Well today has been another beautiful day here in Michigan. I feel like I must comment on the weather when it is nice, because I most definitely suffered through winter. Reminding myself that it is beautiful outside makes me happy. :)
Speaking of things that make me feel happy, my friend Orelia is coming up from Philadelphia next week! Yea! Unfortunately, it's around the same time as May Weekend when I must go to Blue Lake, but it looks like we'll be able to squeeze in some time to see each other. Orelia and I originally met at Blue Lake, and she's definitely one of my very special friends. She moved to Philly last year, and I've definitely missed her! It will be great to see her. Plus, May Weekend is always a blast, so I'm pretty excited overall for next week!
I've pretty much got exactly three weeks until I need to be at camp for the summer. I'm trying to get as much work in before camp starts. In all honestly, that is not exactly the best idea, because I'll be spending the summer doing so much work I'll probably want to pull my hair out at times. So it would be nice to take a break, but I want to make sure I've got more than enough money to hold me over, until my first camp paycheck... in July. Yes, after I got paid today, I'll have two more paychecks coming, and then nothing, until July! Luckily I've been quite good about saving my money, so I'll manage just fine, as long as I don't go and do anything crazy with my money, like for instance buying a Coach purse. :) If you're going to go expensive, ladies, at least get quality! :)
******
For Mother's Day, I got my mom a pre-paid Virgin Mobile cell phone. She's been hinting around for ages that she would like a cell phone. It's time she joins the new century and got a cell phone. I am tired of her being completely technologically illiterate! Enough is enough already. Plus I'm tired of her never being reachable when she's been gone for hours on end in my car. LOL I feel like I am the mother in this situation, talking about keeping track of my daughter. Oh fun times. Anyway, thanks to Target for making such a great deal on phones. :) I love Target a million times more than Walmart, even Super Walmart. My friend said in Texas they have Super Targets... why can't we have one of those?
Also, talking about great deals, thanks to Kroger for letting us get 50 cents off the gallon on gas! Gas being at 3.29 is ridiculous, but getting 50 cents a gallon off of that has helped save my wallet a lot of stress! It took $25 to fill up my little Honda Civic... but it would have been even more than that without the discount. Gas, is pretty much ridiculous. My next car WILL be a Hybrid, mark my words. Eco-friendlier, and financially-friendlier. I'm actually shocked that more people don't drive them! Sure at first they cost a bit more, but when you count how much you save on gas... it's a fantastic deal!
******
Okay, now on to my bad day. You all, in exception to Robin who has heard this story, might have wondered why I had such a shit-tastic day on Sunday. LOL Excuse the french. Well, I'll try my hardest to make this long story short. Basically, me, my mom, and my sister volunteered at the MS walk in Frankenmuth on Saturday, and it was a lot of fun. On Saturday afternoon, after volunteering, my sister came back home with me, and along with her and my best friend, we spent the day tie dying t-shirts for our team to wear the next day, when we did the walk in Birmingham. It was my idea to do the t-shirts... and let me just say I was the one who raised the most money (my sister, her husband, and friends raised nothing... me, my friend, and my parents were the ones who raised the money), I was the one who got us signed up for volunteering, I was the one who started a Facebook group in support of the cause, and I was also the one who got us signed up for the Walk.
Now let's skip ahead a bit. Saturday night comes. We had finished our shirts, they were dry, and ready to be taken home. We had done some stenciling of names on the backs of the shirts, but that paint was no longer sticky, and was pretty dry. My friend took her shirt home with her, but my sister left her shirts here. I had asked her to take them home, and my exact words to her were "I don't want to be responsible for anything that does not belong to me. I'll be tired in the morning and I'll be likely to forget something, and I don't want you mad at me when I do." So what did she do? Of course, she left them here.
