Thursday, May 17, 2007

Is it May Yet?

I realized yesterday that it's been about a week since I blogged last. While I wanted to blog yesterday, I had nothing to blog about, and plus, I was too stinking tired!

Hmm, this week. Let's see, on Sunday I started sneezing my head off, and somewhere in the back of my mind I was realizing I was getting a cold. I was doing that whole "I'm not getting a cold, this is just my allergies" type of thing. That night, I most definitely woke up countless times because my throat was dry. Why was my throat dry? Well, your throat tends to get dry when you are breathing with your mouth open all night long, due to your nose being completely plugged. Sigh. I subbed for kindergarten on Thursday and Friday, and I'm pretty darn sure that is where I got it. Well anyhow, I went to work on Monday and at that point, the whole "I'm achy-probably-running-a-fever-and-I-just-want-to-lie-down" feeling overwhelmed me, and I could no longer deny that I was sick. I came home, and don't you know even though I went to bed early, I didn't get much sleep? This was due to the whole, nose is plugged, mouth is dry syndrome. I didn't sleep until the Benadryl severe congestion stuff kicked in. An hour after it kicked in, I woke up again because now my sinuses were aching from being too dry. I swear, I just couldn't win that night. I then got up quite early to go to work... once again working with children while being in a complete "I just want to go find somewhere to sleep" haze. I finally got a little more sleep on Tuesday night, and I was feeling well enough to get up on Wednesday morning and volunteer at the Ortho unit at the hospital. I'm actually liking this volunteer rotation, go figure! After volunteering all morning, I was exhausted. That is probably due to me over exerting myself by pushing multiple people back and forth across the hospital in wheel chairs. Anyhow, I came home and napped!

Last night I got a lot more sleep, and I woke up this morning to visit my friend Orelia in Ann Arbor. I came home exhausted again! I'm feeling much better, but this cold has left me with a good amount of fatigue. I think I got tired out mostly because we walked around Ann Arbor, and it was so freaking cold! I just don't think my still slightly sick body was happy with the 50 degrees with drizzle weather we had going on. Plus the construction on US-23 was horrible! It turned a 45 minute drive in to a 1 hr 15 min drive. Yeah, it pretty much sucked. Plus, I burned half a tank of gas. And do you know how much it cost me about an hour ago to re-fill that half tank of gas? $18.55!!! For my little Honda Civic! Like I said, I am soooo getting a hybrid when I get my next car. Anyhow, enough of my bitching, here is a cute picture of me and my friend Orelia early this afternoon. :)



I know I just complained a lot in that last paragraph, but I really did have fun visiting with Orelia and her sister. I haven't seen her in a year, since she moved to Philly! Who knows when I'll get to see her next, so it was a good visit for sure. I actually was a counselor with Orelia my first summer at Blue Lake, which is another story in itself. :)

Speaking of Blue Lake, tomorrow I go for May Weekend! May Weekend is always a lot of fun, so I am excited. I can't wait to hang out with my friends! Slightly scary moment comes on Sunday, when I'm responsible with my boss Jenn for running the camper "Special Needs" meeting, along with the "Special Needs" activity. I've always sat through the meetings, here and there raising my hand to comment, but I've never actually ran the show on a full on meeting. Unit meetings, yes, UD meeting, and orientation meeting... no. I know I'll do fine, but I don't want to be the person to bore everyone to tears. I'll give you all a full update, and most likely, pictures as well. Which reminds me, I really need to think up a title for the photo blog I'm going to start. I haven't decided if it will just be a summer thing, or a photo blog I'll keep all year long. We shall see.

And finally, Robin tagged me! So here it is: My Pet Peeves- Blog Tag Torture

1.) I really have a pet peeve for people who do not give you enough details. For instance, my boss Jenn. Her emails always, ALWAYS leave some key detail out. Which means I have to email her back, and ask her something that in my opinion, should have been obvious to include in the original email. Such as "What time do you want me to arrive?" Her response will be "Well, I'm doing an airport run at 1:30... picking up so and so." Okay, what the hell does that have to do with me. Still my question has not been answered! Which means I have to email her back with "Okay, so when do you want me to arrive?" Now I have to wait for three or four days until she feels like replying, and I finally get "Oh, why don't you come at 2 or 3?" Is it so much to ask for you to simply give appropriate detail? Seriously. I am not a mind reader! While I don't need you to spell out every single thing for me, a little detail is a nice thing to have.

2.) People who get upset over an honest mistake. I've never understood why someone will get so mad with someone else simply because they made an honest mistake. I mean, if it's your doctor, and they, oh I don't know, cut off your leg during surgery when you went in for a nose job... yeah, that's something to get upset over. If a waiter brings you a burger, when you ordered a cheeseburger, it's not the end of the world! Simply say politely that you wanted cheese on your burger, and the problem can be solved quickly. I guess this is probably the result of people being too absorbed in themselves, and not taking the time to consider what another person is dealing with.

