Ah this weekend was full of D*R*A*M*A! And this weekend really rolls right on in to today, for that matter. The short version is that I had my performances of the Holiday Pops this weekend. The Pops concerts went off without a hitch, which is more than I can say for the world around me. My mom had already decided not to go to my concerts because of her ear infection (see previous entry). That was fine with me, but she continued to make a big deal out of it, saying over and over that she was sorry, and that she'd be sure to watch it on live tv. Okay, great, fine. Well, Saturday evening came, and my sister called to say she couldn't come because of the snow we were supposed to get later that evening. (We ended up with six inches here.) Okay, that's fine too. Seriously, I wasn't upset or even that bummed over it. I only got upset when my mom started on her anxiety "I'm going to die from my ear infection" moment. Literally, as I was leaving out of the house, a mere 10 minutes before my call time, I could hear my mother upstairs in a hushed voice, trying to talk my dad in to not going to my concert! She wanted him to stay at home with her, I guess in case she actually croaked. I could hear my dad get upset with her, saying "We already spent all that money on the tickets! It's bad enough that Tiffany isn't coming, but I'm planning on going to a concert tonight!"
So at this moment, I just got really upset with the situation. I was just so irritated by my mother! I realize that she's having some serious panic/anxiety moments, but she refuses to listen to reason. She would rather go off on random tangents about the fact that one day she "won't be here" than listen to reason. She walks around acting like everyone is supposed to feel sorry for her and confirm the ridiculous ideas she walks around with. I just boiled over and started yelling at her. I couldn't help it, all my anger and frustration of dealing with her over the last month just came pouring out of me. I ended up getting to my concert almost half an hour late for my call time because my mother and I were arguing. Ahh! And then of course all the old biddies in the choir were like "where were you? We thought you were going to be a no show!" Ah, at that point, I knew I was still red in the face because I could still feel the heat coming off my face, and I just wanted to tell those old ladies to bite me! (No, I didn't tell them to bite me, I just really, really wanted to.) Later on that evening, when my dad and I arrived home, my mom was back to her normal self. It seems that anger is the one thing that can drive her back to her normal self, because she took great pleasure in giving us both the silent treatment. (Little did she know, the greatest gift she could give me was to not speak to me!) It did kind of suck that for most of my concert, my brain was wandering back to the argument we had. I guess one good thing about rehearsing things to death is that it allows you to go on autopilot after you've actually learned it.
To add the cherry to the whole thing, on Sunday, I could barely drive my little car through all the snow to get to my next concert. Then, in the parking lot, this woman who was in front of me had drove completely down the aisle looking for a parking space. She had turned the corner, driving past the very last parking space. As I was driving behind her, I saw her after she had turned the corner starting to back up her car. There was a truck coming towards her, and with the snow being plowed in to big piles, there was no room for two cars to go through. Instead of backing up myself (there was another car behind me and therefore no room really to back up), I just decided to pull in to that last open parking space. While I was parking, the woman continued to back up, back in to the aisle. When I got out of the car, instead of moving her car, she was just looking at me, giving me a dirty look, like I stole her parking space! I mean seriously! Apparently she thought she'd back up and get the space she had just drove past. I'm sorry, but if you not only drive past a parking spot, but then turn the corner to go to the next aisle, you have given up your claim on that spot. I just looked at her like "bitch please!" and continued to walk towards the building. I mean seriously! Of course, for most of the Sunday concert, that little incident was what was on my mind.
******
Okay, on to the real point of my blog. Since the year is coming to an end, I wanted to kind of touch on some things to wrap up my year. One of the things I have enjoyed this year are guilty pleasures. I'm going to list a few of them in no particular order.
Pink is the New Blog. At times I've loved Pink, at other times, I've found myself bored with it. But it occurred to me about half an hour ago how much I love it, when I found this shocking little tid bit on Yahoo! Trent at Pink wasted no time not only confirming the story, but adding more detail than Yahoo! managed. Big ups to Pink.
Gossip Girl. Yes, so I've heard it's like an upper East Side version of the OC, but I can't help but love it anyhow. I have to admit, I love (most) of the fashions. The show is not overly complicated, and a little on the fluff side, but that is probably why I like it. Not everything needs to be so deep.
