Well, my cold is still lingering, but I am finally starting to feel like a normal person again.
I think it will be safe for me to go to the gym tomorrow. I think I'm finally over my cold enough to be able to physically exert myself without it making me more ill. And, as a courtesy to the other gym patrons, I should not be contagious at this point.
*************
So this is completely random. But, I was just peering at my body in the mirror the other day after a bath. LOL I'm not generally a girl who likes to look at herself in the mirror standing there in a mismatched bra and underwear and footies. But on occasion it's a necessary evil. So I decided that I really do not have much problems with my figure. I mean yeah, sure it'd be nice if my stomach was a little flatter, or my thighs were a little more toned and not so blah, but really, I can't complain too much about my figure. I happen to like having a curvy body, and I would never want to be one of those poor girls who were born without a butt. I take pride in the fact that I can fill out the back of my jeans without looking like I'm concealing a whale in my back pocket. There's something to be said about have a nicely proportioned bubble butt.
But that being said, what I hate about my body is my skin!!! Err. Don't get me wrong, I love my coloring. I like having creamy caramel colored skin. I'll never have to pay to get a tan! But it's the other things that bother me. The problem with having skin of color is that every little scar is much darker than it would be on a lighter skinned person. So, as a result, I still have dark noticable scars on my back and shoulders from when I had the chicken pox at age 6! So annoying. And don't even get me started on a girl's worst enemy, the stretch mark.
So the rant is this. I have more stretch marks then any girl should be plagued with. And it's not even like I'm extremely overweight, or ever have been. These are all a result of growing extremely fast during puberty. I'm talking about going from 4' 10" and 85 pounds, to 5'4" and 116 pounds in the span of about 3 months. Yeah, apparently my skin didn't like that so much, and as a result, it seems like every place where my limbs expanded fast, there's a little mark to remind me of it.
I mean, I could have bigger problems in life. But it's still annoying, to see all those girls with perfectly smooth skin that you'd pay all the money in the world for. It doesn't seem quite fair. I actually am one of the rare women that likes their figure, but I sometimes don't show it off because I'm self conscious about perhaps my shirt coming up and god forbid someone see a little stretch mark on my hip. Even if I had a model thin figure I wouldn't be comfortable in a bathing suit because of my skin.
That's just a little feminine rant. I don't expect any males out there to understand.
Sunday, March 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sunday, March 26, 2006
Girl Rant
Well, my cold is still lingering, but I am finally starting to feel like a normal person again.
I think it will be safe for me to go to the gym tomorrow. I think I'm finally over my cold enough to be able to physically exert myself without it making me more ill. And, as a courtesy to the other gym patrons, I should not be contagious at this point.
*************
So this is completely random. But, I was just peering at my body in the mirror the other day after a bath. LOL I'm not generally a girl who likes to look at herself in the mirror standing there in a mismatched bra and underwear and footies. But on occasion it's a necessary evil. So I decided that I really do not have much problems with my figure. I mean yeah, sure it'd be nice if my stomach was a little flatter, or my thighs were a little more toned and not so blah, but really, I can't complain too much about my figure. I happen to like having a curvy body, and I would never want to be one of those poor girls who were born without a butt. I take pride in the fact that I can fill out the back of my jeans without looking like I'm concealing a whale in my back pocket. There's something to be said about have a nicely proportioned bubble butt.
But that being said, what I hate about my body is my skin!!! Err. Don't get me wrong, I love my coloring. I like having creamy caramel colored skin. I'll never have to pay to get a tan! But it's the other things that bother me. The problem with having skin of color is that every little scar is much darker than it would be on a lighter skinned person. So, as a result, I still have dark noticable scars on my back and shoulders from when I had the chicken pox at age 6! So annoying. And don't even get me started on a girl's worst enemy, the stretch mark.
So the rant is this. I have more stretch marks then any girl should be plagued with. And it's not even like I'm extremely overweight, or ever have been. These are all a result of growing extremely fast during puberty. I'm talking about going from 4' 10" and 85 pounds, to 5'4" and 116 pounds in the span of about 3 months. Yeah, apparently my skin didn't like that so much, and as a result, it seems like every place where my limbs expanded fast, there's a little mark to remind me of it.
I mean, I could have bigger problems in life. But it's still annoying, to see all those girls with perfectly smooth skin that you'd pay all the money in the world for. It doesn't seem quite fair. I actually am one of the rare women that likes their figure, but I sometimes don't show it off because I'm self conscious about perhaps my shirt coming up and god forbid someone see a little stretch mark on my hip. Even if I had a model thin figure I wouldn't be comfortable in a bathing suit because of my skin.
That's just a little feminine rant. I don't expect any males out there to understand.
I think it will be safe for me to go to the gym tomorrow. I think I'm finally over my cold enough to be able to physically exert myself without it making me more ill. And, as a courtesy to the other gym patrons, I should not be contagious at this point.
*************
So this is completely random. But, I was just peering at my body in the mirror the other day after a bath. LOL I'm not generally a girl who likes to look at herself in the mirror standing there in a mismatched bra and underwear and footies. But on occasion it's a necessary evil. So I decided that I really do not have much problems with my figure. I mean yeah, sure it'd be nice if my stomach was a little flatter, or my thighs were a little more toned and not so blah, but really, I can't complain too much about my figure. I happen to like having a curvy body, and I would never want to be one of those poor girls who were born without a butt. I take pride in the fact that I can fill out the back of my jeans without looking like I'm concealing a whale in my back pocket. There's something to be said about have a nicely proportioned bubble butt.
But that being said, what I hate about my body is my skin!!! Err. Don't get me wrong, I love my coloring. I like having creamy caramel colored skin. I'll never have to pay to get a tan! But it's the other things that bother me. The problem with having skin of color is that every little scar is much darker than it would be on a lighter skinned person. So, as a result, I still have dark noticable scars on my back and shoulders from when I had the chicken pox at age 6! So annoying. And don't even get me started on a girl's worst enemy, the stretch mark.
So the rant is this. I have more stretch marks then any girl should be plagued with. And it's not even like I'm extremely overweight, or ever have been. These are all a result of growing extremely fast during puberty. I'm talking about going from 4' 10" and 85 pounds, to 5'4" and 116 pounds in the span of about 3 months. Yeah, apparently my skin didn't like that so much, and as a result, it seems like every place where my limbs expanded fast, there's a little mark to remind me of it.
I mean, I could have bigger problems in life. But it's still annoying, to see all those girls with perfectly smooth skin that you'd pay all the money in the world for. It doesn't seem quite fair. I actually am one of the rare women that likes their figure, but I sometimes don't show it off because I'm self conscious about perhaps my shirt coming up and god forbid someone see a little stretch mark on my hip. Even if I had a model thin figure I wouldn't be comfortable in a bathing suit because of my skin.
That's just a little feminine rant. I don't expect any males out there to understand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment