Thursday, January 4, 2007

More photo blogging, and more things I'm too tired to think about

Well Happy New Year Everyone! So far I have no complaints for the new year. I spent the first day of the year doing exactly what I wanted to do, pampering myself. I don't have any resolutions, but as I stated before, I am adopting some new philosophies. I'm taking care of myself, in all aspects of life. As long as I'm moving forward this year, I am happy.

******
It's so insanely warm here! Today was 50 degrees. 50 degrees in January in Michigan is crazy. In all fairness, it should be about a high of 15 degrees, with everything frozen outside, with me cursing mother nature for putting me once again in this frozen hell of the midwest. I'm not complaining about the warmth, but I know that even if El Nino is to blame, this is not normal. Global warming?? Whatever it is, it's kinda freaky. I noticed today that some of our tulips are trying to come up. They shouldn't be peeking out of the ground until April (mid to late April at that)...and here it is January and they're trying to come up. You know, I'm not trying to jinx myself, but if Murphy's Law meets me once again, I fully suspect that a full on blizzard will hit in a couple of weeks. Just in time for my big 25th Diva style birthday party.

******
Alright, time for more photos! I really love this whole photo thing. So I want to show you guys the pretty stuff my sis got me for Christmas. The only sad part about this is that it is clearly spring-wear, and even though I am not opposed to breaking out the spring clothes in mid February (I would totally do that if the weather wasn't so horrible and cold!), it does make me extremely wistful for spring. I love love love love spring, it's my favorite season, and I am a firm believer that spring is when the best clothes hits the stores. I guess it's because I'm not much of a black wearer. Why wear black when you can wear orange? As I've gotten older (i.e. not a self conscious teenager) I just love love love wearing lots and lots of bright colors. It makes me feel alive, I guess. So onward to the clothing!

My sis got me this beautiful orange knit top. It's kind of hard to see the exact texture, because darn it, as much as I love my digital camera, I'm already wishing for more mega pixels! Here are some shots of it. I can't wait to break this out with a cute pair of capris!











And here is a shot of the pretty necklaces my sis got me. They're pretty much chokers, but they are so cute and are going to go great with my top, and some other clothes I have.




She also got me a bunch of cute undies, but well, it would just be weird to show you all my underroos.

And here is a really cute scarf I got at Old Navy yesterday! I really wasn't planning on buying anything (I've made myself promise to not go shopping, because my tuition bill is a total b-i-t-c-h!!!) but it was on clearance for $1.97. How could I pass that up? And it will go fantastic with this long cream colored peacoat like coat my mom got me for Christmas a couple of years back.



Of course, I couldn't help but include some pics of my sister Tiffany (looking way more angelic than she is!), Teddy, and Tabby, all taken yesterday. Tiffany was not very happy with this photo, because she has a red dot in the middle of her forehead...it came from her very energetic fox terrier being not too excited about having a bath, and accidentally kicking her in the forehead! LOL You can see the piled up mail (man we got a ton yesterday!) and Teddy and Tabby's toybox and the resulting decapitated toys and cardboard scraps that they like to play with. And the rest of Christmas (well, okay, saying the "rest" makes you think we've actually put some of it away. We definitely have been too lazy to put anything away.)







Aww, so cute.

******

Okay, that is officially the end of the photo blog. But I do have one more thing to blog about. So, regarding my big dilemma... I blogged earlier about knowing that one of the positions I was considering going after was filled in... and also that I have made a decision to not make a decision about camp yet. And I still feel that way, and at the moment I am happy with that decision. But, now I've had some new developments. I got an email today from the big H herself. It pretty much stated that I would have had a good shot at the promotion, only she didn't think I was interested in it or returning to camp next summer. Which I had stated earlier that I was suspecting that the other person got the job because they actively pursued it, when I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Okay, that was fair enough. Then, the interesting part came. I usually wouldn't do this, but I'm going to directly copy and paste from the email I got...so these are her words, not mine.

I realize we've had this discussion several times, but would you be interested in the Assistant Health Director position? You would be soooooooooo (did I emphasize that enough?) perfect for that position, and it would seem that with your pursuits in the medical field, it would be a good resume builder. And, best of all, it would be a lot of fun to have you work in one of the key leadership positions on camp. More moola and free internet are only a couple of the perks we can offer. Did I mention the option to make your own Belgian Waffle at Kresge every morning??? Upgraded housing??? Now how can you possibly resist this amazing offer?

So... I know this should read pretty straightforward...but after interviewing for, not getting, getting irritated, realizing that I was glad I didn't get this job even if it would be fantastic for my resume... am I being offered a job, an actual promotion? Or is this a "if you want to interview for it again, that'd be great" type of offer? I refuse to interview for it again. I know that might sound really snotty of me, but I figure at this point, if my work doesn't speak for itself, an interview isn't going to do it. I'm confused and too tired to think about it tonight.

So, I don't know that I want to do this, and I don't know that I don't want to do it. Basically, I'm giving myself some time to ponder it. Don't worry, I don't need any more advice, although the advice given was much appreciated! She wants me to call her next week about it, so I guess I'll have my mind made up by then, one way or the other.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I love the pictures!

The top, necklace & scarf are adorable!!

Mr. Teddy looks like a total sweetheart. I'd love to "wudgie...wudgie" him! LOL.

And your fireplace? Oh. My. GOD! That is gorgeous! I love old homes just for that reason. Oh and the nutcrackers are really cute too. I'd like to start a collection of those eventually.

:D

Tamara said...

Robin, our house is old, but that fireplace was all my mom! Well, the fireplace has always been there, but it used to be old sandstones around the opening. Then my mom decided she wanted to do it to look really old and English...lol and the rest is history. I came home and she was wacking away at nearly 100 year old stone...and in the end, she did a fantastic job.