90's music. On January 1st, 1990, I was seven years old. On December 31st, 1999, I was 17 years old. I was born in the 80s and remember a good amount of it, but I was a teenage of the 90's. All of the music of the 90's just brings back all kinds of fun memories. I remember going through a phase where I just loved Mariah Carey and Whitney pre-crack is wack Houston. (I still love Mariah, I can not lie.) I also went through a phase in high school where I began listening to more rock/alternative/indie stuff. I loved Jewel and Matchbox Twenty, the Goo Goo Dolls, and my favorite probably was Third Eye Blind. All these artists can be found on my iPod. The influence of that music is probably why I love John Mayer so much now. So my love of 90's music is why I'm so excited that my sister got us tickets to see the Spice Girls in February. I've been YouTubing the Spice Girls like crazy lately.
Crap reality shows, Okay, I know I've shared my love of Survivor and the Amazing Race, and America's Next Top Model before. But, I don't have guilt in watching those shoes. I really like the competitive side to each of those shows. What I do have some guilt in watching is some of the more craptastic shows. Like, I really like Shot at Love with Tila Tequila, the Real World, and I Love New York 2. Okay, I admit it. I like a bit of crap tv. This is beyond the fluff of Gossip Girl, this is just purely amusing.
Facebook. I am only guilty about Facebook because I am on it all the freaking time! I even got my account set up to get a text message when someone posts on my wall. (Honestly, it is super annoying to hear your phone go off at 2am because your friend posted "Hey What's Up???" on your wall. Don't set it up, I'm trying to figure out how to undo it!). I think I probably peek at Facebook at least ten times a day. Maybe I should set a new year's resolution to only look at Facebook once per day.
******
:) I'll post pictures later this week, as I'm quite proud of my little tinsel Christmas tree, and I'm sure my sis's birthday will provide fun pictures.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Some Not So Guilty Pleasures
Ah this weekend was full of D*R*A*M*A! And this weekend really rolls right on in to today, for that matter. The short version is that I had my performances of the Holiday Pops this weekend. The Pops concerts went off without a hitch, which is more than I can say for the world around me. My mom had already decided not to go to my concerts because of her ear infection (see previous entry). That was fine with me, but she continued to make a big deal out of it, saying over and over that she was sorry, and that she'd be sure to watch it on live tv. Okay, great, fine. Well, Saturday evening came, and my sister called to say she couldn't come because of the snow we were supposed to get later that evening. (We ended up with six inches here.) Okay, that's fine too. Seriously, I wasn't upset or even that bummed over it. I only got upset when my mom started on her anxiety "I'm going to die from my ear infection" moment. Literally, as I was leaving out of the house, a mere 10 minutes before my call time, I could hear my mother upstairs in a hushed voice, trying to talk my dad in to not going to my concert! She wanted him to stay at home with her, I guess in case she actually croaked. I could hear my dad get upset with her, saying "We already spent all that money on the tickets! It's bad enough that Tiffany isn't coming, but I'm planning on going to a concert tonight!"
So at this moment, I just got really upset with the situation. I was just so irritated by my mother! I realize that she's having some serious panic/anxiety moments, but she refuses to listen to reason. She would rather go off on random tangents about the fact that one day she "won't be here" than listen to reason. She walks around acting like everyone is supposed to feel sorry for her and confirm the ridiculous ideas she walks around with. I just boiled over and started yelling at her. I couldn't help it, all my anger and frustration of dealing with her over the last month just came pouring out of me. I ended up getting to my concert almost half an hour late for my call time because my mother and I were arguing. Ahh! And then of course all the old biddies in the choir were like "where were you? We thought you were going to be a no show!" Ah, at that point, I knew I was still red in the face because I could still feel the heat coming off my face, and I just wanted to tell those old ladies to bite me! (No, I didn't tell them to bite me, I just really, really wanted to.) Later on that evening, when my dad and I arrived home, my mom was back to her normal self. It seems that anger is the one thing that can drive her back to her normal self, because she took great pleasure in giving us both the silent treatment. (Little did she know, the greatest gift she could give me was to not speak to me!) It did kind of suck that for most of my concert, my brain was wandering back to the argument we had. I guess one good thing about rehearsing things to death is that it allows you to go on autopilot after you've actually learned it.