What did I do on Sunday morning, but of course, I left the shirts here. It wasn't until I drove to 40 minutes to my sister's house, with my dad and best friend in tow, sitting in my sister's driveway, did I realize my error. My sister had come to a window that overlooked the driveway, to tell us she'd be down in a minute. It was at that instant I realized what I had done. Immediately, I told her what I had done, and that I was sorry. I told her I'd even turn around and drive all the way back home, to get their shirts. We were pretty early for the walk at that point, so I actually could feasibly go and get the shirts. We'd be arriving just in the nick of time for the walk, but it was possible. I felt bad because we had spent so much time making the shirts the day before, but what could I do at that point? It was honestly, purely an accident. I would never do something like that on purpose.
Well, apparently my sister didn't think that I had simply made a mistake, nor did she care that I had offered to turn around and get her shirts. When I told her what I had done, she started screaming at me at the top of her lungs. Now, you have to realize that she was using a LOT of profanity (I believe she screamed the F word at me no less than 10 times), all while screaming out a window, on a Sunday morning. I swear the girl has no shame. This after I had apologized and already offered to go back and get her shirts! She basically told me I was an idiot and stupid, and a bitch... and I told her that if she wanted to get such an attitude with me, I could just go home and stay there. Which is probably what I would have done, if my dad and best friend weren't with me. My best friend was the one who convinced me to go back home for the shirts, meanwhile she was on the phone with my sister explaining our plan to her.
Anyhow, we drove to Flint, and then drove back to Birmingham. Check in was at 10am, and we knew that we'd be getting there around 10am, give or take 10 minutes. But we also knew that the Walk was a pretty casual thing, and that if we showed up 10 minutes late, we were hardly going to be turned away. Apparently my sister had been calling my cell phone the entire way to Birmingham, but as it was in the back seat, I didn't hear it. Nor did anyone else in the car. But it wasn't really that big of a deal, because my sister had my best friend's cell number and she definitely called her along the way, constantly asking "Where are you guys now?" Seriously, she was doing this like every five minutes!
We got to Birmingham exactly at 10 am. My sister had called yet again to ask where we were, and my best friend told her we were just down the street from the school. My sister, her friends, and her husband had already registered, so my sister told my friend they'd wait for us at the starting line. Well, we got in and registered, and my friend called my sister back, to tell her that we were coming to the finish line, and that we had their team shirts with us. When my friend called my sister at that time, my sister announced that they were tired of waiting on us, and went ahead and started the walk without us!
Pause. What? She really started the walk without us? After she threw a fit over not having a damn t-shirt, and after I drove all the way to Flint to get her shirt, she couldn't wait for us for five minutes so we could do the walk together and so she could get her damn shirt? We started the walk, with my best friend carrying the shirts. We expected we'd catch up with them pretty easily (my bro-in-law is as the doctor said morbidly obese... so yeah... we expected we'd catch them pretty easily), so we just walked along. My friend called my sister again, to ask where they were. We had all agreed beforehand that our team was going to walk 6 miles. Well, when my friend told Tiffany we were walking the 6 mile route, my sister proclaimed that because "we" held them up for so long, "they" decided to do the 3 mile walk instead, to save time. So at this point I was livid with my sister, but my dad suggested we just skip over to the 3 mile route, so we could catch up with them.
So we walked the 3 mile route. Did we ever find my sister? No. My friend carried a bag of t-shirts for three miles and didn't find my sister the entire time. We went to the finish line, and sat down and ate the pizza and other lunch foods they had out for all the participants. We sat their for an hour, waiting and waiting for my sister and her group. Finally, they showed up. My dad went over to her and told her we had a table on the other side of the room, but my sister plopped down where she was and refused to move over to us. When we moved over to her (I was pretty much dragged over there) my sister announced that they decided to do the 6 mile after all. OMG There is a God, because he stopped me from murdering her! She ate some pizza, and then looked at the bag of shirts and said "I might as well throw this away, it's totally pointless now." After I drove a total of an 80 minutes out of my way to get her FREAKING t-shirt, this is the way she's going to treat me? I know I made a simple mistake, but does that mean that I should be cursed at, lied to, blamed, and all out treated like crap?? I wanted to kill her. After that point, she quickly announced that they were leaving. So they left without us getting a team picture... and basically my sister ruined the day for me, by being a snotty, spoiled little brat. I think she gave Paris Hilton a run for her money that day.