3.) Fake celebrities. If I have to hear one more story about Paris Hilton or one of her stupid friends, I am going to scream. Paris should not be a celebrity. Nicole Richie should not be a celebrity. Rod Stewart's ugly daughter should not be a celebrity. Why are there entire television shows dedicated to these people? Why do people buy magazines with these people on the cover? Why god why? Is our society in such a sad place that we make royalty out of rich skanks? What about people who are actually doing good in the world? What about the woman I saw on the news who single handedly raised $10,000 to help keep a clinic open in Dakar? Why isn't she a celebrity?

4.) People who complain and pretend like their lives are so horrible. Yes, I've spent my fair share on this blog complaining about things here and there, but everyone needs an outlet to get out the things that bug them. I'm not talking about little complaints. I'm talking about the people who complain about EVERYTHING in their life, while at the same time trying to weirdly outdo you. I think everyone has that friend. You know, you could tell them "Yeah, my day really sucked. I had to pull a double shift at work, and I only got four hours of sleep last night. I'm exhausted!" That friend would automatically come back with "Well, I did TWO double shifts back to back, and I haven't slept at all in TWO days. I'm running on nothing but Slim Fast and Mountain Dew." Oh puh-leeze. There is a very humorous new skit on SNL, where there is this girl who has to outdo everyone in ridiculous ways... reminds me of a certain annoying friend I have.

5.) I'm going with Misti and Robin. People who use the wrong form of a word. Misspellings do bother me a bit, but some people are just better spellers than others. Very poor grammar gets me too, but still, even then, I can ignore some of it. What really bothers me is when someone says LOSE when they really mean LOOSE. What is so hard to understand about those two words? LOSE should be used in a sentence in this way: "I win the game, and you LOSE." LOOSE should be used in this way: "I can't believe how LOOSE my pants are fitting me today!" I don't get what is so confusing about those two words.

With that, my blog is done for the day. I need to eat some dinner, finish my laundry, and get packed for May Weekend. I'm leaving at 11 am tomorrow! Oh yeah, I'm not sure if she will add it to her blog, but I tag Pants.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Great pic of you and your friend! :D

Your #4 pet peeve cracked me up! I know at least three people off the top of my head who are like this. Drives me INSANE!

And it looks like a everyone has issues with spelling errors. LOL! The way I put it made me sound like a total bitch. :P

Pants said...

YAYYYY I vote yes on the photo blog for the summer!

And also, I will think hard about my pet peeves... five, eh? I'm sure I can come up with something ;)

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Is it May Yet?

I realized yesterday that it's been about a week since I blogged last. While I wanted to blog yesterday, I had nothing to blog about, and plus, I was too stinking tired!

Hmm, this week. Let's see, on Sunday I started sneezing my head off, and somewhere in the back of my mind I was realizing I was getting a cold. I was doing that whole "I'm not getting a cold, this is just my allergies" type of thing. That night, I most definitely woke up countless times because my throat was dry. Why was my throat dry? Well, your throat tends to get dry when you are breathing with your mouth open all night long, due to your nose being completely plugged. Sigh. I subbed for kindergarten on Thursday and Friday, and I'm pretty darn sure that is where I got it. Well anyhow, I went to work on Monday and at that point, the whole "I'm achy-probably-running-a-fever-and-I-just-want-to-lie-down" feeling overwhelmed me, and I could no longer deny that I was sick. I came home, and don't you know even though I went to bed early, I didn't get much sleep? This was due to the whole, nose is plugged, mouth is dry syndrome. I didn't sleep until the Benadryl severe congestion stuff kicked in. An hour after it kicked in, I woke up again because now my sinuses were aching from being too dry. I swear, I just couldn't win that night. I then got up quite early to go to work... once again working with children while being in a complete "I just want to go find somewhere to sleep" haze. I finally got a little more sleep on Tuesday night, and I was feeling well enough to get up on Wednesday morning and volunteer at the Ortho unit at the hospital. I'm actually liking this volunteer rotation, go figure! After volunteering all morning, I was exhausted. That is probably due to me over exerting myself by pushing multiple people back and forth across the hospital in wheel chairs. Anyhow, I came home and napped!

Last night I got a lot more sleep, and I woke up this morning to visit my friend Orelia in Ann Arbor. I came home exhausted again! I'm feeling much better, but this cold has left me with a good amount of fatigue. I think I got tired out mostly because we walked around Ann Arbor, and it was so freaking cold! I just don't think my still slightly sick body was happy with the 50 degrees with drizzle weather we had going on. Plus the construction on US-23 was horrible! It turned a 45 minute drive in to a 1 hr 15 min drive. Yeah, it pretty much sucked. Plus, I burned half a tank of gas. And do you know how much it cost me about an hour ago to re-fill that half tank of gas? $18.55!!! For my little Honda Civic! Like I said, I am soooo getting a hybrid when I get my next car. Anyhow, enough of my bitching, here is a cute picture of me and my friend Orelia early this afternoon. :)



