I'm in such a springtime mood today! Too bad the weather isn't really reflecting that. :( I'm wearing my lighter colored blue jeans, a pink off the shoulder sweater, and a teal/aqua/baby blue kind of colored tank top underneath. I remember very clearly as a kid eating a bubble gum flavored popsicle that was the exact shades of pink and blue that I'm wearing today. I think I'm going to get started on some spring cleaning today. I clearly won't get through all of it, but I think it would be a good spirit lifter to get some of it started.
This has been a pretty quiet week so far, but I am really enjoying that! On Friday, my friend Andrea hosted a "Girls' Night" party at her house. She bought her first house a little over a year ago, and she had yet to invite us all over! It's really due to the fact that she works so much, and then spends the rest of her free time at her parents house. Now personally, if I had my own house, I wouldn't be hanging out here so much... but she likes to hang out with her sisters. So anyhow, finally, after a year, we finally had a get together at her house. We had planned on having a movie night, but it didn't really work out that way. Instead, we spent the entire night sitting in her kitchen, stuffing our faces with pizza and mixed drinks, giggling our way through the night. We had so much fun!!!
We talked about everything, from my friend Bernadine's boob job (Bernadine decided to flash us all her boobs... which was pretty shocking to me! The last time I saw Bernadine naked was when we were probably about 10 or 11, prior to any boobage), to my friend Shannon's husband being a neat freak, to our old tennis coach in high school. My friends of course also decided that it was time to "find Tamara a date." Yeah, lol I'll let you guys know how that goes. In the end we all had so much fun that we've decided we're going to make these get togethers a regular thing. From now on, at least once a month we're having Girls' Night. I think we consider ourselves our own little real life "Sex and the City" type of gang. Well, a much younger, less fashionable gang, haha.
Yesterday my choir rehearsal was canceled. Actually our April performance with the Flint Symphony Orchestra was canceled, due to problems getting the musical score. Apparently the orchestra manager ordered the choral parts back in August, but the company that supplies the music kept giving the run around with the music. When it finally did come in, there was no choral music! It was the full orchestral part, which believe me when I say, was a nightmare to receive. So in the end, this great piece that the FSO was going to do will not be performed at the season finale concert, and that also means the Flint Festival Chorus will not have a final concert. I would be sad about it, but quite frankly all I've done this season is complain about rehearsal and some of the old biddies in the choir, so I'm not too torn up over it. The women of the chorus will be performing with the FSO in March, so there are still a few more rehearsals left.
The great thing about yesterday is that I didn't really inform anyone (like my parents or friends) that I didn't have rehearsal. I got ready at the usual time and even grabbed my music folder for effect. I decided that I was going to take the opportunity to have some me time. I took care of a few errands, such as going to Target and the gas station (I got the cutest leather wallet at Target that matches my purse well). After that I found myself wandering in to Borders. I had a great time just wandering through all the books! I got an orange mango smoothie while I was there, and just sipped it while picking up books here and there.
I ended up buying "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle, and "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult. The Tolle book is this book Oprah has been promoting as of late. It is supposedly this inspirational book that will help you to look at your life in a new light, and help you to be content and live in the "now." I'm not usually one for those type of books, but seeing as I haven't been content for the last few years, I figured why not give it a whirl? As for the Picoult, I've never read any of her books. My friend goes on and on about all of her novels, so I thought I'd try one to see what the hype is about. I'll let you guys know what I think!
Well, that's life as of right now. I'm purposely spending a quiet week giving some very deep thoughts to what I'd like to do in regards to grad school. I'm not really ready to share those thoughts yet, but I will soon enough. I'm hoping to end February on a nice, quiet, happy note. On February 29th some of my friends and I are getting together to see the new Will Ferrell movie "Semi Pro." The setting of the film is 1970's Flint, so we're all anxious to see how some of our hometown has been humorously portrayed.
