Thanks for the nice thoughts sent my way everyone! I am feeling a little less stressed about things :)
Yesterday evening my mom and I put up the Christmas tree. Boy was that a lot of work! I always feel such a sense of accomplishment once we've assembled the thing. It is quite a massive tree, so it always takes quite a bit of work. Plus add in the fact that the thing is incredibly dusty (how it gets so dusty when it spends 11 months in a zipped up vinyl bag is beyond me!) and my mom taking a million breaks, and it gets a bit annoying.
After assembling it I always feel the biggest urge to do nothing but wash my hands, because like I said, the thing is dusty! My mom was complaining like she always does that the tree smelled like dust, and then spent the greater part of half an hour searching for some pine scent spray stuff she bought for the tree. Of course she can't remember where she put it! Finally, just to get her to stop complaining, I sprayed the tree down with Oust spray! Yes, it is dusty, but it really just needs to air out. I honestly don't know how the smell of dust bothers her when she is a smoker. In fact, I'm sure much of the dust on the tree is a result of her smoking in the house.
Ah well. We haven't even gotten to the point of putting any lights or decorations up, because it was late by the time we got done putting the tree up. We're planning on doing the rest this afternoon. I'll take pictures at some point and either add them here or to my photo blog.
******
Friday evening, my mom had another run in with Groundskeeper Willie. The guy is a total nut job. I would be worried about him feeding things to the dogs, but I know that both of them would be extremely reluctant to approach anything he might drop over the fence at them. I'm not even sure what exactly started the little spat between my mom and Willie Friday night. I think he must have been yelling at one of the dogs again, because it resulted in my mom yelling at him to shut up. After she told him to shut up, he responded with something about my mom "wishing she could have him." At this point, my mother was really pissed off and retorted with "I've got a news flash for you, no woman on this Earth would touch you with a ten foot pole!" Yes, the maturity was just overwhelming, wasn't it? He then replied with "Are you threatening me?" In which, my mother's final response was "You f**king idiot! Can't you tell the difference between an insult and a threat?"
If only it could have ended there. But of course it couldn't end there! Why could life be so easy?? Willie decided to call the police on my parents, probably in his minds as payback for all the times my mom has called the police on him. Even though my mom was the one who spoke to him, he decided that it would sound pretty silly to tell the police that he felt threatened by a 115 lb woman. So instead, of course, he told them that my dad had been threatening him. I guess he figured it would sound more realistic if a 200 lb black man had been threatening him. Anyhow, the police stopped by next door, and at this time my mom was in the shower. My dad looked out the window and instantly figured that Willie had called the police. My dad thought that instead of waiting for the police to knock on the door, he'd just go over and talk to them instead.
When my dad got over to the police car, Willie was running his mouth a mile a minute, going on and on about how my dad threatened him. So the police basically saw this hot head lunatic accusing my very quiet, mild mannered father of threatening him. My dad very calmly explained what really happened, along with saying that we have multiple problems with Willie on almost a daily basis. My dad also told them that he had no doubt that Willie was just looking for a reason to call the police, and obviously knew my mother wasn't threatening him. At this point Willie started screaming and yelling about my dad being a liar, in which, one of the police officers told Willie that "If you don't shut up and stop screaming we're going to arrest you and take you down town! Is that what you want us to do? If not, I suggest you shut up!"
Well, Willie was put in his place, as usual. The police also, yet again, took my parents side in the manner. It wasn't too long after the police left that Willie got in his car and left. Ever since then he's been pretty quiet when he's next door, but I have no doubt that he'll start his craziness in due time. When this insanity will ever end, I have no idea, but it is getting on my last nerve!
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sunday, December 9, 2007
More Christmas Craziness
Thanks for the nice thoughts sent my way everyone! I am feeling a little less stressed about things :)
Yesterday evening my mom and I put up the Christmas tree. Boy was that a lot of work! I always feel such a sense of accomplishment once we've assembled the thing. It is quite a massive tree, so it always takes quite a bit of work. Plus add in the fact that the thing is incredibly dusty (how it gets so dusty when it spends 11 months in a zipped up vinyl bag is beyond me!) and my mom taking a million breaks, and it gets a bit annoying.
After assembling it I always feel the biggest urge to do nothing but wash my hands, because like I said, the thing is dusty! My mom was complaining like she always does that the tree smelled like dust, and then spent the greater part of half an hour searching for some pine scent spray stuff she bought for the tree. Of course she can't remember where she put it! Finally, just to get her to stop complaining, I sprayed the tree down with Oust spray! Yes, it is dusty, but it really just needs to air out. I honestly don't know how the smell of dust bothers her when she is a smoker. In fact, I'm sure much of the dust on the tree is a result of her smoking in the house.
Ah well. We haven't even gotten to the point of putting any lights or decorations up, because it was late by the time we got done putting the tree up. We're planning on doing the rest this afternoon. I'll take pictures at some point and either add them here or to my photo blog.
******
Friday evening, my mom had another run in with Groundskeeper Willie. The guy is a total nut job. I would be worried about him feeding things to the dogs, but I know that both of them would be extremely reluctant to approach anything he might drop over the fence at them. I'm not even sure what exactly started the little spat between my mom and Willie Friday night. I think he must have been yelling at one of the dogs again, because it resulted in my mom yelling at him to shut up. After she told him to shut up, he responded with something about my mom "wishing she could have him." At this point, my mother was really pissed off and retorted with "I've got a news flash for you, no woman on this Earth would touch you with a ten foot pole!" Yes, the maturity was just overwhelming, wasn't it? He then replied with "Are you threatening me?" In which, my mother's final response was "You f**king idiot! Can't you tell the difference between an insult and a threat?"