I know I just complained a lot in that last paragraph, but I really did have fun visiting with Orelia and her sister. I haven't seen her in a year, since she moved to Philly! Who knows when I'll get to see her next, so it was a good visit for sure. I actually was a counselor with Orelia my first summer at Blue Lake, which is another story in itself. :)

Speaking of Blue Lake, tomorrow I go for May Weekend! May Weekend is always a lot of fun, so I am excited. I can't wait to hang out with my friends! Slightly scary moment comes on Sunday, when I'm responsible with my boss Jenn for running the camper "Special Needs" meeting, along with the "Special Needs" activity. I've always sat through the meetings, here and there raising my hand to comment, but I've never actually ran the show on a full on meeting. Unit meetings, yes, UD meeting, and orientation meeting... no. I know I'll do fine, but I don't want to be the person to bore everyone to tears. I'll give you all a full update, and most likely, pictures as well. Which reminds me, I really need to think up a title for the photo blog I'm going to start. I haven't decided if it will just be a summer thing, or a photo blog I'll keep all year long. We shall see.

And finally, Robin tagged me! So here it is: My Pet Peeves- Blog Tag Torture

1.) I really have a pet peeve for people who do not give you enough details. For instance, my boss Jenn. Her emails always, ALWAYS leave some key detail out. Which means I have to email her back, and ask her something that in my opinion, should have been obvious to include in the original email. Such as "What time do you want me to arrive?" Her response will be "Well, I'm doing an airport run at 1:30... picking up so and so." Okay, what the hell does that have to do with me. Still my question has not been answered! Which means I have to email her back with "Okay, so when do you want me to arrive?" Now I have to wait for three or four days until she feels like replying, and I finally get "Oh, why don't you come at 2 or 3?" Is it so much to ask for you to simply give appropriate detail? Seriously. I am not a mind reader! While I don't need you to spell out every single thing for me, a little detail is a nice thing to have.

2.) People who get upset over an honest mistake. I've never understood why someone will get so mad with someone else simply because they made an honest mistake. I mean, if it's your doctor, and they, oh I don't know, cut off your leg during surgery when you went in for a nose job... yeah, that's something to get upset over. If a waiter brings you a burger, when you ordered a cheeseburger, it's not the end of the world! Simply say politely that you wanted cheese on your burger, and the problem can be solved quickly. I guess this is probably the result of people being too absorbed in themselves, and not taking the time to consider what another person is dealing with.

3.) Fake celebrities. If I have to hear one more story about Paris Hilton or one of her stupid friends, I am going to scream. Paris should not be a celebrity. Nicole Richie should not be a celebrity. Rod Stewart's ugly daughter should not be a celebrity. Why are there entire television shows dedicated to these people? Why do people buy magazines with these people on the cover? Why god why? Is our society in such a sad place that we make royalty out of rich skanks? What about people who are actually doing good in the world? What about the woman I saw on the news who single handedly raised $10,000 to help keep a clinic open in Dakar? Why isn't she a celebrity?

4.) People who complain and pretend like their lives are so horrible. Yes, I've spent my fair share on this blog complaining about things here and there, but everyone needs an outlet to get out the things that bug them. I'm not talking about little complaints. I'm talking about the people who complain about EVERYTHING in their life, while at the same time trying to weirdly outdo you. I think everyone has that friend. You know, you could tell them "Yeah, my day really sucked. I had to pull a double shift at work, and I only got four hours of sleep last night. I'm exhausted!" That friend would automatically come back with "Well, I did TWO double shifts back to back, and I haven't slept at all in TWO days. I'm running on nothing but Slim Fast and Mountain Dew." Oh puh-leeze. There is a very humorous new skit on SNL, where there is this girl who has to outdo everyone in ridiculous ways... reminds me of a certain annoying friend I have.

5.) I'm going with Misti and Robin. People who use the wrong form of a word. Misspellings do bother me a bit, but some people are just better spellers than others. Very poor grammar gets me too, but still, even then, I can ignore some of it. What really bothers me is when someone says LOSE when they really mean LOOSE. What is so hard to understand about those two words? LOSE should be used in a sentence in this way: "I win the game, and you LOSE." LOOSE should be used in this way: "I can't believe how LOOSE my pants are fitting me today!" I don't get what is so confusing about those two words.

With that, my blog is done for the day. I need to eat some dinner, finish my laundry, and get packed for May Weekend. I'm leaving at 11 am tomorrow! Oh yeah, I'm not sure if she will add it to her blog, but I tag Pants.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Great pic of you and your friend! :D

Your #4 pet peeve cracked me up! I know at least three people off the top of my head who are like this. Drives me INSANE!

And it looks like a everyone has issues with spelling errors. LOL! The way I put it made me sound like a total bitch. :P

Pants said...

YAYYYY I vote yes on the photo blog for the summer!

And also, I will think hard about my pet peeves... five, eh? I'm sure I can come up with something ;)