To top it off, I had horrible cramps the whole hour drive home, plus I was slightly car sick. I spent the entire hour trying to take deep breaths and not puke while my dad drove us home. When I did get home, I went into my parents room to get something, and my foot got caught on the bedskirt. I came crashing to the ground, without a moment to brace myself. I hit my knee hard, and then basically bounced off of it on to my hip, which I hit hard as well. I also fell hard on my palm, and apparently the force radiated up my arm, because even though I didn't hit my shoulder, it seemed to take the brunt of the fall. So, lol after my mom ran upstairs to see that I hadn't died, I basically called it a day and spent the rest of the day laying on my good side and trying not to think of ways to kill my sister.
*******
Yes, you can stop singing that "So you had a bad day" song. I hate that song with everything in my soul. Even today's fiasco of "I already recorded my audition CD for Blue Lake but my friend's friend who recorded it was too lazy to click his mouse and transfer the file to CD that now my friend is tracking this guy down all day long so that I can get my tape and mail it Priority mail before the post office closes at five so it gets in before the deadline and all my work wasn't for nothing" was nothing compared to Sunday!
And yes, to answer your next question, I'm still not talking to my sister. Which is okay. We won't be arguing forever... and believe me I accept the fact that there are just some ways in which I will never agree with her. It's okay to have time off from her.
******
And PS, since I'm on a rant roll. If you own a store and have shoplifters all the time, but are unwilling to spend more on a security camera, hiring someone else to work in the store besides yourself, or in the VERY least have the balls to tell them to get the hell out... then I'm tired of hearing about it. Shut up! Why do you expect me to care when you obviously don't care enough to fix the problem?
******
:) Have a good day everyone. And give a final round of applause to Miss LaKisha Jones, Flint's own American Idol who sadly bit the dust last night.
Friday, May 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday, May 11, 2007
So, Yesterday, Soooo Yesterday
Well today has been another beautiful day here in Michigan. I feel like I must comment on the weather when it is nice, because I most definitely suffered through winter. Reminding myself that it is beautiful outside makes me happy. :)
Speaking of things that make me feel happy, my friend Orelia is coming up from Philadelphia next week! Yea! Unfortunately, it's around the same time as May Weekend when I must go to Blue Lake, but it looks like we'll be able to squeeze in some time to see each other. Orelia and I originally met at Blue Lake, and she's definitely one of my very special friends. She moved to Philly last year, and I've definitely missed her! It will be great to see her. Plus, May Weekend is always a blast, so I'm pretty excited overall for next week!
I've pretty much got exactly three weeks until I need to be at camp for the summer. I'm trying to get as much work in before camp starts. In all honestly, that is not exactly the best idea, because I'll be spending the summer doing so much work I'll probably want to pull my hair out at times. So it would be nice to take a break, but I want to make sure I've got more than enough money to hold me over, until my first camp paycheck... in July. Yes, after I got paid today, I'll have two more paychecks coming, and then nothing, until July! Luckily I've been quite good about saving my money, so I'll manage just fine, as long as I don't go and do anything crazy with my money, like for instance buying a Coach purse. :) If you're going to go expensive, ladies, at least get quality! :)
******
For Mother's Day, I got my mom a pre-paid Virgin Mobile cell phone. She's been hinting around for ages that she would like a cell phone. It's time she joins the new century and got a cell phone. I am tired of her being completely technologically illiterate! Enough is enough already. Plus I'm tired of her never being reachable when she's been gone for hours on end in my car. LOL I feel like I am the mother in this situation, talking about keeping track of my daughter. Oh fun times. Anyway, thanks to Target for making such a great deal on phones. :) I love Target a million times more than Walmart, even Super Walmart. My friend said in Texas they have Super Targets... why can't we have one of those?