If only it could have ended there. But of course it couldn't end there! Why could life be so easy?? Willie decided to call the police on my parents, probably in his minds as payback for all the times my mom has called the police on him. Even though my mom was the one who spoke to him, he decided that it would sound pretty silly to tell the police that he felt threatened by a 115 lb woman. So instead, of course, he told them that my dad had been threatening him. I guess he figured it would sound more realistic if a 200 lb black man had been threatening him. Anyhow, the police stopped by next door, and at this time my mom was in the shower. My dad looked out the window and instantly figured that Willie had called the police. My dad thought that instead of waiting for the police to knock on the door, he'd just go over and talk to them instead.
When my dad got over to the police car, Willie was running his mouth a mile a minute, going on and on about how my dad threatened him. So the police basically saw this hot head lunatic accusing my very quiet, mild mannered father of threatening him. My dad very calmly explained what really happened, along with saying that we have multiple problems with Willie on almost a daily basis. My dad also told them that he had no doubt that Willie was just looking for a reason to call the police, and obviously knew my mother wasn't threatening him. At this point Willie started screaming and yelling about my dad being a liar, in which, one of the police officers told Willie that "If you don't shut up and stop screaming we're going to arrest you and take you down town! Is that what you want us to do? If not, I suggest you shut up!"
Well, Willie was put in his place, as usual. The police also, yet again, took my parents side in the manner. It wasn't too long after the police left that Willie got in his car and left. Ever since then he's been pretty quiet when he's next door, but I have no doubt that he'll start his craziness in due time. When this insanity will ever end, I have no idea, but it is getting on my last nerve!
Yesterday evening my mom and I put up the Christmas tree. Boy was that a lot of work! I always feel such a sense of accomplishment once we've assembled the thing. It is quite a massive tree, so it always takes quite a bit of work. Plus add in the fact that the thing is incredibly dusty (how it gets so dusty when it spends 11 months in a zipped up vinyl bag is beyond me!) and my mom taking a million breaks, and it gets a bit annoying.
After assembling it I always feel the biggest urge to do nothing but wash my hands, because like I said, the thing is dusty! My mom was complaining like she always does that the tree smelled like dust, and then spent the greater part of half an hour searching for some pine scent spray stuff she bought for the tree. Of course she can't remember where she put it! Finally, just to get her to stop complaining, I sprayed the tree down with Oust spray! Yes, it is dusty, but it really just needs to air out. I honestly don't know how the smell of dust bothers her when she is a smoker. In fact, I'm sure much of the dust on the tree is a result of her smoking in the house.
Ah well. We haven't even gotten to the point of putting any lights or decorations up, because it was late by the time we got done putting the tree up. We're planning on doing the rest this afternoon. I'll take pictures at some point and either add them here or to my photo blog.
******
Friday evening, my mom had another run in with Groundskeeper Willie. The guy is a total nut job. I would be worried about him feeding things to the dogs, but I know that both of them would be extremely reluctant to approach anything he might drop over the fence at them. I'm not even sure what exactly started the little spat between my mom and Willie Friday night. I think he must have been yelling at one of the dogs again, because it resulted in my mom yelling at him to shut up. After she told him to shut up, he responded with something about my mom "wishing she could have him." At this point, my mother was really pissed off and retorted with "I've got a news flash for you, no woman on this Earth would touch you with a ten foot pole!" Yes, the maturity was just overwhelming, wasn't it? He then replied with "Are you threatening me?" In which, my mother's final response was "You f**king idiot! Can't you tell the difference between an insult and a threat?"
If only it could have ended there. But of course it couldn't end there! Why could life be so easy?? Willie decided to call the police on my parents, probably in his minds as payback for all the times my mom has called the police on him. Even though my mom was the one who spoke to him, he decided that it would sound pretty silly to tell the police that he felt threatened by a 115 lb woman. So instead, of course, he told them that my dad had been threatening him. I guess he figured it would sound more realistic if a 200 lb black man had been threatening him. Anyhow, the police stopped by next door, and at this time my mom was in the shower. My dad looked out the window and instantly figured that Willie had called the police. My dad thought that instead of waiting for the police to knock on the door, he'd just go over and talk to them instead.
When my dad got over to the police car, Willie was running his mouth a mile a minute, going on and on about how my dad threatened him. So the police basically saw this hot head lunatic accusing my very quiet, mild mannered father of threatening him. My dad very calmly explained what really happened, along with saying that we have multiple problems with Willie on almost a daily basis. My dad also told them that he had no doubt that Willie was just looking for a reason to call the police, and obviously knew my mother wasn't threatening him. At this point Willie started screaming and yelling about my dad being a liar, in which, one of the police officers told Willie that "If you don't shut up and stop screaming we're going to arrest you and take you down town! Is that what you want us to do? If not, I suggest you shut up!"
Well, Willie was put in his place, as usual. The police also, yet again, took my parents side in the manner. It wasn't too long after the police left that Willie got in his car and left. Ever since then he's been pretty quiet when he's next door, but I have no doubt that he'll start his craziness in due time. When this insanity will ever end, I have no idea, but it is getting on my last nerve!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment