Tuesday, November 7, 2006

I Wasn't Really Going to Blog Today....

But I thought I would.

First off, I think everyone is going to vote to ban affirmative action, and that makes me sad. I know in theory it sounds biased, but really! How often do you really know of a factual instance when a minority got picked for something for simply being a minority? Very rarely. This world is still so unbalanced, and it's just not equal playing ground for women and minorities. But me getting upset over it isn't going to change the vote....

So according to Pink Is The New Blog, Brittney Spears and Kevin Federline are DUNZO. Yup, so yesterday folks. My only surprise in this is that it didn't happen sooner. I'm not big on tabloid like tv shows, or blogs, but Pink is just done so humorously that I can't help but be addicted to it.

I plan to start the Blue Lake session 3 posts soon... just not today!

So in honor of voting, and letting my thoughts be expressed through, eh, what's the word I'm looking for, ah, my American right as a citizen... I'm copying song lyrics of John Mayer's. Okay, gag now, but these lyrics are pretty powerful, if you actually hear what they're saying! So, my friends, think what Belief can do to a world.

Is there anyone who
Ever remembers changing their mind from
The paint on a sign?
Is there anyone who really recalls
Ever breaking rank at all
For something someone yelled real loud one time

Everyone believes
In how they think it ought to be
Everyone believes
And they're not going easily

Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword
Like punching under water
You never can hit who you're trying for

Some need the exhibition
And some have to know they tried
It's the chemical weapon
For the war that's raging on inside

Everyone believes
From emptiness to everything
Everyone believes
And no one's going quietly

We're never gonna win the world
We're never gonna stop the war
We're never gonna beat this
If belief is what we're fighting for

What puts a hundred thousand children in the sand?
Belief can.
Belief can.
What puts the folded flag inside his mother's hand?
Belief can.
Belief can.

No comments:

Tuesday, November 7, 2006

I Wasn't Really Going to Blog Today....

But I thought I would.

First off, I think everyone is going to vote to ban affirmative action, and that makes me sad. I know in theory it sounds biased, but really! How often do you really know of a factual instance when a minority got picked for something for simply being a minority? Very rarely. This world is still so unbalanced, and it's just not equal playing ground for women and minorities. But me getting upset over it isn't going to change the vote....

So according to Pink Is The New Blog, Brittney Spears and Kevin Federline are DUNZO. Yup, so yesterday folks. My only surprise in this is that it didn't happen sooner. I'm not big on tabloid like tv shows, or blogs, but Pink is just done so humorously that I can't help but be addicted to it.

I plan to start the Blue Lake session 3 posts soon... just not today!

So in honor of voting, and letting my thoughts be expressed through, eh, what's the word I'm looking for, ah, my American right as a citizen... I'm copying song lyrics of John Mayer's. Okay, gag now, but these lyrics are pretty powerful, if you actually hear what they're saying! So, my friends, think what Belief can do to a world.

Is there anyone who
Ever remembers changing their mind from
The paint on a sign?
Is there anyone who really recalls
Ever breaking rank at all
For something someone yelled real loud one time

Everyone believes
In how they think it ought to be
Everyone believes
And they're not going easily

Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword
Like punching under water
You never can hit who you're trying for

Some need the exhibition
And some have to know they tried
It's the chemical weapon
For the war that's raging on inside

Everyone believes
From emptiness to everything
Everyone believes
And no one's going quietly

We're never gonna win the world
We're never gonna stop the war
We're never gonna beat this
If belief is what we're fighting for

What puts a hundred thousand children in the sand?
Belief can.
Belief can.
What puts the folded flag inside his mother's hand?
Belief can.
Belief can.

No comments: