Okay, it's freaking freezing cold outside. And I hate to be another person who keeps complaining about the cold...but yeah. It's freaking freezing cold outside. And quite frankly, I'm tired and getting a tad bit stressed out and the cold is just making it all that much more miserable.
First off, I hate working in groups with people. Call me a leader, call me independent, call me a control freak if you must. But I hate working in groups with people. You know why I hate working in groups? Because it forces someone to become the leader, and someone to be the assistant leader, and then you have two people (in this case I'm in a group of four) to become follower and assistant follower. A group project would be one thing, but a group exam? I swear my biochem prof, as much as I love him as a lecturer, is off his rocker. So this is how our take home group exam is going. Me and another girl in the group, we're the ones who have put the most work into our answers. We're the only two that will speak up and give our answers, our thoughts, and our opinions. There is the guy of the group, he seems to want to be a part of the work, but since his English is extremely labored, it makes full communication difficult. And then there is the third girl, the girl who you would think is very smart, she seems fully capable of doing the work, but she has done nothing but tell us what she can't understand, what she hasn't been able to accomplish, and...yeah that's about it. I don't mind if someone in the group says they can't understand something, but please be an active member of the group. You can't tell me that after all the questions asked on the exam (which, by the way, 90% of them are essay questions that the professor wants you to think through) you don't have one constructive thought to add to the process.
Here I was worried that I would be the weak link of the group, and here I am one of the strongest members. Ha! Go figure. Maybe I'm one of the strongest because I have actually been thinking about working with other people, and the responsibility that puts on me to actually have an understanding of the material. Or maybe I'm just a control freak who speaks their mind...even if I think I have the wrong answer, it's better to put the idea out there and let people mull it over, right? ERRRRRR! I hate group projects!
******
Speaking of Biochem, there is this annoying girl who sits behind me who is always butting in with her opinions. Yes, lol there I was complaining about people who don't chime in, and now I'm complaining about people who chime in too much. But there is a time where too many questions and opinions are not helpful and simply just annoying. This girl is the reason why there is a Facebook group entitled (excuse the French, but it's not my title!) "Keep your fucking hand down in lecture, and shut up, no one cares." Seriously! Every time she opens her mouth, I think "shut up!!" Well anyhow, besides to say how annoying she is... yesterday in class she shot me the dirtiest of looks because, ooh, I actually ventured to answer a question the professor asked that no one in the class could answer (that she had tried to answer and got WRONG), and ooh, guess what? I got it right, and got praised for using my brain. Yeah, sit down and shut up, no one cares that I got the right answer but me, and no one cares about every single thought that runs through your head.
******
And finally to end the school rants, yesterday while I was in class, (on the first floor of good Old Murchie Science Building East Wing) the Biology department directly above us on the second floor flooded. Apparently a pipe in the greenhouse burst, (even though the Bio department is on the second floor, the building is on a hill so actually the Bio department is on ground level) and the entire 2nd floor of the east wing flooded. Then the water started coming down the stairs and attempted to flood the 1st floor of both wings. Then this wanky alarm (for lack of a better way to describe it) came on saying "Emergency, Emergency! All occupants of this building must evacuate immediately. Emergency! Emergency!" Which made my professor swear a few choice words, as he was just starting up his lecture on keratin. We got out of class 15 minutes early. Which doesn't seem like that awesome of a deal, but considering I had a 3 hour choir rehearsal looming in front of me, 15 more minutes of free time was a good deal.
******
So yeah. I'm working on an exam due Wednesday, going to be in choir rehearsal for six more hours this week in total before performing on Friday...can't get any work because all the schools are closed (ha like I have time to work! Who am I kidding?), must get a start on going to businesses to pass out the brochures for the MS Walks and Bike Tours that I volunteered to do... and now I have to find time to go visit my grandpa in the hospital. They think he's had a third heart attack. Eh. I don't even know how to feel about that. At this point I feel like it's a marvel to modern medicine that he's actually alive anyhow. And my family is fighting over it...good times, good times. Eh. Oh yes, and my boss Jenn is making me do a correspondence class at home to learn the written material on becoming a first responder...and I have to find time in the next few weeks to take a re-certification class in CPR-PR. Ah! Seriously, if I have to "pencil in" one more thing in to my calendar, I'm going to scream. And as much as I love choir, and rehearsing with with the orchestra, these three hour at a time rehearsals are for the birds.
And as we all know, the birds flew south a long time ago.
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
It's Freaking Freezing!
Okay, it's freaking freezing cold outside. And I hate to be another person who keeps complaining about the cold...but yeah. It's freaking freezing cold outside. And quite frankly, I'm tired and getting a tad bit stressed out and the cold is just making it all that much more miserable.
First off, I hate working in groups with people. Call me a leader, call me independent, call me a control freak if you must. But I hate working in groups with people. You know why I hate working in groups? Because it forces someone to become the leader, and someone to be the assistant leader, and then you have two people (in this case I'm in a group of four) to become follower and assistant follower. A group project would be one thing, but a group exam? I swear my biochem prof, as much as I love him as a lecturer, is off his rocker. So this is how our take home group exam is going. Me and another girl in the group, we're the ones who have put the most work into our answers. We're the only two that will speak up and give our answers, our thoughts, and our opinions. There is the guy of the group, he seems to want to be a part of the work, but since his English is extremely labored, it makes full communication difficult. And then there is the third girl, the girl who you would think is very smart, she seems fully capable of doing the work, but she has done nothing but tell us what she can't understand, what she hasn't been able to accomplish, and...yeah that's about it. I don't mind if someone in the group says they can't understand something, but please be an active member of the group. You can't tell me that after all the questions asked on the exam (which, by the way, 90% of them are essay questions that the professor wants you to think through) you don't have one constructive thought to add to the process.
Here I was worried that I would be the weak link of the group, and here I am one of the strongest members. Ha! Go figure. Maybe I'm one of the strongest because I have actually been thinking about working with other people, and the responsibility that puts on me to actually have an understanding of the material. Or maybe I'm just a control freak who speaks their mind...even if I think I have the wrong answer, it's better to put the idea out there and let people mull it over, right? ERRRRRR! I hate group projects!
******
Speaking of Biochem, there is this annoying girl who sits behind me who is always butting in with her opinions. Yes, lol there I was complaining about people who don't chime in, and now I'm complaining about people who chime in too much. But there is a time where too many questions and opinions are not helpful and simply just annoying. This girl is the reason why there is a Facebook group entitled (excuse the French, but it's not my title!) "Keep your fucking hand down in lecture, and shut up, no one cares." Seriously! Every time she opens her mouth, I think "shut up!!" Well anyhow, besides to say how annoying she is... yesterday in class she shot me the dirtiest of looks because, ooh, I actually ventured to answer a question the professor asked that no one in the class could answer (that she had tried to answer and got WRONG), and ooh, guess what? I got it right, and got praised for using my brain. Yeah, sit down and shut up, no one cares that I got the right answer but me, and no one cares about every single thought that runs through your head.
******
And finally to end the school rants, yesterday while I was in class, (on the first floor of good Old Murchie Science Building East Wing) the Biology department directly above us on the second floor flooded. Apparently a pipe in the greenhouse burst, (even though the Bio department is on the second floor, the building is on a hill so actually the Bio department is on ground level) and the entire 2nd floor of the east wing flooded. Then the water started coming down the stairs and attempted to flood the 1st floor of both wings. Then this wanky alarm (for lack of a better way to describe it) came on saying "Emergency, Emergency! All occupants of this building must evacuate immediately. Emergency! Emergency!" Which made my professor swear a few choice words, as he was just starting up his lecture on keratin. We got out of class 15 minutes early. Which doesn't seem like that awesome of a deal, but considering I had a 3 hour choir rehearsal looming in front of me, 15 more minutes of free time was a good deal.
******
So yeah. I'm working on an exam due Wednesday, going to be in choir rehearsal for six more hours this week in total before performing on Friday...can't get any work because all the schools are closed (ha like I have time to work! Who am I kidding?), must get a start on going to businesses to pass out the brochures for the MS Walks and Bike Tours that I volunteered to do... and now I have to find time to go visit my grandpa in the hospital. They think he's had a third heart attack. Eh. I don't even know how to feel about that. At this point I feel like it's a marvel to modern medicine that he's actually alive anyhow. And my family is fighting over it...good times, good times. Eh. Oh yes, and my boss Jenn is making me do a correspondence class at home to learn the written material on becoming a first responder...and I have to find time in the next few weeks to take a re-certification class in CPR-PR. Ah! Seriously, if I have to "pencil in" one more thing in to my calendar, I'm going to scream. And as much as I love choir, and rehearsing with with the orchestra, these three hour at a time rehearsals are for the birds.
And as we all know, the birds flew south a long time ago.
First off, I hate working in groups with people. Call me a leader, call me independent, call me a control freak if you must. But I hate working in groups with people. You know why I hate working in groups? Because it forces someone to become the leader, and someone to be the assistant leader, and then you have two people (in this case I'm in a group of four) to become follower and assistant follower. A group project would be one thing, but a group exam? I swear my biochem prof, as much as I love him as a lecturer, is off his rocker. So this is how our take home group exam is going. Me and another girl in the group, we're the ones who have put the most work into our answers. We're the only two that will speak up and give our answers, our thoughts, and our opinions. There is the guy of the group, he seems to want to be a part of the work, but since his English is extremely labored, it makes full communication difficult. And then there is the third girl, the girl who you would think is very smart, she seems fully capable of doing the work, but she has done nothing but tell us what she can't understand, what she hasn't been able to accomplish, and...yeah that's about it. I don't mind if someone in the group says they can't understand something, but please be an active member of the group. You can't tell me that after all the questions asked on the exam (which, by the way, 90% of them are essay questions that the professor wants you to think through) you don't have one constructive thought to add to the process.
Here I was worried that I would be the weak link of the group, and here I am one of the strongest members. Ha! Go figure. Maybe I'm one of the strongest because I have actually been thinking about working with other people, and the responsibility that puts on me to actually have an understanding of the material. Or maybe I'm just a control freak who speaks their mind...even if I think I have the wrong answer, it's better to put the idea out there and let people mull it over, right? ERRRRRR! I hate group projects!
******
Speaking of Biochem, there is this annoying girl who sits behind me who is always butting in with her opinions. Yes, lol there I was complaining about people who don't chime in, and now I'm complaining about people who chime in too much. But there is a time where too many questions and opinions are not helpful and simply just annoying. This girl is the reason why there is a Facebook group entitled (excuse the French, but it's not my title!) "Keep your fucking hand down in lecture, and shut up, no one cares." Seriously! Every time she opens her mouth, I think "shut up!!" Well anyhow, besides to say how annoying she is... yesterday in class she shot me the dirtiest of looks because, ooh, I actually ventured to answer a question the professor asked that no one in the class could answer (that she had tried to answer and got WRONG), and ooh, guess what? I got it right, and got praised for using my brain. Yeah, sit down and shut up, no one cares that I got the right answer but me, and no one cares about every single thought that runs through your head.
******
And finally to end the school rants, yesterday while I was in class, (on the first floor of good Old Murchie Science Building East Wing) the Biology department directly above us on the second floor flooded. Apparently a pipe in the greenhouse burst, (even though the Bio department is on the second floor, the building is on a hill so actually the Bio department is on ground level) and the entire 2nd floor of the east wing flooded. Then the water started coming down the stairs and attempted to flood the 1st floor of both wings. Then this wanky alarm (for lack of a better way to describe it) came on saying "Emergency, Emergency! All occupants of this building must evacuate immediately. Emergency! Emergency!" Which made my professor swear a few choice words, as he was just starting up his lecture on keratin. We got out of class 15 minutes early. Which doesn't seem like that awesome of a deal, but considering I had a 3 hour choir rehearsal looming in front of me, 15 more minutes of free time was a good deal.
******
So yeah. I'm working on an exam due Wednesday, going to be in choir rehearsal for six more hours this week in total before performing on Friday...can't get any work because all the schools are closed (ha like I have time to work! Who am I kidding?), must get a start on going to businesses to pass out the brochures for the MS Walks and Bike Tours that I volunteered to do... and now I have to find time to go visit my grandpa in the hospital. They think he's had a third heart attack. Eh. I don't even know how to feel about that. At this point I feel like it's a marvel to modern medicine that he's actually alive anyhow. And my family is fighting over it...good times, good times. Eh. Oh yes, and my boss Jenn is making me do a correspondence class at home to learn the written material on becoming a first responder...and I have to find time in the next few weeks to take a re-certification class in CPR-PR. Ah! Seriously, if I have to "pencil in" one more thing in to my calendar, I'm going to scream. And as much as I love choir, and rehearsing with with the orchestra, these three hour at a time rehearsals are for the birds.
And as we all know, the birds flew south a long time ago.
2 comments:
- Deanna said...
-
I don't bother complaining about the temperature when it's cold because when it's so cold here chances are most of the northern states are just as cold if not colder than here. I don't want to hear it's so cold here in NJ one more time along with the temperature. I feel like saying yeah at least you made it to double digits or into the twenties. We get it, it's cold it's not exclusive to one state. ;)
-
12:05 PM EST
-
Anonymous said...
-
Ahhh, your rants sounds like rants that I have had in the past. Good times.
-
5:22 PM EST
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't bother complaining about the temperature when it's cold because when it's so cold here chances are most of the northern states are just as cold if not colder than here. I don't want to hear it's so cold here in NJ one more time along with the temperature. I feel like saying yeah at least you made it to double digits or into the twenties. We get it, it's cold it's not exclusive to one state. ;)
Ahhh, your rants sounds like rants that I have had in the past. Good times.
Post a Comment