Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Our Thanksgiving dinner has wrapped itself up, and I'm now trying to push off the turkey coma that is trying to overwhelm me. I just have to watch Survivor before I can go to sleep! :) You guys know I can't miss an episode of Survivor without having a mini meltdown.

My Thanksgiving started out just as I expected. My mom woke up as the evil spawn woman, but thankfully for me and my dad, it only lasted for about half an hour. After that it was breakfast and being put to work. I cleaned the bathroom from top to bottom and straightened up my room, while catching tidbits of the Detroit parade. I simply love the Detroit parade! I don't know what it is about it, but it is something I look forward to all year round. I could care less about the Macy's parade in NYC! To me, it's all about Detroit. I mean, is it really Thanksgiving if Karen Newman isn't singing her cheesy "It's Christmas Eve on Woodward Avenue" song? Or the businessmen drill team doing a step show with briefcases? I say no. It really freaked me out this morning when I woke up and our cable was out, because I thought it meant I'd miss out on the parade. Luckily it came back on, because otherwise I was planning on watching it online.

We actually got a couple of inches of snow last night! It is so cold here that it feels more like Christmas Eve than Thanksgiving. My sis and bro-in-law made it up here safe and sound. They came a bit early, and I was still in my pajamas scrubbing the bathroom when they arrived. My sister got to work in the kitchen, making some special Italian style green beans that my bro-in-law Rich apparently grew up on. Honestly, they were quite gross! They were swimming in garlic and pepper, and ew. No one really ate them but Rich and my sister. Other than the green beans, dinner was great! My mom makes really juicy turkeys, so of course we had that with other traditional stuff like cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, etc. A great dinner. And my pies... came out great! My chocolate pie was a big hit! The meringue that I was so worried about came out fluffy and perfect! I am so happy about that because I was having a near panic attack thinking I was going to screw up the pie.

Now I'm in my pajamas, and Survivor is just coming on. :) I'm surprisingly still hungry! I will probably be back down in to the kitchen in a few hours eating leftover dressing and turkey. :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Here is a quick pic of my chocolate meringue pie that I was so very proud of :)






You Are Mashed Potatoes

Ordinary, comforting, and more than a little predictable
You're the glue that holds everyone together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job on your pie! :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Our Thanksgiving dinner has wrapped itself up, and I'm now trying to push off the turkey coma that is trying to overwhelm me. I just have to watch Survivor before I can go to sleep! :) You guys know I can't miss an episode of Survivor without having a mini meltdown.

My Thanksgiving started out just as I expected. My mom woke up as the evil spawn woman, but thankfully for me and my dad, it only lasted for about half an hour. After that it was breakfast and being put to work. I cleaned the bathroom from top to bottom and straightened up my room, while catching tidbits of the Detroit parade. I simply love the Detroit parade! I don't know what it is about it, but it is something I look forward to all year round. I could care less about the Macy's parade in NYC! To me, it's all about Detroit. I mean, is it really Thanksgiving if Karen Newman isn't singing her cheesy "It's Christmas Eve on Woodward Avenue" song? Or the businessmen drill team doing a step show with briefcases? I say no. It really freaked me out this morning when I woke up and our cable was out, because I thought it meant I'd miss out on the parade. Luckily it came back on, because otherwise I was planning on watching it online.

We actually got a couple of inches of snow last night! It is so cold here that it feels more like Christmas Eve than Thanksgiving. My sis and bro-in-law made it up here safe and sound. They came a bit early, and I was still in my pajamas scrubbing the bathroom when they arrived. My sister got to work in the kitchen, making some special Italian style green beans that my bro-in-law Rich apparently grew up on. Honestly, they were quite gross! They were swimming in garlic and pepper, and ew. No one really ate them but Rich and my sister. Other than the green beans, dinner was great! My mom makes really juicy turkeys, so of course we had that with other traditional stuff like cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, etc. A great dinner. And my pies... came out great! My chocolate pie was a big hit! The meringue that I was so worried about came out fluffy and perfect! I am so happy about that because I was having a near panic attack thinking I was going to screw up the pie.

Now I'm in my pajamas, and Survivor is just coming on. :) I'm surprisingly still hungry! I will probably be back down in to the kitchen in a few hours eating leftover dressing and turkey. :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Here is a quick pic of my chocolate meringue pie that I was so very proud of :)






You Are Mashed Potatoes

Ordinary, comforting, and more than a little predictable
You're the glue that holds everyone together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job on your pie! :) Happy Thanksgiving!