Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Note to Self and Other Mental Musings
I subbed today for middle school choir. From 7:45am until 11:10am I had no classes! Craziness. But hey, what the hell, at least I got paid for a full day. The band teacher next door happened to be my old band teacher from middle school (I was not subbing at my old middle school). While she couldn't remember my name right away without reminding, she did remember that I was a trumpet player. So that was funny. Now she wants to request me in future, and the choir teacher promises to request me. She wants me to have a full rehersal with the kids. That sounds a bit scary, I wasn't a music major after all, and my conducting skills are pretty non-existant. And let's not talk about my keyboard skills. But I'm a singer, and as soon as she heard "Blue Lake" she was all about me doing a full rehersal. Besides for that craziness, it was a pretty easy day. Tomorrow I'm subbing a half day for 5th grade at my old elementary school, and Friday I have a full sub job rotating for teachers in meetings, at my other old elementary school. So craziness continues this week. Hey, who knew I'd be so happy to make $100 in a day for glorified baby sitting? I sure as hell need the money. When my bank balance gets below $50, it makes me depressed.
I've been requested by a teacher to sub for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, with the rowdy 1st graders I had yesterday. Am I completely crazy for taking this on again? At this point, it's so rare to get a full day of subbing, so when I get three guaranteed days I feel like I can't turn it down, even when I know I'll be coming home with a headache every day.
I can't believe today is Wednesday. On one hand it seems like this week is flying by, but then again I am so anxious for the end of the week that it seems to be dragging! I'm anxious for Friday because I get paid! Tomorrow if the weather is decent me and Eve are going down to the suburbs of Motown to have dinner with Tiffany.
In other news, such as the world of grad school, I have most of my recommendations in! MIA professor not only finished a rec for me, but he wrote me an incredibly glowing recommendation! The only rec I'm waiting for is from a music professor, but I just gave that to him on Monday, so I expect to wait a few days on that one. But it's just such a stress relief to finally have this stuff wrapped up.
It's so weird to think that very soon the school year will be wrapped up, I'll be done with my year of subbing, and I'll be at camp. And that's when I'll hear from grad schools, and decide my next step in life. Talk about a fear factor!
The rain is moving in, tonight we are supposed to get some much needed rain in the form of thunderstorms. I don't know what it is, but I love a good spring thunderstorm.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Note to Self and Other Mental Musings
I subbed today for middle school choir. From 7:45am until 11:10am I had no classes! Craziness. But hey, what the hell, at least I got paid for a full day. The band teacher next door happened to be my old band teacher from middle school (I was not subbing at my old middle school). While she couldn't remember my name right away without reminding, she did remember that I was a trumpet player. So that was funny. Now she wants to request me in future, and the choir teacher promises to request me. She wants me to have a full rehersal with the kids. That sounds a bit scary, I wasn't a music major after all, and my conducting skills are pretty non-existant. And let's not talk about my keyboard skills. But I'm a singer, and as soon as she heard "Blue Lake" she was all about me doing a full rehersal. Besides for that craziness, it was a pretty easy day. Tomorrow I'm subbing a half day for 5th grade at my old elementary school, and Friday I have a full sub job rotating for teachers in meetings, at my other old elementary school. So craziness continues this week. Hey, who knew I'd be so happy to make $100 in a day for glorified baby sitting? I sure as hell need the money. When my bank balance gets below $50, it makes me depressed.
I've been requested by a teacher to sub for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, with the rowdy 1st graders I had yesterday. Am I completely crazy for taking this on again? At this point, it's so rare to get a full day of subbing, so when I get three guaranteed days I feel like I can't turn it down, even when I know I'll be coming home with a headache every day.
I can't believe today is Wednesday. On one hand it seems like this week is flying by, but then again I am so anxious for the end of the week that it seems to be dragging! I'm anxious for Friday because I get paid! Tomorrow if the weather is decent me and Eve are going down to the suburbs of Motown to have dinner with Tiffany.
In other news, such as the world of grad school, I have most of my recommendations in! MIA professor not only finished a rec for me, but he wrote me an incredibly glowing recommendation! The only rec I'm waiting for is from a music professor, but I just gave that to him on Monday, so I expect to wait a few days on that one. But it's just such a stress relief to finally have this stuff wrapped up.
It's so weird to think that very soon the school year will be wrapped up, I'll be done with my year of subbing, and I'll be at camp. And that's when I'll hear from grad schools, and decide my next step in life. Talk about a fear factor!
The rain is moving in, tonight we are supposed to get some much needed rain in the form of thunderstorms. I don't know what it is, but I love a good spring thunderstorm.
2 comments:
- Robin said...
-
My sister (second grade teacher) has been going to lots of meetings lately. I'm sure there is a lot of end of school year crap they make the teachers do, hence your busy schedule. $$Money$$ is always VERY good though! =P
-
4:30 PM EDT
-
Anonymous said...
-
Excellent, love it! Didrex brand and generic pressure washers Volvo v70 cam belt Google popup blocker free edition http://www.antispam-programme.info/out-of-the-ordinary-wedding-invitations.html mexican riveria december cruise Automobile insurance&apos automobile insurance a Compare dry saunas Adult affiliate click programs kansas city cooking school interracial bones Big ten basketball scores Lipitor nbsp nbsp nbsp sex nbsp drive 3745 deskjet hp printer Drive firewire hard maxtor renault monaquatre dinner cruises in the florida keys Departure baltimore cruises alaska Merchant gateway services nexium cheap
-
6:17 AM EST
2 comments:
My sister (second grade teacher) has been going to lots of meetings lately. I'm sure there is a lot of end of school year crap they make the teachers do, hence your busy schedule. $$Money$$ is always VERY good though! =P
Excellent, love it! Didrex brand and generic pressure washers Volvo v70 cam belt Google popup blocker free edition http://www.antispam-programme.info/out-of-the-ordinary-wedding-invitations.html mexican riveria december cruise Automobile insurance&apos automobile insurance a Compare dry saunas Adult affiliate click programs kansas city cooking school interracial bones Big ten basketball scores Lipitor nbsp nbsp nbsp sex nbsp drive 3745 deskjet hp printer Drive firewire hard maxtor renault monaquatre dinner cruises in the florida keys Departure baltimore cruises alaska Merchant gateway services nexium cheap
Post a Comment