Sunday, January 7, 2007

Butter Stains and Sand

Yesterday was a super lazy day. I haven't had a day that lazy in quite a while. I basically did a whole lot of nothing...except for the essentials. You know, showering, eating, watching tv. :) I didn't make it out of my pajamas, that's for sure. We all need those days though, so I don't regret it. I mean, it's not like I had some lingering project or something due.

I start school tomorrow. I'm taking a senior lecture in Biochemistry. Oh joy! I'm not sure what to expect. It's been a year and a half since I've been a student, so I hope I get back into the swing of things easily. I'm hoping to get an A, and I am hoping that I keep my motivation up to get a good grade. If you all who read this see me post something about being lazy and not studying, please, lecture me, yell at me. It will be exactly what I need! My only fear is that I have always struggled with chemistry. It's my personal "geometry." I want to take class because, even though I don't need to take it before heading to grad school, I know that I will have to take it in grad school if I don't take it now. And if I have to take it again, well, at least I have the knowledge of it from this time around to actually be able to pass it. The last thing I want to do is to carry a ton of credits and spend my time struggling and stressing over biochem.

It's going to be so weird tomorrow, to be stepping back onto the UMF campus as a student, versus just running up there to go to the rec center for a little gym time. I'll be fighting for a parking space all over again, plopping down in the U-Cen for a coke (I'm going to be staying away from Halo Burger and the big screen TVs that play MTV all day long!), and stalking out a professor on his office hours. That reminds me, I should probably wash my backpack today. LOL The last time I used it was at camp, and I think it still has butter stains and sand in it. (Don't ask about the butter...it's a long story about sneaking country crock out of Merek for a campfire corn on the cob roast). When I did at least dig through my backpack back in October, lol I found a cookie from the camp store (man what a waste of a good double chocolate cookie!), a Milky Way my friend Dee had given me, various pens and pencils, pink attendance cards for my campers, and about $20 in ones and loose change.

Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day in general. I've got work from 8:00am until 3:00pm. Then I have class from 4:00 to 5:15. Finally I'll round the day up with choir rehearsal, from 7:00 to 9:30pm. And my dad is leaving for his business trip tonight, so my mom and I will be home just the two of us and the doggies for the week. (I'm not sure what day my dad is coming back, either Friday night or Sunday night? I should probably try to remember that.) My mom spent last night packing my dad's suitcases, reminding me that my dad would be lost without my mom to do simple things like that for him. I'm not exactly looking forward to being with my mom all week long without the buffer of my father around...but between work, and school, hopefully it won't be too bad.

I'm scheduled to talk to the my boss from camp on Wednesday. I want to have my mind made up before then, because I don't want to be talked into anything. I've been trying to think about it all logically, but I haven't quite found the time to do that. I either have these moments when I think it will be the greatest job and the greatest thing for my resume...or I have these moments where I think I'd be crazy to even contemplate doing it. I'm going to try to take the time today to really iron out the pros and cons. I won't have the time or mental energy to do it tomorrow, and I don't want to leave it until Tuesday...the day before I'm to get on the phone and discuss it. I'm not complaining, I mean, there definitely could be worse problems to have than pondering whether or not you want to work at a job you've enjoyed, and take a promotion on top of it.

I do have bigger problems. Like what to wear tomorrow? Should I just pick an outfit that will take me through work with high schoolers, first day of class, and choir practice? Or should I just pick a work outfit, come home and change into jeans for school, and remember to grab a sweater in case I get cold at rehearsal? Oh the decisions. And of course there is the whole first day of school "I'm really cute but I just happen to be cute, I didn't really try to look this cute" type of look you want to portray for first impressions. (Am I the only obnoxious girl who thinks this way? I can't be....)

One thing is for sure. Tomorrow will be interesting.

My next blog should be "How the freaking heck do you get music from Limewire to iTunes to your iPod??!???

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Just think of it this way you'll be able to concentrate just on one class and not worry about a million and one other things for other classes. Good Luck!

Pants said...

Yay!!! Good luck with biochem! It's...fun! Really! Not at all the kind of thing that makes you want to rip your eyes from your head!

Although, given the choice between spending beaucoup alone time with my mother or studying biochem... I really don't know what I'd choose... ;)

Sunday, January 7, 2007

Butter Stains and Sand

Yesterday was a super lazy day. I haven't had a day that lazy in quite a while. I basically did a whole lot of nothing...except for the essentials. You know, showering, eating, watching tv. :) I didn't make it out of my pajamas, that's for sure. We all need those days though, so I don't regret it. I mean, it's not like I had some lingering project or something due.

I start school tomorrow. I'm taking a senior lecture in Biochemistry. Oh joy! I'm not sure what to expect. It's been a year and a half since I've been a student, so I hope I get back into the swing of things easily. I'm hoping to get an A, and I am hoping that I keep my motivation up to get a good grade. If you all who read this see me post something about being lazy and not studying, please, lecture me, yell at me. It will be exactly what I need! My only fear is that I have always struggled with chemistry. It's my personal "geometry." I want to take class because, even though I don't need to take it before heading to grad school, I know that I will have to take it in grad school if I don't take it now. And if I have to take it again, well, at least I have the knowledge of it from this time around to actually be able to pass it. The last thing I want to do is to carry a ton of credits and spend my time struggling and stressing over biochem.

It's going to be so weird tomorrow, to be stepping back onto the UMF campus as a student, versus just running up there to go to the rec center for a little gym time. I'll be fighting for a parking space all over again, plopping down in the U-Cen for a coke (I'm going to be staying away from Halo Burger and the big screen TVs that play MTV all day long!), and stalking out a professor on his office hours. That reminds me, I should probably wash my backpack today. LOL The last time I used it was at camp, and I think it still has butter stains and sand in it. (Don't ask about the butter...it's a long story about sneaking country crock out of Merek for a campfire corn on the cob roast). When I did at least dig through my backpack back in October, lol I found a cookie from the camp store (man what a waste of a good double chocolate cookie!), a Milky Way my friend Dee had given me, various pens and pencils, pink attendance cards for my campers, and about $20 in ones and loose change.

Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day in general. I've got work from 8:00am until 3:00pm. Then I have class from 4:00 to 5:15. Finally I'll round the day up with choir rehearsal, from 7:00 to 9:30pm. And my dad is leaving for his business trip tonight, so my mom and I will be home just the two of us and the doggies for the week. (I'm not sure what day my dad is coming back, either Friday night or Sunday night? I should probably try to remember that.) My mom spent last night packing my dad's suitcases, reminding me that my dad would be lost without my mom to do simple things like that for him. I'm not exactly looking forward to being with my mom all week long without the buffer of my father around...but between work, and school, hopefully it won't be too bad.

I'm scheduled to talk to the my boss from camp on Wednesday. I want to have my mind made up before then, because I don't want to be talked into anything. I've been trying to think about it all logically, but I haven't quite found the time to do that. I either have these moments when I think it will be the greatest job and the greatest thing for my resume...or I have these moments where I think I'd be crazy to even contemplate doing it. I'm going to try to take the time today to really iron out the pros and cons. I won't have the time or mental energy to do it tomorrow, and I don't want to leave it until Tuesday...the day before I'm to get on the phone and discuss it. I'm not complaining, I mean, there definitely could be worse problems to have than pondering whether or not you want to work at a job you've enjoyed, and take a promotion on top of it.

I do have bigger problems. Like what to wear tomorrow? Should I just pick an outfit that will take me through work with high schoolers, first day of class, and choir practice? Or should I just pick a work outfit, come home and change into jeans for school, and remember to grab a sweater in case I get cold at rehearsal? Oh the decisions. And of course there is the whole first day of school "I'm really cute but I just happen to be cute, I didn't really try to look this cute" type of look you want to portray for first impressions. (Am I the only obnoxious girl who thinks this way? I can't be....)

One thing is for sure. Tomorrow will be interesting.

My next blog should be "How the freaking heck do you get music from Limewire to iTunes to your iPod??!???

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Just think of it this way you'll be able to concentrate just on one class and not worry about a million and one other things for other classes. Good Luck!

Pants said...

Yay!!! Good luck with biochem! It's...fun! Really! Not at all the kind of thing that makes you want to rip your eyes from your head!

Although, given the choice between spending beaucoup alone time with my mother or studying biochem... I really don't know what I'd choose... ;)