Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I got nothing...

Well...I don't really know that I have tons to blog about.

An update to my dilemma. I greatly appreciate everyone's advice. Even if it wasn't the answer I chose, it was good to get other people's perspectives in front of me. It helped me to clear my head and think things through. And after a long bit of thinking things through, I've decided that I'm making no decision right now. I know for a fact that one person has been hired as an associate...over me. Well, now to be fair I can't exactly say over me. I'm pretty sure knowing said person, she actively campaigned for the job, where I didn't. So I don't have any regrets there. And actually knowing that someone else got the job was a great relief of sorts to me...feeling like I no longer have to be worried about it. I do know that I am in a position to take over the job that I interviewed for last summer...and I don't know how I feel about that. Great for the good old resume, but not necessarily what I want. Although I don't know what I want at this point.

The good thing that has come out of this is that for the first time in a few years, I'm actually thinking of other options for my summer. Actually I think that is going to be a philosophy for 2007. Other plans! I have gotten into the very bad habit in the past few years of putting all of my eggs in one basket. To the extreme that of course, if something goes wrong, I'm devastated because it now means I have no options. A good start to this new philosophy is thinking of all the options I have for next summer. I can work at camp, or I can find a few jobs here for the summer. I know for a fact that UofM will need orientation leaders (God knows I have enough experience at doing that!), and counselors for their Camp Summer Fun, a day camp held at the rec center. If money won't be an issue, I can look for an internship, or simply do volunteer work to keep me busy. Or, I could even take my friends up on their offer to go to Europe. I have to say, something about seeing myself in a cute pair of capris waltzing my way around the streets of Paris has some charm to it...

Anyhow, yeah, by giving myself plenty of options (not just for the summer, but grad school, etc) I think in the end will boil down to a lot less stress. Lord knows I could use that right now! Stress has been following me around for the last two years like a dark cloud, and quite frankly, I'm sick of it. If I can just make it alive through Christmas, I think I can pull out something productive for the New Year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this way of thinking! You are a such a great person that I don't think you're ever going to have problems if you allow yourself to expand your choices.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I got nothing...

Well...I don't really know that I have tons to blog about.

An update to my dilemma. I greatly appreciate everyone's advice. Even if it wasn't the answer I chose, it was good to get other people's perspectives in front of me. It helped me to clear my head and think things through. And after a long bit of thinking things through, I've decided that I'm making no decision right now. I know for a fact that one person has been hired as an associate...over me. Well, now to be fair I can't exactly say over me. I'm pretty sure knowing said person, she actively campaigned for the job, where I didn't. So I don't have any regrets there. And actually knowing that someone else got the job was a great relief of sorts to me...feeling like I no longer have to be worried about it. I do know that I am in a position to take over the job that I interviewed for last summer...and I don't know how I feel about that. Great for the good old resume, but not necessarily what I want. Although I don't know what I want at this point.

The good thing that has come out of this is that for the first time in a few years, I'm actually thinking of other options for my summer. Actually I think that is going to be a philosophy for 2007. Other plans! I have gotten into the very bad habit in the past few years of putting all of my eggs in one basket. To the extreme that of course, if something goes wrong, I'm devastated because it now means I have no options. A good start to this new philosophy is thinking of all the options I have for next summer. I can work at camp, or I can find a few jobs here for the summer. I know for a fact that UofM will need orientation leaders (God knows I have enough experience at doing that!), and counselors for their Camp Summer Fun, a day camp held at the rec center. If money won't be an issue, I can look for an internship, or simply do volunteer work to keep me busy. Or, I could even take my friends up on their offer to go to Europe. I have to say, something about seeing myself in a cute pair of capris waltzing my way around the streets of Paris has some charm to it...

Anyhow, yeah, by giving myself plenty of options (not just for the summer, but grad school, etc) I think in the end will boil down to a lot less stress. Lord knows I could use that right now! Stress has been following me around for the last two years like a dark cloud, and quite frankly, I'm sick of it. If I can just make it alive through Christmas, I think I can pull out something productive for the New Year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this way of thinking! You are a such a great person that I don't think you're ever going to have problems if you allow yourself to expand your choices.