Wednesday, March 21, 2007

So it's finally spring...

For the past week I've had so much on my mind, but nothing to say! I've been wanting to write in my blog, but the words were not there. I figured that it would be better to skip out on blogging versus forcing it.

Ah. Where to start? Well, let's get cute boy out of the way. I don't want to get too deep on this subject, because I personally don't understand it all. Okay, so he calls and we talk and he texts and we talk and he leaves me messages on Facebook. Sounds good, right? I had been waiting and waiting and waiting for him to finally get the clue, hint, nerve, to ask me out. Well he had hinted that we could go out this week, which I thought would be cool... but then I realized that the day he was referring to wasn't going to work. So when I honestly explained why I couldn't do that day... he seemed to shy away. I wish that were it, but it isn't all! One thing he brought up on Monday when we talked were about his religious views. I understand that he is very religious, and I usually greatly respect people who hold on to their beliefs. In his case however, I'm starting to feel like it's a little more than deeply religious and a little bordering on those weird religious people. He said he didn't believe in sex before marriage. Okay, that's not the weirdest thing I've ever heard. I mean it's kind of weird that a red blooded 26 year old guy feels that way... but hey, to each their own. I mean, okay, I admit, maybe I'm a bit shallow in thinking that that whole theory is a little drastic... but I mean I hardly was intending to get that serious with the guy to begin with.

Then he started talking about how his pastor preaches that birth control is wrong, and that his pastor and wife currently have 10 children, and are expecting their 11th. Now he never came out and said that was what he believed... but you can see where I'm going with this. I felt like he was running his views by me to see what I would have to say. What could I say? I said something about I'm sure her uterus was enjoying the workout! LOL I can be a snarky bitch when I want to be... but geez. What the hell being a Christian has to do with not using birth control is beyond me. I consider myself a Christian and you better believe I regard birth control as one of the most marvelous medical miracles the world has yet to see.

Okay, so he's shy apparently? I don't know but I don't think it is good sign that he is already getting on my nerves. I'm already kind of shy and quiet, I'm not really looking for that in someone to date. I like the opposite... someone more outgoing and energetic and sociable.

******

I'm leaving that topic where it is. To be continued, I suppose.

******

I'm really glad to see the sudden Facebook movement :) Glad to see friends suddenly join! I personally love Facebook, and I use it more than Myspace now.

******

My head is swimming with all the things I need to accomplish between now and April! I did submit my second grad school application yesterday, which is a plus. That reminds me, I need to put in a request for my transcripts to be sent. More Biochem studying, more Emergency Response studying... I have too much to do! Plus I'm still playing phone tag with this woman at one of the local hospitals about doing shadowing. I'm trying to stay on top of this and not give in to my old habits of self-sabotage. I have a tendency to bail out when the going gets rough. I can't let myself do this!

Oh yes, and re-learning the German for the Beethoven... and then of course Jenn remembered last night that she was supposed to send me the health protocols a while ago... those are being UPSed to me and that will be something else to add to my list. Oh add in that my cousin, Brian is driving me nuts, and I'm having a grand old time. Brian is in wayyyy over his head with the Festival Chorus. I tried to tell him before that the Beethoven was difficult for very seasoned performers, and that he should just go in to it for the learning experience of it all. He should try to do the best he could, but he'd need to realize it was going to be hard work. That went in one ear and out the other! He complains to me constantly about how hard it is, about "Why can't we just do it in English? German is stupid," and he complains about how there is no one his age in the choir. The kid is driving me nuts. He came up with some lame excuse on Monday about why he couldn't go to rehearsal, and all I know is he'd better not do it next week. I went out on a limb to get him that audition, and it's really going to piss me off if that's how he repays my kindness.

******

Anyhow, that's what's been on my mind lately. The one good point is that it's finally spring!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Yes German is hard but no one is asking him to study it! Good lord I'd smacked him for that one. Then again I devouted 8 years of study to it so I'm entitled to whine about how hard it is. And it is. Hang in there.

Kirby said...

I grew up in a Baptist church, and they were very extreme like that. They didn't think it was right to kiss before marriage, let alone have sex! I'm glad I was able to get the hell out of there when I was 16. My mom still has all of those beliefs though. I think it is all crap, for the most part.

I didn't ever actually hear the pastor talk about birth control, but I am pretty sure they didn't believe in it. All of the families had like 8 kids, one right after the other. Most of the families were poor. The women didn't work and the men didn't have good jobs. I remember going to one family's house. They had like 7 kids all living in a tiny 2 or 3 bedroom trailer house. It was insane. I felt bad for those kids.

I think that if you can't afford more kids, it is your responsibility to quit having them!

I kind of went on a tangent there, but I think that overly religious people worry too much about things that don't matter that much. Personally, I could never be with an extreme Christian, after being raised by one. I think I am a little rebellious!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

So it's finally spring...