Also, talking about great deals, thanks to Kroger for letting us get 50 cents off the gallon on gas! Gas being at 3.29 is ridiculous, but getting 50 cents a gallon off of that has helped save my wallet a lot of stress! It took $25 to fill up my little Honda Civic... but it would have been even more than that without the discount. Gas, is pretty much ridiculous. My next car WILL be a Hybrid, mark my words. Eco-friendlier, and financially-friendlier. I'm actually shocked that more people don't drive them! Sure at first they cost a bit more, but when you count how much you save on gas... it's a fantastic deal!
******
Okay, now on to my bad day. You all, in exception to Robin who has heard this story, might have wondered why I had such a shit-tastic day on Sunday. LOL Excuse the french. Well, I'll try my hardest to make this long story short. Basically, me, my mom, and my sister volunteered at the MS walk in Frankenmuth on Saturday, and it was a lot of fun. On Saturday afternoon, after volunteering, my sister came back home with me, and along with her and my best friend, we spent the day tie dying t-shirts for our team to wear the next day, when we did the walk in Birmingham. It was my idea to do the t-shirts... and let me just say I was the one who raised the most money (my sister, her husband, and friends raised nothing... me, my friend, and my parents were the ones who raised the money), I was the one who got us signed up for volunteering, I was the one who started a Facebook group in support of the cause, and I was also the one who got us signed up for the Walk.
Now let's skip ahead a bit. Saturday night comes. We had finished our shirts, they were dry, and ready to be taken home. We had done some stenciling of names on the backs of the shirts, but that paint was no longer sticky, and was pretty dry. My friend took her shirt home with her, but my sister left her shirts here. I had asked her to take them home, and my exact words to her were "I don't want to be responsible for anything that does not belong to me. I'll be tired in the morning and I'll be likely to forget something, and I don't want you mad at me when I do." So what did she do? Of course, she left them here.
What did I do on Sunday morning, but of course, I left the shirts here. It wasn't until I drove to 40 minutes to my sister's house, with my dad and best friend in tow, sitting in my sister's driveway, did I realize my error. My sister had come to a window that overlooked the driveway, to tell us she'd be down in a minute. It was at that instant I realized what I had done. Immediately, I told her what I had done, and that I was sorry. I told her I'd even turn around and drive all the way back home, to get their shirts. We were pretty early for the walk at that point, so I actually could feasibly go and get the shirts. We'd be arriving just in the nick of time for the walk, but it was possible. I felt bad because we had spent so much time making the shirts the day before, but what could I do at that point? It was honestly, purely an accident. I would never do something like that on purpose.
Well, apparently my sister didn't think that I had simply made a mistake, nor did she care that I had offered to turn around and get her shirts. When I told her what I had done, she started screaming at me at the top of her lungs. Now, you have to realize that she was using a LOT of profanity (I believe she screamed the F word at me no less than 10 times), all while screaming out a window, on a Sunday morning. I swear the girl has no shame. This after I had apologized and already offered to go back and get her shirts! She basically told me I was an idiot and stupid, and a bitch... and I told her that if she wanted to get such an attitude with me, I could just go home and stay there. Which is probably what I would have done, if my dad and best friend weren't with me. My best friend was the one who convinced me to go back home for the shirts, meanwhile she was on the phone with my sister explaining our plan to her.
Anyhow, we drove to Flint, and then drove back to Birmingham. Check in was at 10am, and we knew that we'd be getting there around 10am, give or take 10 minutes. But we also knew that the Walk was a pretty casual thing, and that if we showed up 10 minutes late, we were hardly going to be turned away. Apparently my sister had been calling my cell phone the entire way to Birmingham, but as it was in the back seat, I didn't hear it. Nor did anyone else in the car. But it wasn't really that big of a deal, because my sister had my best friend's cell number and she definitely called her along the way, constantly asking "Where are you guys now?" Seriously, she was doing this like every five minutes!
We got to Birmingham exactly at 10 am. My sister had called yet again to ask where we were, and my best friend told her we were just down the street from the school. My sister, her friends, and her husband had already registered, so my sister told my friend they'd wait for us at the starting line. Well, we got in and registered, and my friend called my sister back, to tell her that we were coming to the finish line, and that we had their team shirts with us. When my friend called my sister at that time, my sister announced that they were tired of waiting on us, and went ahead and started the walk without us!
Pause. What? She really started the walk without us? After she threw a fit over not having a damn t-shirt, and after I drove all the way to Flint to get her shirt, she couldn't wait for us for five minutes so we could do the walk together and so she could get her damn shirt? We started the walk, with my best friend carrying the shirts. We expected we'd catch up with them pretty easily (my bro-in-law is as the doctor said morbidly obese... so yeah... we expected we'd catch them pretty easily), so we just walked along. My friend called my sister again, to ask where they were. We had all agreed beforehand that our team was going to walk 6 miles. Well, when my friend told Tiffany we were walking the 6 mile route, my sister proclaimed that because "we" held them up for so long, "they" decided to do the 3 mile walk instead, to save time. So at this point I was livid with my sister, but my dad suggested we just skip over to the 3 mile route, so we could catch up with them.
So we walked the 3 mile route. Did we ever find my sister? No. My friend carried a bag of t-shirts for three miles and didn't find my sister the entire time. We went to the finish line, and sat down and ate the pizza and other lunch foods they had out for all the participants. We sat their for an hour, waiting and waiting for my sister and her group. Finally, they showed up. My dad went over to her and told her we had a table on the other side of the room, but my sister plopped down where she was and refused to move over to us. When we moved over to her (I was pretty much dragged over there) my sister announced that they decided to do the 6 mile after all. OMG There is a God, because he stopped me from murdering her! She ate some pizza, and then looked at the bag of shirts and said "I might as well throw this away, it's totally pointless now." After I drove a total of an 80 minutes out of my way to get her FREAKING t-shirt, this is the way she's going to treat me? I know I made a simple mistake, but does that mean that I should be cursed at, lied to, blamed, and all out treated like crap?? I wanted to kill her. After that point, she quickly announced that they were leaving. So they left without us getting a team picture... and basically my sister ruined the day for me, by being a snotty, spoiled little brat. I think she gave Paris Hilton a run for her money that day.
To top it off, I had horrible cramps the whole hour drive home, plus I was slightly car sick. I spent the entire hour trying to take deep breaths and not puke while my dad drove us home. When I did get home, I went into my parents room to get something, and my foot got caught on the bedskirt. I came crashing to the ground, without a moment to brace myself. I hit my knee hard, and then basically bounced off of it on to my hip, which I hit hard as well. I also fell hard on my palm, and apparently the force radiated up my arm, because even though I didn't hit my shoulder, it seemed to take the brunt of the fall. So, lol after my mom ran upstairs to see that I hadn't died, I basically called it a day and spent the rest of the day laying on my good side and trying not to think of ways to kill my sister.
*******
Yes, you can stop singing that "So you had a bad day" song. I hate that song with everything in my soul. Even today's fiasco of "I already recorded my audition CD for Blue Lake but my friend's friend who recorded it was too lazy to click his mouse and transfer the file to CD that now my friend is tracking this guy down all day long so that I can get my tape and mail it Priority mail before the post office closes at five so it gets in before the deadline and all my work wasn't for nothing" was nothing compared to Sunday!
And yes, to answer your next question, I'm still not talking to my sister. Which is okay. We won't be arguing forever... and believe me I accept the fact that there are just some ways in which I will never agree with her. It's okay to have time off from her.