Ooh! I see spell check is working again! :)
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
"Sex and the City of Flint" Gang
I'm in such a springtime mood today! Too bad the weather isn't really reflecting that. :( I'm wearing my lighter colored blue jeans, a pink off the shoulder sweater, and a teal/aqua/baby blue kind of colored tank top underneath. I remember very clearly as a kid eating a bubble gum flavored popsicle that was the exact shades of pink and blue that I'm wearing today. I think I'm going to get started on some spring cleaning today. I clearly won't get through all of it, but I think it would be a good spirit lifter to get some of it started.
This has been a pretty quiet week so far, but I am really enjoying that! On Friday, my friend Andrea hosted a "Girls' Night" party at her house. She bought her first house a little over a year ago, and she had yet to invite us all over! It's really due to the fact that she works so much, and then spends the rest of her free time at her parents house. Now personally, if I had my own house, I wouldn't be hanging out here so much... but she likes to hang out with her sisters. So anyhow, finally, after a year, we finally had a get together at her house. We had planned on having a movie night, but it didn't really work out that way. Instead, we spent the entire night sitting in her kitchen, stuffing our faces with pizza and mixed drinks, giggling our way through the night. We had so much fun!!!
We talked about everything, from my friend Bernadine's boob job (Bernadine decided to flash us all her boobs... which was pretty shocking to me! The last time I saw Bernadine naked was when we were probably about 10 or 11, prior to any boobage), to my friend Shannon's husband being a neat freak, to our old tennis coach in high school. My friends of course also decided that it was time to "find Tamara a date." Yeah, lol I'll let you guys know how that goes. In the end we all had so much fun that we've decided we're going to make these get togethers a regular thing. From now on, at least once a month we're having Girls' Night. I think we consider ourselves our own little real life "Sex and the City" type of gang. Well, a much younger, less fashionable gang, haha.
Yesterday my choir rehearsal was canceled. Actually our April performance with the Flint Symphony Orchestra was canceled, due to problems getting the musical score. Apparently the orchestra manager ordered the choral parts back in August, but the company that supplies the music kept giving the run around with the music. When it finally did come in, there was no choral music! It was the full orchestral part, which believe me when I say, was a nightmare to receive. So in the end, this great piece that the FSO was going to do will not be performed at the season finale concert, and that also means the Flint Festival Chorus will not have a final concert. I would be sad about it, but quite frankly all I've done this season is complain about rehearsal and some of the old biddies in the choir, so I'm not too torn up over it. The women of the chorus will be performing with the FSO in March, so there are still a few more rehearsals left.
The great thing about yesterday is that I didn't really inform anyone (like my parents or friends) that I didn't have rehearsal. I got ready at the usual time and even grabbed my music folder for effect. I decided that I was going to take the opportunity to have some me time. I took care of a few errands, such as going to Target and the gas station (I got the cutest leather wallet at Target that matches my purse well). After that I found myself wandering in to Borders. I had a great time just wandering through all the books! I got an orange mango smoothie while I was there, and just sipped it while picking up books here and there.
I ended up buying "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle, and "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult. The Tolle book is this book Oprah has been promoting as of late. It is supposedly this inspirational book that will help you to look at your life in a new light, and help you to be content and live in the "now." I'm not usually one for those type of books, but seeing as I haven't been content for the last few years, I figured why not give it a whirl? As for the Picoult, I've never read any of her books. My friend goes on and on about all of her novels, so I thought I'd try one to see what the hype is about. I'll let you guys know what I think!
Well, that's life as of right now. I'm purposely spending a quiet week giving some very deep thoughts to what I'd like to do in regards to grad school. I'm not really ready to share those thoughts yet, but I will soon enough. I'm hoping to end February on a nice, quiet, happy note. On February 29th some of my friends and I are getting together to see the new Will Ferrell movie "Semi Pro." The setting of the film is 1970's Flint, so we're all anxious to see how some of our hometown has been humorously portrayed.