To add the cherry to the whole thing, on Sunday, I could barely drive my little car through all the snow to get to my next concert. Then, in the parking lot, this woman who was in front of me had drove completely down the aisle looking for a parking space. She had turned the corner, driving past the very last parking space. As I was driving behind her, I saw her after she had turned the corner starting to back up her car. There was a truck coming towards her, and with the snow being plowed in to big piles, there was no room for two cars to go through. Instead of backing up myself (there was another car behind me and therefore no room really to back up), I just decided to pull in to that last open parking space. While I was parking, the woman continued to back up, back in to the aisle. When I got out of the car, instead of moving her car, she was just looking at me, giving me a dirty look, like I stole her parking space! I mean seriously! Apparently she thought she'd back up and get the space she had just drove past. I'm sorry, but if you not only drive past a parking spot, but then turn the corner to go to the next aisle, you have given up your claim on that spot. I just looked at her like "bitch please!" and continued to walk towards the building. I mean seriously! Of course, for most of the Sunday concert, that little incident was what was on my mind.
******
Okay, on to the real point of my blog. Since the year is coming to an end, I wanted to kind of touch on some things to wrap up my year. One of the things I have enjoyed this year are guilty pleasures. I'm going to list a few of them in no particular order.
Pink is the New Blog. At times I've loved Pink, at other times, I've found myself bored with it. But it occurred to me about half an hour ago how much I love it, when I found this shocking little tid bit on Yahoo! Trent at Pink wasted no time not only confirming the story, but adding more detail than Yahoo! managed. Big ups to Pink.
Gossip Girl. Yes, so I've heard it's like an upper East Side version of the OC, but I can't help but love it anyhow. I have to admit, I love (most) of the fashions. The show is not overly complicated, and a little on the fluff side, but that is probably why I like it. Not everything needs to be so deep.
90's music. On January 1st, 1990, I was seven years old. On December 31st, 1999, I was 17 years old. I was born in the 80s and remember a good amount of it, but I was a teenage of the 90's. All of the music of the 90's just brings back all kinds of fun memories. I remember going through a phase where I just loved Mariah Carey and Whitney pre-crack is wack Houston. (I still love Mariah, I can not lie.) I also went through a phase in high school where I began listening to more rock/alternative/indie stuff. I loved Jewel and Matchbox Twenty, the Goo Goo Dolls, and my favorite probably was Third Eye Blind. All these artists can be found on my iPod. The influence of that music is probably why I love John Mayer so much now. So my love of 90's music is why I'm so excited that my sister got us tickets to see the Spice Girls in February. I've been YouTubing the Spice Girls like crazy lately.
Crap reality shows, Okay, I know I've shared my love of Survivor and the Amazing Race, and America's Next Top Model before. But, I don't have guilt in watching those shoes. I really like the competitive side to each of those shows. What I do have some guilt in watching is some of the more craptastic shows. Like, I really like Shot at Love with Tila Tequila, the Real World, and I Love New York 2. Okay, I admit it. I like a bit of crap tv. This is beyond the fluff of Gossip Girl, this is just purely amusing.
Facebook. I am only guilty about Facebook because I am on it all the freaking time! I even got my account set up to get a text message when someone posts on my wall. (Honestly, it is super annoying to hear your phone go off at 2am because your friend posted "Hey What's Up???" on your wall. Don't set it up, I'm trying to figure out how to undo it!). I think I probably peek at Facebook at least ten times a day. Maybe I should set a new year's resolution to only look at Facebook once per day.
******
:) I'll post pictures later this week, as I'm quite proud of my little tinsel Christmas tree, and I'm sure my sis's birthday will provide fun pictures.
So at this moment, I just got really upset with the situation. I was just so irritated by my mother! I realize that she's having some serious panic/anxiety moments, but she refuses to listen to reason. She would rather go off on random tangents about the fact that one day she "won't be here" than listen to reason. She walks around acting like everyone is supposed to feel sorry for her and confirm the ridiculous ideas she walks around with. I just boiled over and started yelling at her. I couldn't help it, all my anger and frustration of dealing with her over the last month just came pouring out of me. I ended up getting to my concert almost half an hour late for my call time because my mother and I were arguing. Ahh! And then of course all the old biddies in the choir were like "where were you? We thought you were going to be a no show!" Ah, at that point, I knew I was still red in the face because I could still feel the heat coming off my face, and I just wanted to tell those old ladies to bite me! (No, I didn't tell them to bite me, I just really, really wanted to.) Later on that evening, when my dad and I arrived home, my mom was back to her normal self. It seems that anger is the one thing that can drive her back to her normal self, because she took great pleasure in giving us both the silent treatment. (Little did she know, the greatest gift she could give me was to not speak to me!) It did kind of suck that for most of my concert, my brain was wandering back to the argument we had. I guess one good thing about rehearsing things to death is that it allows you to go on autopilot after you've actually learned it.