******
And PS, since I'm on a rant roll. If you own a store and have shoplifters all the time, but are unwilling to spend more on a security camera, hiring someone else to work in the store besides yourself, or in the VERY least have the balls to tell them to get the hell out... then I'm tired of hearing about it. Shut up! Why do you expect me to care when you obviously don't care enough to fix the problem?
******
:) Have a good day everyone. And give a final round of applause to Miss LaKisha Jones, Flint's own American Idol who sadly bit the dust last night.
Speaking of things that make me feel happy, my friend Orelia is coming up from Philadelphia next week! Yea! Unfortunately, it's around the same time as May Weekend when I must go to Blue Lake, but it looks like we'll be able to squeeze in some time to see each other. Orelia and I originally met at Blue Lake, and she's definitely one of my very special friends. She moved to Philly last year, and I've definitely missed her! It will be great to see her. Plus, May Weekend is always a blast, so I'm pretty excited overall for next week!
I've pretty much got exactly three weeks until I need to be at camp for the summer. I'm trying to get as much work in before camp starts. In all honestly, that is not exactly the best idea, because I'll be spending the summer doing so much work I'll probably want to pull my hair out at times. So it would be nice to take a break, but I want to make sure I've got more than enough money to hold me over, until my first camp paycheck... in July. Yes, after I got paid today, I'll have two more paychecks coming, and then nothing, until July! Luckily I've been quite good about saving my money, so I'll manage just fine, as long as I don't go and do anything crazy with my money, like for instance buying a Coach purse. :) If you're going to go expensive, ladies, at least get quality! :)
******
For Mother's Day, I got my mom a pre-paid Virgin Mobile cell phone. She's been hinting around for ages that she would like a cell phone. It's time she joins the new century and got a cell phone. I am tired of her being completely technologically illiterate! Enough is enough already. Plus I'm tired of her never being reachable when she's been gone for hours on end in my car. LOL I feel like I am the mother in this situation, talking about keeping track of my daughter. Oh fun times. Anyway, thanks to Target for making such a great deal on phones. :) I love Target a million times more than Walmart, even Super Walmart. My friend said in Texas they have Super Targets... why can't we have one of those?
Also, talking about great deals, thanks to Kroger for letting us get 50 cents off the gallon on gas! Gas being at 3.29 is ridiculous, but getting 50 cents a gallon off of that has helped save my wallet a lot of stress! It took $25 to fill up my little Honda Civic... but it would have been even more than that without the discount. Gas, is pretty much ridiculous. My next car WILL be a Hybrid, mark my words. Eco-friendlier, and financially-friendlier. I'm actually shocked that more people don't drive them! Sure at first they cost a bit more, but when you count how much you save on gas... it's a fantastic deal!
******
Okay, now on to my bad day. You all, in exception to Robin who has heard this story, might have wondered why I had such a shit-tastic day on Sunday. LOL Excuse the french. Well, I'll try my hardest to make this long story short. Basically, me, my mom, and my sister volunteered at the MS walk in Frankenmuth on Saturday, and it was a lot of fun. On Saturday afternoon, after volunteering, my sister came back home with me, and along with her and my best friend, we spent the day tie dying t-shirts for our team to wear the next day, when we did the walk in Birmingham. It was my idea to do the t-shirts... and let me just say I was the one who raised the most money (my sister, her husband, and friends raised nothing... me, my friend, and my parents were the ones who raised the money), I was the one who got us signed up for volunteering, I was the one who started a Facebook group in support of the cause, and I was also the one who got us signed up for the Walk.
Now let's skip ahead a bit. Saturday night comes. We had finished our shirts, they were dry, and ready to be taken home. We had done some stenciling of names on the backs of the shirts, but that paint was no longer sticky, and was pretty dry. My friend took her shirt home with her, but my sister left her shirts here. I had asked her to take them home, and my exact words to her were "I don't want to be responsible for anything that does not belong to me. I'll be tired in the morning and I'll be likely to forget something, and I don't want you mad at me when I do." So what did she do? Of course, she left them here.
