So it seems I've found myself with the day off, which is good because I am exhausted! Although, I probably wouldn't be exhausted if I had to work today. I had a job for the afternoon today, but then there was some mix up and the school district called me to see if I "wouldn't mind" dropping it since the job was entered in error. It wasn't a big deal, and I dropped it, but in the meanwhile I wasn't able to secure another job. Which is fine really... I could use another day off. There is a lot of chores I need to get done around the house.
Why am I exhausted? Oh, it would probably be because I stayed up until 3 am chatting with my friend Melanie. We talked about everything, our woes with boys, how the last Harry Potter film will be broken in to two films (I'll be 29 when the last installment finally hits theatres), former coworkers from the summer, etc. The two of us are like partners in crime sometimes, and I think we could sit and talk for days without running out of things to say. We also talked about our mutual "friend," Dan (Not to be confused with my friend Daniel). Yeah, remember him? The one who basically ruined my birthday by running off at the mouth? If you don't know what I'm referring too, feel free to look in the last of the January archives for that post.
Anyhow... I ended up seeing Dan on Sunday, when I went to visit my friend Lauren and he undoubtedly decided to come for the visit as well. In the beginning it was very awkward, seeing as deep down I was still irritated with him for his behavior in January. (Which by the way, he brought up our old conversation but skimmed over it saying something about "Oh yeah. Remember how we were talking about coworker J? Yeah, I guess I was mistaken about him." Gee, thanks Dan.) Being irritated wasn't the only reason I felt awkward around him though! Just two days before that, on Friday evening, I got a call from Dan. He basically drunk dialed me. At first he started chatting with me on AIM, mentioning something about his "plans falling through" and drinking whiskey by himself. Ah... okay. Then his next message was "answer your phone, okay?" Two seconds later my phone rings, and on the other end was a very drunk Dan. In typical drunk dialing style, he started rambling about how he just had to call me before he was sober enough to think twice about it. He went on and on about how "beautiful" and "genuinely sweet" I am, and how I'm like the "perfect girl" inside and out, and why can't he have a girl like me in his life? Then he went on about how he wished that I was in Grand Rapids with him, so we could "drink and cuddle."
Ah... geez. Okay obviously none of the "drinking and cuddling" will ever happen. What is it about me that I attract these type of guys? These passive aggressive, looking-for-a-mommy, whining, type of guys? When I told all of this to Melanie, she just said "Oh no. Tell me he didn't." Yeah, he did. Of course things were awkward for me, until I realized that there was no possible way he remembered that phone call. I know for sure he couldn't have remembered because he specifically asked me when Lauren and I were getting together, and after I mentioned something about mid afternoon, he showed up on Lauren's door before noon even hit. When Lauren asked him why he was so early, his reply to her was "Ah... I was talking to Tamara... she said you wanted to get like lunch or something? I can't really remember what was said."
Melanie got a good kick out of that story, and I'm still sitting here shaking my head over the whole thing. I gotta say I'm just quite over the whole situation, and I'm very glad we will not be working together this summer. The last thing I need to do is deal with him on a daily basis again. I'm quite glad I'll be getting to see Melanie more! She is like this five foot two, 90lb, scrawny, scrappy, sarcastic little pistol, and I love the girl to death. I need friends like her, who can just call it like they see it, all with a humorous slant on life.
I wonder what Dan would think about me if he ever read my blog? Probably the whole sweet and nice thing wouldn't be an opinion of his anymore, after he has read my rants on him. Number one, I'm hardly a perfect person, and it's not fair for anyone to try to put me in that light. Number two, my blog helps me to stay sane and honest. I need to vent... and if I put it on my blog, then a handful of people who are removed from the situation can be my ear for a few minutes, without ever getting involved in any type of gossip. You're hearing about people you'll never meet, and the people I'm referring to will never meet you... so no harm, no foul. I could tell Melanie about all of this because she is quite aware of the situation with Dan... but if I went on to tell some of my other friends, it would make the gossip rounds in seconds. Thankfully I have a blog so I don't have to deal with those types of things. Whatever did people do before blogging?
******
Just wanted to add a little tidbit to end on a more positive note. Spring is slowly coming... it's quite funny how 40 degrees can feel quite heavenly! Our snow is slowly going away, and the local weatherman said if the computer models are right, we could hit 60 degrees by the end of the month. I can't get my hopes up, but how amazing would that be?