Ooh! I see spell check is working again! :)
This has been a pretty quiet week so far, but I am really enjoying that! On Friday, my friend Andrea hosted a "Girls' Night" party at her house. She bought her first house a little over a year ago, and she had yet to invite us all over! It's really due to the fact that she works so much, and then spends the rest of her free time at her parents house. Now personally, if I had my own house, I wouldn't be hanging out here so much... but she likes to hang out with her sisters. So anyhow, finally, after a year, we finally had a get together at her house. We had planned on having a movie night, but it didn't really work out that way. Instead, we spent the entire night sitting in her kitchen, stuffing our faces with pizza and mixed drinks, giggling our way through the night. We had so much fun!!!
We talked about everything, from my friend Bernadine's boob job (Bernadine decided to flash us all her boobs... which was pretty shocking to me! The last time I saw Bernadine naked was when we were probably about 10 or 11, prior to any boobage), to my friend Shannon's husband being a neat freak, to our old tennis coach in high school. My friends of course also decided that it was time to "find Tamara a date." Yeah, lol I'll let you guys know how that goes. In the end we all had so much fun that we've decided we're going to make these get togethers a regular thing. From now on, at least once a month we're having Girls' Night. I think we consider ourselves our own little real life "Sex and the City" type of gang. Well, a much younger, less fashionable gang, haha.
Yesterday my choir rehearsal was canceled. Actually our April performance with the Flint Symphony Orchestra was canceled, due to problems getting the musical score. Apparently the orchestra manager ordered the choral parts back in August, but the company that supplies the music kept giving the run around with the music. When it finally did come in, there was no choral music! It was the full orchestral part, which believe me when I say, was a nightmare to receive. So in the end, this great piece that the FSO was going to do will not be performed at the season finale concert, and that also means the Flint Festival Chorus will not have a final concert. I would be sad about it, but quite frankly all I've done this season is complain about rehearsal and some of the old biddies in the choir, so I'm not too torn up over it. The women of the chorus will be performing with the FSO in March, so there are still a few more rehearsals left.
The great thing about yesterday is that I didn't really inform anyone (like my parents or friends) that I didn't have rehearsal. I got ready at the usual time and even grabbed my music folder for effect. I decided that I was going to take the opportunity to have some me time. I took care of a few errands, such as going to Target and the gas station (I got the cutest leather wallet at Target that matches my purse well). After that I found myself wandering in to Borders. I had a great time just wandering through all the books! I got an orange mango smoothie while I was there, and just sipped it while picking up books here and there.
I ended up buying "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle, and "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult. The Tolle book is this book Oprah has been promoting as of late. It is supposedly this inspirational book that will help you to look at your life in a new light, and help you to be content and live in the "now." I'm not usually one for those type of books, but seeing as I haven't been content for the last few years, I figured why not give it a whirl? As for the Picoult, I've never read any of her books. My friend goes on and on about all of her novels, so I thought I'd try one to see what the hype is about. I'll let you guys know what I think!
Well, that's life as of right now. I'm purposely spending a quiet week giving some very deep thoughts to what I'd like to do in regards to grad school. I'm not really ready to share those thoughts yet, but I will soon enough. I'm hoping to end February on a nice, quiet, happy note. On February 29th some of my friends and I are getting together to see the new Will Ferrell movie "Semi Pro." The setting of the film is 1970's Flint, so we're all anxious to see how some of our hometown has been humorously portrayed.
Ooh! I see spell check is working again! :)
3 comments:
- Robin said...
-
Oh a girls night sounds like so much fun!
I keep hearing about "A New Earth." I'm not much of a reader, but I feel inclined to check it out. -
11:02 PM EST
-
Anonymous said...
-
Your girls night out sounds like something my girls and I do! Sounds like a great relaxing night. :)
-
11:36 PM EST
- Tamara said...
-
Robin, if you would like, I can mail you the book when I'm done.
-
2:52 PM EST
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh a girls night sounds like so much fun!
I keep hearing about "A New Earth." I'm not much of a reader, but I feel inclined to check it out.
Your girls night out sounds like something my girls and I do! Sounds like a great relaxing night. :)
Robin, if you would like, I can mail you the book when I'm done.
Post a Comment