Saturday, March 1, 2008

Just another Saturday, and a new template!

Doo dee doo... I'm changing my template this afternoon! If you have stopped by and see something strange going on (no links, a former template), it's just because I am in the process of working on things. I'll give you a little hint... my new template will be the same color scheme as my tagboard! :) So if you don't see something with those colors going on... I'm not done yet!

Actually I don't know how fast I'll be able to get my blog template up, because my mom has volunteered my help in cleaning up the basement. She's told me for the last few weeks that she and my dad were going to clean up the basement so that they could get all of the Christmas stuff put away properly. Somehow this has turned in to my dad watching some Jackie Chan movie and a game on tv, while I got dragged in to cleaning the basement. I don't mind helping my mom out, but it's funny that I am the one who gets suckered in to cleaning the laundry room when I'm generally the only one who makes it a point to clean up after myself down there! I always throw away lint and dryer sheets, and any empty bottles... but somehow it never never occurs to my parents to do that! I don't understand that either... my mom at least is generally a neat person (not a neat freak by any means, but she usually keeps everything clean), and yet there are like twenty million empty bottles of detergent, and a whole pile of lint just hanging out down there. She said she wanted to get started in another half hour or so, so maybe I will have time to get my template done. We'll see.

In other news, I know I blogged previously about signing up with a new company to do subbing. This company has been hired by multiple school districts in the county to take care of all the processes of finding subs and paying the subs, etc. I had only been subbing in the Flint schools, and I have really been getting tired of it as of late. Some schools are like palaces while others are falling apart, some schools enforce rules and dress code while others do not... and the district grossly over hired subs making finding a job almost impossible. I call the Subfinder line multiple times in a day only to not find a job. So needless to say, when I found out about this other company pretty much taking on all the other school districts in the county, I was impressed. Well, the company I'm referring to wasn't able to take over for these districts until today. So in the meanwhile I've still be exclusively with the Flint schools. I logged on to the company's website (yes, they let you not only call their sub line, but you can also check online for jobs) and there was just a laundry list of schools and jobs available for next week! Literally, it was no task at all for me to find a job for every day of the week! Now, I didn't take a job for Monday (choir rehearsal and a bunch of other errands and such), but I have job for Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. How sweet is that? I can actually now have a job that pays me well (well enough for the moment anyhow!) and I can actually work a full school week. I'm just glad to not be constantly off of work anymore!

And finally... tonight my sister, brother in law, friend, and I are going to go the movies to see "Semi Pro." Number one, we love a good Will Ferrell flick (even if it is totally stupid, sometimes you just need a purely stupid movie!), and number two, the movie's setting is Flint. I mean how awesome is that? It's not very often that our city is the backdrop of a movie, unless it's a Michael Moore documentary! Plus, I gotta say that I'm just excited to get out of the house to do something social, and a little movie theatre popcorn won't be bad either! You can see that my avatar is all ready to go! :)

2 comments:

Kirby said...

Cute template!

You will have to let me know how Semi Pro is because JOn and I have been talking about seeing it.

Robin said...

Very cute template!! That suck my lolly {sounds perverted} chick makes some good layouts. I'll have to use her eventually. :)

That is so awesome about subbing, too! I wish I had enough credits to be able to sub while I looked for a full-time job. :/

Semi Pro I'm sure will be hilarious. Most every Will Ferrell movie I've enjoyed. I just watched Taladaga {sp?} Nights last night.

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Just another Saturday, and a new template!

Doo dee doo... I'm changing my template this afternoon! If you have stopped by and see something strange going on (no links, a former template), it's just because I am in the process of working on things. I'll give you a little hint... my new template will be the same color scheme as my tagboard! :) So if you don't see something with those colors going on... I'm not done yet!

Actually I don't know how fast I'll be able to get my blog template up, because my mom has volunteered my help in cleaning up the basement. She's told me for the last few weeks that she and my dad were going to clean up the basement so that they could get all of the Christmas stuff put away properly. Somehow this has turned in to my dad watching some Jackie Chan movie and a game on tv, while I got dragged in to cleaning the basement. I don't mind helping my mom out, but it's funny that I am the one who gets suckered in to cleaning the laundry room when I'm generally the only one who makes it a point to clean up after myself down there! I always throw away lint and dryer sheets, and any empty bottles... but somehow it never never occurs to my parents to do that! I don't understand that either... my mom at least is generally a neat person (not a neat freak by any means, but she usually keeps everything clean), and yet there are like twenty million empty bottles of detergent, and a whole pile of lint just hanging out down there. She said she wanted to get started in another half hour or so, so maybe I will have time to get my template done. We'll see.

In other news, I know I blogged previously about signing up with a new company to do subbing. This company has been hired by multiple school districts in the county to take care of all the processes of finding subs and paying the subs, etc. I had only been subbing in the Flint schools, and I have really been getting tired of it as of late. Some schools are like palaces while others are falling apart, some schools enforce rules and dress code while others do not... and the district grossly over hired subs making finding a job almost impossible. I call the Subfinder line multiple times in a day only to not find a job. So needless to say, when I found out about this other company pretty much taking on all the other school districts in the county, I was impressed. Well, the company I'm referring to wasn't able to take over for these districts until today. So in the meanwhile I've still be exclusively with the Flint schools. I logged on to the company's website (yes, they let you not only call their sub line, but you can also check online for jobs) and there was just a laundry list of schools and jobs available for next week! Literally, it was no task at all for me to find a job for every day of the week! Now, I didn't take a job for Monday (choir rehearsal and a bunch of other errands and such), but I have job for Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. How sweet is that? I can actually now have a job that pays me well (well enough for the moment anyhow!) and I can actually work a full school week. I'm just glad to not be constantly off of work anymore!

And finally... tonight my sister, brother in law, friend, and I are going to go the movies to see "Semi Pro." Number one, we love a good Will Ferrell flick (even if it is totally stupid, sometimes you just need a purely stupid movie!), and number two, the movie's setting is Flint. I mean how awesome is that? It's not very often that our city is the backdrop of a movie, unless it's a Michael Moore documentary! Plus, I gotta say that I'm just excited to get out of the house to do something social, and a little movie theatre popcorn won't be bad either! You can see that my avatar is all ready to go! :)

2 comments:

Kirby said...

Cute template!

You will have to let me know how Semi Pro is because JOn and I have been talking about seeing it.

Robin said...

Very cute template!! That suck my lolly {sounds perverted} chick makes some good layouts. I'll have to use her eventually. :)

That is so awesome about subbing, too! I wish I had enough credits to be able to sub while I looked for a full-time job. :/

Semi Pro I'm sure will be hilarious. Most every Will Ferrell movie I've enjoyed. I just watched Taladaga {sp?} Nights last night.