Thursday, January 4, 2007

More photo blogging, and more things I'm too tired to think about

Well Happy New Year Everyone! So far I have no complaints for the new year. I spent the first day of the year doing exactly what I wanted to do, pampering myself. I don't have any resolutions, but as I stated before, I am adopting some new philosophies. I'm taking care of myself, in all aspects of life. As long as I'm moving forward this year, I am happy.

******
It's so insanely warm here! Today was 50 degrees. 50 degrees in January in Michigan is crazy. In all fairness, it should be about a high of 15 degrees, with everything frozen outside, with me cursing mother nature for putting me once again in this frozen hell of the midwest. I'm not complaining about the warmth, but I know that even if El Nino is to blame, this is not normal. Global warming?? Whatever it is, it's kinda freaky. I noticed today that some of our tulips are trying to come up. They shouldn't be peeking out of the ground until April (mid to late April at that)...and here it is January and they're trying to come up. You know, I'm not trying to jinx myself, but if Murphy's Law meets me once again, I fully suspect that a full on blizzard will hit in a couple of weeks. Just in time for my big 25th Diva style birthday party.

******
Alright, time for more photos! I really love this whole photo thing. So I want to show you guys the pretty stuff my sis got me for Christmas. The only sad part about this is that it is clearly spring-wear, and even though I am not opposed to breaking out the spring clothes in mid February (I would totally do that if the weather wasn't so horrible and cold!), it does make me extremely wistful for spring. I love love love love spring, it's my favorite season, and I am a firm believer that spring is when the best clothes hits the stores. I guess it's because I'm not much of a black wearer. Why wear black when you can wear orange? As I've gotten older (i.e. not a self conscious teenager) I just love love love wearing lots and lots of bright colors. It makes me feel alive, I guess. So onward to the clothing!

My sis got me this beautiful orange knit top. It's kind of hard to see the exact texture, because darn it, as much as I love my digital camera, I'm already wishing for more mega pixels! Here are some shots of it. I can't wait to break this out with a cute pair of capris!











And here is a shot of the pretty necklaces my sis got me. They're pretty much chokers, but they are so cute and are going to go great with my top, and some other clothes I have.




She also got me a bunch of cute undies, but well, it would just be weird to show you all my underroos.

And here is a really cute scarf I got at Old Navy yesterday! I really wasn't planning on buying anything (I've made myself promise to not go shopping, because my tuition bill is a total b-i-t-c-h!!!) but it was on clearance for $1.97. How could I pass that up? And it will go fantastic with this long cream colored peacoat like coat my mom got me for Christmas a couple of years back.



Of course, I couldn't help but include some pics of my sister Tiffany (looking way more angelic than she is!), Teddy, and Tabby, all taken yesterday. Tiffany was not very happy with this photo, because she has a red dot in the middle of her forehead...it came from her very energetic fox terrier being not too excited about having a bath, and accidentally kicking her in the forehead! LOL You can see the piled up mail (man we got a ton yesterday!) and Teddy and Tabby's toybox and the resulting decapitated toys and cardboard scraps that they like to play with. And the rest of Christmas (well, okay, saying the "rest" makes you think we've actually put some of it away. We definitely have been too lazy to put anything away.)







Aww, so cute.

******

Okay, that is officially the end of the photo blog. But I do have one more thing to blog about. So, regarding my big dilemma... I blogged earlier about knowing that one of the positions I was considering going after was filled in... and also that I have made a decision to not make a decision about camp yet. And I still feel that way, and at the moment I am happy with that decision. But, now I've had some new developments. I got an email today from the big H herself. It pretty much stated that I would have had a good shot at the promotion, only she didn't think I was interested in it or returning to camp next summer. Which I had stated earlier that I was suspecting that the other person got the job because they actively pursued it, when I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Okay, that was fair enough. Then, the interesting part came. I usually wouldn't do this, but I'm going to directly copy and paste from the email I got...so these are her words, not mine.

I realize we've had this discussion several times, but would you be interested in the Assistant Health Director position? You would be soooooooooo (did I emphasize that enough?) perfect for that position, and it would seem that with your pursuits in the medical field, it would be a good resume builder. And, best of all, it would be a lot of fun to have you work in one of the key leadership positions on camp. More moola and free internet are only a couple of the perks we can offer. Did I mention the option to make your own Belgian Waffle at Kresge every morning??? Upgraded housing??? Now how can you possibly resist this amazing offer?

So... I know this should read pretty straightforward...but after interviewing for, not getting, getting irritated, realizing that I was glad I didn't get this job even if it would be fantastic for my resume... am I being offered a job, an actual promotion? Or is this a "if you want to interview for it again, that'd be great" type of offer? I refuse to interview for it again. I know that might sound really snotty of me, but I figure at this point, if my work doesn't speak for itself, an interview isn't going to do it. I'm confused and too tired to think about it tonight.

So, I don't know that I want to do this, and I don't know that I don't want to do it. Basically, I'm giving myself some time to ponder it. Don't worry, I don't need any more advice, although the advice given was much appreciated! She wants me to call her next week about it, so I guess I'll have my mind made up by then, one way or the other.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I love the pictures!

The top, necklace & scarf are adorable!!

Mr. Teddy looks like a total sweetheart. I'd love to "wudgie...wudgie" him! LOL.

And your fireplace? Oh. My. GOD! That is gorgeous! I love old homes just for that reason. Oh and the nutcrackers are really cute too. I'd like to start a collection of those eventually.

:D

Tamara said...

Robin, our house is old, but that fireplace was all my mom! Well, the fireplace has always been there, but it used to be old sandstones around the opening. Then my mom decided she wanted to do it to look really old and English...lol and the rest is history. I came home and she was wacking away at nearly 100 year old stone...and in the end, she did a fantastic job.