This was at my "pre-birthday Birthday Party dinner" :) This is my friend from high school, Shannon, and her husband John.
Oh my god the jokes we had going all night long! This is another friend from high school, Andrea (in red), and to the right is my sister Tiffany.
That's me on the left (of course) in my too fabulous birthday outfit (my sis thought it was great fun to try to throw oyster crackers down my blouse), and my very bestest friend in the world, Bernadette (she's been my BFF since we were seven years old).
Here are me and the girls as we were leaving the restaurant and about to go see the movie "27 Dresses." Notice we made John take the photo! Haha! I decided to go against the trend and wear a cream colored coat. Hehe.
Yeah, needless to say Saturday night was soooo much fun! It was exactly what I wanted for my birthday this year. Nothing too crazy or over the top. 26 isn't really that exciting of a birthday, so I just wanted to hang out with the girls, and totally do a girl's night out. We had a blast too! The great thing about having friends that you've known for years is that you can totally bring up things that no one has thought about in years and suddenly you're laughing so hard you're crying. We had non-stop jokes all night long, like my sister saying if I kept flashing my "goodies" like that I wasn't going to get a boyfriend in no time... and the waiter who oddly resembled the blonde headed butler from Rocky Horror Picture Show, that only filled Andrea's water glass up a 1/4 of the way full. (We think perhaps he had some cognitive difficulities, and the best quote of the night came when we were all trying not to laugh at Andrea's quarter glass of water, and Andrea said "I know what you guys are thinking... don't even say it... bitches!" Hahaha.)
27 Dresses was a really cute movie, too. Not Oscar worthy, but if you're looking for a totally cute chick flick, it is a great movie. And how hot is James Marsden in that movie? Yikes! There is this great scene in the film where they are all drunkenly singing "Benny and the Jets" and I can tell you I was singing Benny and the Jets all night long! After the movies, we all ended up going our seperate ways, but not before I got some great gifts! Shannon got me a super cute brown hobo purse, Bernadette got me a gift card and a bouquet of flowers, and my sister gave me, among other things, the cutest Hello Kitty no-sew blanket that she proudly made for me.
And then of course there was yesterday! I went down to East Lansing to have my last day of 25 outing with my friends Lauren and Dan. Lauren is still in school at Michigan State, and Dan went and got himself a big kid job as a professor at Grand Valley State University. Sometimes Dan totally gets on my nerves, but yesterday he was being a pretty good sport and we had lots of fun. We walked all around East Lansing and the Michigan State campus (really glad I thought twice about wearing my new Michigan hoodie!!! Blue and Maize is not appreciated in Spartan territory). It was super cold, and we stopped numerous times for hot drinks... which was a mistake on my part as the caffeine kept me up all hours of the night. (I will blog about that tomorrow!) We stepped in to a Barnes and Noble, and Dan found the most hillarious book ever! It was a Ted Nugent book all about how to cook wild game and road kill. LOL Here is the picture of that below.
That's Lauren's thumb up of approval. It's a bit blurry because I didn't have my flash on, but I still think it's a pretty awesome picture.
So now today, I'm taking it pretty easy. I decided not to work today (thank god! I got noooo sleep), and I've just been chilling out. I got the annual "So how does it feel to be an old lady?" call from my gramma, and lots of calls from other people (including my boss Adrian, which will be blogged about tomorrow.) I'm just going to enjoy a nice dinner here with my parents, and my lovely marble birthday cake :) All in all, it's a good day. Maybe 26 won't be so bad afterall.
| Your Birthdate: January 22 |
![]() You tend to be understated and under appreciated. You have a hidden force to do amazing things, doing them your own way. People may see you as strange and shy, but they know little. Your unconventional ways have more power than they (and even you) know. Your strength: Standing up for what you know is true Your weakness: You tend to be picky and rigid Your power color: Silver Your power symbol: Square Your power month: April |

2 comments:
Looks like you had a blast! And you looked fabulous darling. =)
Happy (late) birthday!! It looks like you had fun! I want to see 27 Dresses.
Post a Comment