Anyhow, I've figured drastic times call for drastic measures. I used to use this topical stuff the doctor would prescribe, but since I no longer have health insurance, the prescription refill is like $120 for a two month supply! And really, it's not even a two month supply, it's a one month supply. It is supposed to be used twice a day, but I use it once a day because it dried my skin out too much. $60 a month to keep my skin clear? I wondered if ProActiv actually worked, so I looked it up online. It uses the same active ingredient that the prescription stuff the doc calls out for me uses, which is benzoyl peroxide. Same stuff as my persa gel. I've tried using salicylic acid products, but they cause me to have insane breakouts. I'm talking cystic stuff, like this current thing growing off the side of my face. So ProActiv might actually work, if it wasn't almost as expensive as the stuff the doctor prescribes for me! So anyway, I went on to drugstore.com and found a generic form of ProActiv, same percentage of active ingredients, but only $20 for a two month supply. At this point, I am willing to try anything to clear up my skin! Being 25 and breaking out worse than I did when I was 15 is for the birds.
I'm just a ray of sunshine today, huh? Actually I'm not in a bad mood, I'm just frustrated. I'd like to comb my hair in front of my face for choir rehearsal, but somehow I think that will draw more attention to me than these zits will. My only comfort is knowing that all those old biddies eyesight is probably so bad they won't notice the zits on my face! My only joy is knowing that we get our Christmas music today! Finally, the one concert I absolutely adore is the Holiday Pops. Ack, which reminds me, we'll be on live tv for that, so hopefully my face will stop trying to commit social suicide.
******
I've got tons of stuff left to do before choir rehearsal, so I'm just going to use an imagination prompt today. :)
Can you watch a movie already in progress, or do you need to see it from the beginning?
I can see a movie already in progress if it is a movie I have seen before. It doesn't bother me to catch a movie that I've seen in the middle. That happens a lot during the weekend when I flip through the channels. Especially last weekend, I think I must have seen Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion five times, but I only caught it once from the beginning. If it is a movie I haven't seen before, I really prefer to catch it from the beginning.
******
Because I was born in 1982 and was thus a child of both decades:
| You Are 64% A Child of the 80s |
![]() Not only did you experience the 80s... you are practically an expert. You should be totally stoked! |
| You Are 72% A Child of the 90s |
![]() Wassup!?! You remember the 90s like they were yesterday. And you're ready to open up a can of whoop-ass on any other decade. |


2 comments:
I don't think I've had a clear face since I've hit puberty! Both my sisters get maybe one pimple a year! Me? Oh NO, I have to get the monster zits. >:(
My bathroom is coated with this ointment and that ointment. I go to bed looking I have chicken pox some nights will all the dots of zit cream on my face! LOL. You'd think once we were past the teenage years this crap would stop, right?
I so understand how you feel. And I understand the wanting to comb your hair over your face {I've wanted to do that MANY of times!}. I've actually called into work before if my skin is completely out of control.
Now that you know my history of pimples... I'll stop. ;P
ProActiv is awesome. I had a clear face as a teenager (only one zit at that time of the month) and now? In my 30s? Zit city. But ProActiv works!
Amy(AB)
Post a Comment