To add the cherry to the whole thing, on Sunday, I could barely drive my little car through all the snow to get to my next concert. Then, in the parking lot, this woman who was in front of me had drove completely down the aisle looking for a parking space. She had turned the corner, driving past the very last parking space. As I was driving behind her, I saw her after she had turned the corner starting to back up her car. There was a truck coming towards her, and with the snow being plowed in to big piles, there was no room for two cars to go through. Instead of backing up myself (there was another car behind me and therefore no room really to back up), I just decided to pull in to that last open parking space. While I was parking, the woman continued to back up, back in to the aisle. When I got out of the car, instead of moving her car, she was just looking at me, giving me a dirty look, like I stole her parking space! I mean seriously! Apparently she thought she'd back up and get the space she had just drove past. I'm sorry, but if you not only drive past a parking spot, but then turn the corner to go to the next aisle, you have given up your claim on that spot. I just looked at her like "bitch please!" and continued to walk towards the building. I mean seriously! Of course, for most of the Sunday concert, that little incident was what was on my mind.
******
Okay, on to the real point of my blog. Since the year is coming to an end, I wanted to kind of touch on some things to wrap up my year. One of the things I have enjoyed this year are guilty pleasures. I'm going to list a few of them in no particular order.
Pink is the New Blog. At times I've loved Pink, at other times, I've found myself bored with it. But it occurred to me about half an hour ago how much I love it, when I found this shocking little tid bit on Yahoo! Trent at Pink wasted no time not only confirming the story, but adding more detail than Yahoo! managed. Big ups to Pink.
Gossip Girl. Yes, so I've heard it's like an upper East Side version of the OC, but I can't help but love it anyhow. I have to admit, I love (most) of the fashions. The show is not overly complicated, and a little on the fluff side, but that is probably why I like it. Not everything needs to be so deep.
90's music. On January 1st, 1990, I was seven years old. On December 31st, 1999, I was 17 years old. I was born in the 80s and remember a good amount of it, but I was a teenage of the 90's. All of the music of the 90's just brings back all kinds of fun memories. I remember going through a phase where I just loved Mariah Carey and Whitney pre-crack is wack Houston. (I still love Mariah, I can not lie.) I also went through a phase in high school where I began listening to more rock/alternative/indie stuff. I loved Jewel and Matchbox Twenty, the Goo Goo Dolls, and my favorite probably was Third Eye Blind. All these artists can be found on my iPod. The influence of that music is probably why I love John Mayer so much now. So my love of 90's music is why I'm so excited that my sister got us tickets to see the Spice Girls in February. I've been YouTubing the Spice Girls like crazy lately.
Crap reality shows, Okay, I know I've shared my love of Survivor and the Amazing Race, and America's Next Top Model before. But, I don't have guilt in watching those shoes. I really like the competitive side to each of those shows. What I do have some guilt in watching is some of the more craptastic shows. Like, I really like Shot at Love with Tila Tequila, the Real World, and I Love New York 2. Okay, I admit it. I like a bit of crap tv. This is beyond the fluff of Gossip Girl, this is just purely amusing.
Facebook. I am only guilty about Facebook because I am on it all the freaking time! I even got my account set up to get a text message when someone posts on my wall. (Honestly, it is super annoying to hear your phone go off at 2am because your friend posted "Hey What's Up???" on your wall. Don't set it up, I'm trying to figure out how to undo it!). I think I probably peek at Facebook at least ten times a day. Maybe I should set a new year's resolution to only look at Facebook once per day.
******
:) I'll post pictures later this week, as I'm quite proud of my little tinsel Christmas tree, and I'm sure my sis's birthday will provide fun pictures.
1 comment:
-
Anonymous said...
-
Thanks for your post today at my blog. It helps to know tha tI'm not the only one that seems a bit lost at times!
-
9:32 PM EST
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for your post today at my blog. It helps to know tha tI'm not the only one that seems a bit lost at times!
Post a Comment