeing my counselor Nichole be UD Nichole this summer. Well, it will be fun for her eventually. I suppose at first I'll have to appologize to her for recommending her for the job, and the subsequent stress that will follow her through at least the first two sessions.
So I went to the bank today, and I deposited $200. Okay, great. Then I get my reciept, and look at it, and my new balance is $207. Two oh Seven? What, you mean to tell me that as of this morning I only have 7 dollars in my account? Geez, I knew I was getting low on cash, but I didn't think it was that bad. I thought I must at least have $20 left. I hope I mentally calculated everything correctly, and didn't accidently write a check when I didn't have the cash to cover it. I'd really hate to get an overdraft on a $20 check with a $20 charge for a bounced check. That would suck.
But I feel good knowing that I made $100 today. But it was well earned, believe me. Those kids I subbed for were horrid. They are the same kids I subbed for on St. Patty's day. But these were the kids that got left behind on their 5th grade field trip because that had too bad of behavior. So I got stuck with the 12 naughty kids, and oh were they naughty! I broke up one fight, then the kid who started the fight decided to throw anything he could get his hands on around the room. He threw chairs, a couple of desks, a stapler, books, etc. Yeah, the principal took care of that little monster. Then I broke up two more almost fights, and then some kid got his candy stolen, and then I ran out of work for the little heathens, so they were running around the room until I had had it. I made them sit for the better part of half an hour in the dark with their heads down. I told them if they were going to act like kindergarteners, they were going to be treated as such.
There's a reason why I'm not a Bernie. I know to some of you that makes no sense, but then, some of you out there know exactly what I mean when I say I'm not a Bernie.
But it's over, I am getting $100 for the day, and now I am going to take a nice long nap while this Spring storm moves past. The day itself was very plesant, in the upper 60's, and I actually enjoy a nice Spring thunderstorm. If I could erase dealing with the kids, the day would have been perfect. As it was, it was more like perfectly stressful!
I kept waiting for someone to say "April Fools!" but alas, I was one day shy.
Friday, March 31, 2006
April Fools. Ha.
Ah I wish. Actually I'll be taking a little involuntary internet vacation. My DSL won't be fixed until next week sometime, and my free AOL runs out today, so um, yeah.
I am temporarily changing my avatar to reflect the current Michigan weather. My Easter girly will be back shortly. But on that note, I am so glad tomorrow is the first day of April! April showers, May brings flowers, and all that jazz. Springing foward and falling back...err the time change. I always secretly delight in changing the time, because it seems to be the official announcement of Spring or Fall. But I dread it because I will be losing an hour of sleep when I've been sleep deprived this past week as it is. And it's going to confuse my study habits.
And speaking of studying, the best part about April is that the MCAT will finally be done and over with. I can't imagine what it will feel like to be a normal person and not have to be constantly mentally calculating how many hours of study I have gotten in. But as soon as the MCAT is over I know I'll be freaking out about going to camp again, and going to camp for May weekend and seeing all my homies. (Insert the song "Rollin with the Homies" from Clueless right here.) I am going to be so sad without Holly, my partner in crime. Sadness. But I have the fun of seeing my counselor Nichole be UD Nichole this summer. Well, it will be fun for her eventually. I suppose at first I'll have to appologize to her for recommending her for the job, and the subsequent stress that will follow her through at least the first two sessions.
So I went to the bank today, and I deposited $200. Okay, great. Then I get my reciept, and look at it, and my new balance is $207. Two oh Seven? What, you mean to tell me that as of this morning I only have 7 dollars in my account? Geez, I knew I was getting low on cash, but I didn't think it was that bad. I thought I must at least have $20 left. I hope I mentally calculated everything correctly, and didn't accidently write a check when I didn't have the cash to cover it. I'd really hate to get an overdraft on a $20 check with a $20 charge for a bounced check. That would suck.
But I feel good knowing that I made $100 today. But it was well earned, believe me. Those kids I subbed for were horrid. They are the same kids I subbed for on St. Patty's day. But these were the kids that got left behind on their 5th grade field trip because that had too bad of behavior. So I got stuck with the 12 naughty kids, and oh were they naughty! I broke up one fight, then the kid who started the fight decided to throw anything he could get his hands on around the room. He threw chairs, a couple of desks, a stapler, books, etc. Yeah, the principal took care of that little monster. Then I broke up two more almost fights, and then some kid got his candy stolen, and then I ran out of work for the little heathens, so they were running around the room until I had had it. I made them sit for the better part of half an hour in the dark with their heads down. I told them if they were going to act like kindergarteners, they were going to be treated as such.
There's a reason why I'm not a Bernie. I know to some of you that makes no sense, but then, some of you out there know exactly what I mean when I say I'm not a Bernie.
But it's over, I am getting $100 for the day, and now I am going to take a nice long nap while this Spring storm moves past. The day itself was very plesant, in the upper 60's, and I actually enjoy a nice Spring thunderstorm. If I could erase dealing with the kids, the day would have been perfect. As it was, it was more like perfectly stressful!
I kept waiting for someone to say "April Fools!" but alas, I was one day shy.
3 comments:
- Pants said...
-
Not a Bernie. HA!
But what do you do when the OVERFLOW Bernies are put in your cabin. WHAT THEN?
Immature kids and a counselor in tears, that's what. -
10:48 AM EST
- Pants said...
-
And in response:
- yes, you are allowed to bring a backpack, but you have to leave it in a designated area I believe... like up against the wall or something.
- I did not do the whole food techniques thing... I believe the night before I had hot dogs and chips and the morning of... geez... a bagel? But I definitely was just eating whatever I wanted b/c I was taking the effing MCAT.
- I didn't get my score until June. Mid-June, I believe. And yes, they did post them online. At like 10pm the day before they said they were going to be available. I don't know how I knew that, but I was definitely there reloading the webpage.
- As for sending out your scores, I believe you have them sent to the AAMC and then when you apply via AMCAS to med schools, the scores are automatically, and verifiably, sent out. I think AMCAS just knows once you plug in your SSN and stuff. It knows to look for MCAT scores. I think. I'll ask around on that last one, cause my memory is fuzzy. Isn't that sad? It was less than a year ago...
Guess that goes to show how you just try to BLOCK IT ALL OUT once it's over. Keep up the good work ;) -
10:56 AM EST
- Tamara said...
-
Ah the damned Bernies. LOL. Yeah I definately had a rant to Heidi over that one.
The MCAT!!! Too much crap. Did you ever feel like you were just running out of study time? That's the way I feel right now. If I get through all my study material I think it will be a miracle.
I was just wondering how to get the blasted scores sent out because since I'm not directly applying to med schools but to grad programs I was wondering if I had to follow some different procedure. -
4:30 PM EDT
3 comments:
Not a Bernie. HA!
But what do you do when the OVERFLOW Bernies are put in your cabin. WHAT THEN?
Immature kids and a counselor in tears, that's what.
And in response:
- yes, you are allowed to bring a backpack, but you have to leave it in a designated area I believe... like up against the wall or something.
- I did not do the whole food techniques thing... I believe the night before I had hot dogs and chips and the morning of... geez... a bagel? But I definitely was just eating whatever I wanted b/c I was taking the effing MCAT.
- I didn't get my score until June. Mid-June, I believe. And yes, they did post them online. At like 10pm the day before they said they were going to be available. I don't know how I knew that, but I was definitely there reloading the webpage.
- As for sending out your scores, I believe you have them sent to the AAMC and then when you apply via AMCAS to med schools, the scores are automatically, and verifiably, sent out. I think AMCAS just knows once you plug in your SSN and stuff. It knows to look for MCAT scores. I think. I'll ask around on that last one, cause my memory is fuzzy. Isn't that sad? It was less than a year ago...
Guess that goes to show how you just try to BLOCK IT ALL OUT once it's over. Keep up the good work ;)
Ah the damned Bernies. LOL. Yeah I definately had a rant to Heidi over that one.
The MCAT!!! Too much crap. Did you ever feel like you were just running out of study time? That's the way I feel right now. If I get through all my study material I think it will be a miracle.
I was just wondering how to get the blasted scores sent out because since I'm not directly applying to med schools but to grad programs I was wondering if I had to follow some different procedure.
Post a Comment