******
I have a floating sub job tomorrow morning at a school in not the nicest part of town. Hopefully the kids won't be too much trouble, and hopefully I won't get sick! I've been very lucky to not get sick yet this school year, and I'd really like to keep it that way! For the last two years I've been sick on my birthday... hopefully that won't happen this coming birthday.
Speaking of birthdays, my sister's 25th birthday is coming up very soon. December 21st to be exact. I'm 25, she'll be 25... hard to explain to people how it is that my sister and I are the same age, yet not twins. This will last for a month until I turn the nice ancient age of 26. :) I think I finally know what I am going to get my sister for her birthday! I saw that Old Navy is having a sale on all of their lounge wear. I think I'm going to get her a cute pajama set, a new robe, and some cute slippers. Good thing she doesn't read my blog! I usually just walk around the house or sleep in any pajama pants/sweat pants that are clean, a clean t shirt that probably doesn't match my bottoms, and socks. My sister on the hand loves to coordinate her pajamas and loves to wear robes and slippers, so I think this will be a good gift for her. I was considering getting my mom the same type of things for her birthday (January 1), but she is so ridiculously particular on stuff like that. One year I actually bought her the same nice robe that she had given my sister as a gift, and she never wore the thing! It is a really nice fleece robe, that has been hanging on a hook in the bathroom for two years. Instead, she walks around in this terry cloth thing that is falling apart and is stained from over wear. As for slippers go, she'd wear them for a few weeks, and then she'd think it would be cute when Teddy or Tabby run off with one of them in their mouths. Within a day or two those little furballs would have made mince meat of those slippers. I refuse to spend money on something that is going to end up as the dogs' chew toy!
I've decided that since I have tomorrow afternoon free, I'm going to try to get my Christmas/birthday shopping done in one quick move. I plan to hit Old Navy to buy that stuff for sis's birthday. Then, onward to Walmart where they have this really nice George Foreman grill on sale for $10 cheaper than Target. I also plan to get them some new cookware. Nothing fancy like new pots or pans, but more along the lines of a couple new baking sheets, a new spatula, etc. I think all that along with the cookbook I got them will be a nice gift. I just decided to go ahead and shop for the both of them this year instead of trying to figure out what each of them would want. As for Christmas for my sis and brother in law... gift cards. Honestly, my brother in law is ridiculous to shop for, and quite frankly I give up. I'm not going to try to figure out what new video game he might want, or what DVDs or CDs he would like. Besides, he seems to be one of those people who have no interest in Christmas except for what gifts he'll be getting, so I'm honestly not going to waste too much time or energy trying to be creative. I'll probably just get him a gift card to Best Buy, and get my sister a gift card to Starbucks or New York and Company. As for my mom's birthday... maybe a piece of jewelry and a minutes card for the cell phone I got her for Mother's Day, that she used all the minutes on within a week and then lost interest in it. It would be a great stress relief to know that I have all my Christmas and birthday shopping done before December 1st hits!
******
Late tomorrow afternoon I am supposed to be receiving a phone call from one of my bosses at camp, Adrian. He says he is not looking for a commitment from me at this point, but what else could he want? I'm a little bothered by the fact that they're looking for a commitment from me this early. I most definitely haven't made any decisions about next summer yet, and I have no idea what I'll have to say to him tomorrow. Let's hope he's satisfied with a "ah... I don't know, we'll see" kind of answer!
******
One more day guys! Everyone has done such a great job blogging this month!
| You Are a Traditional Christmas Tree |
![]() For a good Christmas, you don't have to re-invent the wheel. You already have traditions, foods, and special things you bring out every year. |

No comments:
Post a Comment