For the past week I've had so much on my mind, but nothing to say! I've been wanting to write in my blog, but the words were not there. I figured that it would be better to skip out on blogging versus forcing it.

Ah. Where to start? Well, let's get cute boy out of the way. I don't want to get too deep on this subject, because I personally don't understand it all. Okay, so he calls and we talk and he texts and we talk and he leaves me messages on Facebook. Sounds good, right? I had been waiting and waiting and waiting for him to finally get the clue, hint, nerve, to ask me out. Well he had hinted that we could go out this week, which I thought would be cool... but then I realized that the day he was referring to wasn't going to work. So when I honestly explained why I couldn't do that day... he seemed to shy away. I wish that were it, but it isn't all! One thing he brought up on Monday when we talked were about his religious views. I understand that he is very religious, and I usually greatly respect people who hold on to their beliefs. In his case however, I'm starting to feel like it's a little more than deeply religious and a little bordering on those weird religious people. He said he didn't believe in sex before marriage. Okay, that's not the weirdest thing I've ever heard. I mean it's kind of weird that a red blooded 26 year old guy feels that way... but hey, to each their own. I mean, okay, I admit, maybe I'm a bit shallow in thinking that that whole theory is a little drastic... but I mean I hardly was intending to get that serious with the guy to begin with.

Then he started talking about how his pastor preaches that birth control is wrong, and that his pastor and wife currently have 10 children, and are expecting their 11th. Now he never came out and said that was what he believed... but you can see where I'm going with this. I felt like he was running his views by me to see what I would have to say. What could I say? I said something about I'm sure her uterus was enjoying the workout! LOL I can be a snarky bitch when I want to be... but geez. What the hell being a Christian has to do with not using birth control is beyond me. I consider myself a Christian and you better believe I regard birth control as one of the most marvelous medical miracles the world has yet to see.

Okay, so he's shy apparently? I don't know but I don't think it is good sign that he is already getting on my nerves. I'm already kind of shy and quiet, I'm not really looking for that in someone to date. I like the opposite... someone more outgoing and energetic and sociable.

******

I'm leaving that topic where it is. To be continued, I suppose.

******

I'm really glad to see the sudden Facebook movement :) Glad to see friends suddenly join! I personally love Facebook, and I use it more than Myspace now.

******

My head is swimming with all the things I need to accomplish between now and April! I did submit my second grad school application yesterday, which is a plus. That reminds me, I need to put in a request for my transcripts to be sent. More Biochem studying, more Emergency Response studying... I have too much to do! Plus I'm still playing phone tag with this woman at one of the local hospitals about doing shadowing. I'm trying to stay on top of this and not give in to my old habits of self-sabotage. I have a tendency to bail out when the going gets rough. I can't let myself do this!

Oh yes, and re-learning the German for the Beethoven... and then of course Jenn remembered last night that she was supposed to send me the health protocols a while ago... those are being UPSed to me and that will be something else to add to my list. Oh add in that my cousin, Brian is driving me nuts, and I'm having a grand old time. Brian is in wayyyy over his head with the Festival Chorus. I tried to tell him before that the Beethoven was difficult for very seasoned performers, and that he should just go in to it for the learning experience of it all. He should try to do the best he could, but he'd need to realize it was going to be hard work. That went in one ear and out the other! He complains to me constantly about how hard it is, about "Why can't we just do it in English? German is stupid," and he complains about how there is no one his age in the choir. The kid is driving me nuts. He came up with some lame excuse on Monday about why he couldn't go to rehearsal, and all I know is he'd better not do it next week. I went out on a limb to get him that audition, and it's really going to piss me off if that's how he repays my kindness.

******

Anyhow, that's what's been on my mind lately. The one good point is that it's finally spring!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Yes German is hard but no one is asking him to study it! Good lord I'd smacked him for that one. Then again I devouted 8 years of study to it so I'm entitled to whine about how hard it is. And it is. Hang in there.

Kirby said...

I grew up in a Baptist church, and they were very extreme like that. They didn't think it was right to kiss before marriage, let alone have sex! I'm glad I was able to get the hell out of there when I was 16. My mom still has all of those beliefs though. I think it is all crap, for the most part.

I didn't ever actually hear the pastor talk about birth control, but I am pretty sure they didn't believe in it. All of the families had like 8 kids, one right after the other. Most of the families were poor. The women didn't work and the men didn't have good jobs. I remember going to one family's house. They had like 7 kids all living in a tiny 2 or 3 bedroom trailer house. It was insane. I felt bad for those kids.

I think that if you can't afford more kids, it is your responsibility to quit having them!

I kind of went on a tangent there, but I think that overly religious people worry too much about things that don't matter that much. Personally, I could never be with an extreme Christian, after being raised by one. I think I am a little rebellious!