What did I do on Sunday morning, but of course, I left the shirts here. It wasn't until I drove to 40 minutes to my sister's house, with my dad and best friend in tow, sitting in my sister's driveway, did I realize my error. My sister had come to a window that overlooked the driveway, to tell us she'd be down in a minute. It was at that instant I realized what I had done. Immediately, I told her what I had done, and that I was sorry. I told her I'd even turn around and drive all the way back home, to get their shirts. We were pretty early for the walk at that point, so I actually could feasibly go and get the shirts. We'd be arriving just in the nick of time for the walk, but it was possible. I felt bad because we had spent so much time making the shirts the day before, but what could I do at that point? It was honestly, purely an accident. I would never do something like that on purpose.
Well, apparently my sister didn't think that I had simply made a mistake, nor did she care that I had offered to turn around and get her shirts. When I told her what I had done, she started screaming at me at the top of her lungs. Now, you have to realize that she was using a LOT of profanity (I believe she screamed the F word at me no less than 10 times), all while screaming out a window, on a Sunday morning. I swear the girl has no shame. This after I had apologized and already offered to go back and get her shirts! She basically told me I was an idiot and stupid, and a bitch... and I told her that if she wanted to get such an attitude with me, I could just go home and stay there. Which is probably what I would have done, if my dad and best friend weren't with me. My best friend was the one who convinced me to go back home for the shirts, meanwhile she was on the phone with my sister explaining our plan to her.
Anyhow, we drove to Flint, and then drove back to Birmingham. Check in was at 10am, and we knew that we'd be getting there around 10am, give or take 10 minutes. But we also knew that the Walk was a pretty casual thing, and that if we showed up 10 minutes late, we were hardly going to be turned away. Apparently my sister had been calling my cell phone the entire way to Birmingham, but as it was in the back seat, I didn't hear it. Nor did anyone else in the car. But it wasn't really that big of a deal, because my sister had my best friend's cell number and she definitely called her along the way, constantly asking "Where are you guys now?" Seriously, she was doing this like every five minutes!
We got to Birmingham exactly at 10 am. My sister had called yet again to ask where we were, and my best friend told her we were just down the street from the school. My sister, her friends, and her husband had already registered, so my sister told my friend they'd wait for us at the starting line. Well, we got in and registered, and my friend called my sister back, to tell her that we were coming to the finish line, and that we had their team shirts with us. When my friend called my sister at that time, my sister announced that they were tired of waiting on us, and went ahead and started the walk without us!
Pause. What? She really started the walk without us? After she threw a fit over not having a damn t-shirt, and after I drove all the way to Flint to get her shirt, she couldn't wait for us for five minutes so we could do the walk together and so she could get her damn shirt? We started the walk, with my best friend carrying the shirts. We expected we'd catch up with them pretty easily (my bro-in-law is as the doctor said morbidly obese... so yeah... we expected we'd catch them pretty easily), so we just walked along. My friend called my sister again, to ask where they were. We had all agreed beforehand that our team was going to walk 6 miles. Well, when my friend told Tiffany we were walking the 6 mile route, my sister proclaimed that because "we" held them up for so long, "they" decided to do the 3 mile walk instead, to save time. So at this point I was livid with my sister, but my dad suggested we just skip over to the 3 mile route, so we could catch up with them.
So we walked the 3 mile route. Did we ever find my sister? No. My friend carried a bag of t-shirts for three miles and didn't find my sister the entire time. We went to the finish line, and sat down and ate the pizza and other lunch foods they had out for all the participants. We sat their for an hour, waiting and waiting for my sister and her group. Finally, they showed up. My dad went over to her and told her we had a table on the other side of the room, but my sister plopped down where she was and refused to move over to us. When we moved over to her (I was pretty much dragged over there) my sister announced that they decided to do the 6 mile after all. OMG There is a God, because he stopped me from murdering her! She ate some pizza, and then looked at the bag of shirts and said "I might as well throw this away, it's totally pointless now." After I drove a total of an 80 minutes out of my way to get her FREAKING t-shirt, this is the way she's going to treat me? I know I made a simple mistake, but does that mean that I should be cursed at, lied to, blamed, and all out treated like crap?? I wanted to kill her. After that point, she quickly announced that they were leaving. So they left without us getting a team picture... and basically my sister ruined the day for me, by being a snotty, spoiled little brat. I think she gave Paris Hilton a run for her money that day.
To top it off, I had horrible cramps the whole hour drive home, plus I was slightly car sick. I spent the entire hour trying to take deep breaths and not puke while my dad drove us home. When I did get home, I went into my parents room to get something, and my foot got caught on the bedskirt. I came crashing to the ground, without a moment to brace myself. I hit my knee hard, and then basically bounced off of it on to my hip, which I hit hard as well. I also fell hard on my palm, and apparently the force radiated up my arm, because even though I didn't hit my shoulder, it seemed to take the brunt of the fall. So, lol after my mom ran upstairs to see that I hadn't died, I basically called it a day and spent the rest of the day laying on my good side and trying not to think of ways to kill my sister.
*******
Yes, you can stop singing that "So you had a bad day" song. I hate that song with everything in my soul. Even today's fiasco of "I already recorded my audition CD for Blue Lake but my friend's friend who recorded it was too lazy to click his mouse and transfer the file to CD that now my friend is tracking this guy down all day long so that I can get my tape and mail it Priority mail before the post office closes at five so it gets in before the deadline and all my work wasn't for nothing" was nothing compared to Sunday!
And yes, to answer your next question, I'm still not talking to my sister. Which is okay. We won't be arguing forever... and believe me I accept the fact that there are just some ways in which I will never agree with her. It's okay to have time off from her.
******
And PS, since I'm on a rant roll. If you own a store and have shoplifters all the time, but are unwilling to spend more on a security camera, hiring someone else to work in the store besides yourself, or in the VERY least have the balls to tell them to get the hell out... then I'm tired of hearing about it. Shut up! Why do you expect me to care when you obviously don't care enough to fix the problem?
******
:) Have a good day everyone. And give a final round of applause to Miss LaKisha Jones, Flint's own American Idol who sadly bit the dust last night.
1 comment:
- Robin said...
-
What an adorable layout!! Blogger is a bitch since they switched things over. <---I had seen your rant over at AT, that's why I mention this. :P
Great gift for your mom! I had a Virgin Mobile phone for a while. I really enjoyed it because I don't use my cell all that much. Then my sister forced me to switch to a contract. Grr!
P.S. I wanted to ask, when you fill up with Kroger's gas, is the amount of money that is taken off, based on what you spend for groceries? I'm assuming yes {but I'm dense so bare with me here}. Last time I filled up, I only had 4 cents taken off, whereas before it was more. I haven't gone there in a while for groceries so yeah, I think I've answered my own question. hehe!! -
11:56 PM EDT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What an adorable layout!! Blogger is a bitch since they switched things over. <---I had seen your rant over at AT, that's why I mention this. :P
Great gift for your mom! I had a Virgin Mobile phone for a while. I really enjoyed it because I don't use my cell all that much. Then my sister forced me to switch to a contract. Grr!
P.S. I wanted to ask, when you fill up with Kroger's gas, is the amount of money that is taken off, based on what you spend for groceries? I'm assuming yes {but I'm dense so bare with me here}. Last time I filled up, I only had 4 cents taken off, whereas before it was more. I haven't gone there in a while for groceries so yeah, I think I've answered my own question. hehe!!
Post a Comment