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Late Night Chats
So it seems I've found myself with the day off, which is good because I am exhausted! Although, I probably wouldn't be exhausted if I had to work today. I had a job for the afternoon today, but then there was some mix up and the school district called me to see if I "wouldn't mind" dropping it since the job was entered in error. It wasn't a big deal, and I dropped it, but in the meanwhile I wasn't able to secure another job. Which is fine really... I could use another day off. There is a lot of chores I need to get done around the house.
Why am I exhausted? Oh, it would probably be because I stayed up until 3 am chatting with my friend Melanie. We talked about everything, our woes with boys, how the last Harry Potter film will be broken in to two films (I'll be 29 when the last installment finally hits theatres), former coworkers from the summer, etc. The two of us are like partners in crime sometimes, and I think we could sit and talk for days without running out of things to say. We also talked about our mutual "friend," Dan (Not to be confused with my friend Daniel). Yeah, remember him? The one who basically ruined my birthday by running off at the mouth? If you don't know what I'm referring too, feel free to look in the last of the January archives for that post.
Anyhow... I ended up seeing Dan on Sunday, when I went to visit my friend Lauren and he undoubtedly decided to come for the visit as well. In the beginning it was very awkward, seeing as deep down I was still irritated with him for his behavior in January. (Which by the way, he brought up our old conversation but skimmed over it saying something about "Oh yeah. Remember how we were talking about coworker J? Yeah, I guess I was mistaken about him." Gee, thanks Dan.) Being irritated wasn't the only reason I felt awkward around him though! Just two days before that, on Friday evening, I got a call from Dan. He basically drunk dialed me. At first he started chatting with me on AIM, mentioning something about his "plans falling through" and drinking whiskey by himself. Ah... okay. Then his next message was "answer your phone, okay?" Two seconds later my phone rings, and on the other end was a very drunk Dan. In typical drunk dialing style, he started rambling about how he just had to call me before he was sober enough to think twice about it. He went on and on about how "beautiful" and "genuinely sweet" I am, and how I'm like the "perfect girl" inside and out, and why can't he have a girl like me in his life? Then he went on about how he wished that I was in Grand Rapids with him, so we could "drink and cuddle."
Ah... geez. Okay obviously none of the "drinking and cuddling" will ever happen. What is it about me that I attract these type of guys? These passive aggressive, looking-for-a-mommy, whining, type of guys? When I told all of this to Melanie, she just said "Oh no. Tell me he didn't." Yeah, he did. Of course things were awkward for me, until I realized that there was no possible way he remembered that phone call. I know for sure he couldn't have remembered because he specifically asked me when Lauren and I were getting together, and after I mentioned something about mid afternoon, he showed up on Lauren's door before noon even hit. When Lauren asked him why he was so early, his reply to her was "Ah... I was talking to Tamara... she said you wanted to get like lunch or something? I can't really remember what was said."
Melanie got a good kick out of that story, and I'm still sitting here shaking my head over the whole thing. I gotta say I'm just quite over the whole situation, and I'm very glad we will not be working together this summer. The last thing I need to do is deal with him on a daily basis again. I'm quite glad I'll be getting to see Melanie more! She is like this five foot two, 90lb, scrawny, scrappy, sarcastic little pistol, and I love the girl to death. I need friends like her, who can just call it like they see it, all with a humorous slant on life.
I wonder what Dan would think about me if he ever read my blog? Probably the whole sweet and nice thing wouldn't be an opinion of his anymore, after he has read my rants on him. Number one, I'm hardly a perfect person, and it's not fair for anyone to try to put me in that light. Number two, my blog helps me to stay sane and honest. I need to vent... and if I put it on my blog, then a handful of people who are removed from the situation can be my ear for a few minutes, without ever getting involved in any type of gossip. You're hearing about people you'll never meet, and the people I'm referring to will never meet you... so no harm, no foul. I could tell Melanie about all of this because she is quite aware of the situation with Dan... but if I went on to tell some of my other friends, it would make the gossip rounds in seconds. Thankfully I have a blog so I don't have to deal with those types of things. Whatever did people do before blogging?
******
Just wanted to add a little tidbit to end on a more positive note. Spring is slowly coming... it's quite funny how 40 degrees can feel quite heavenly! Our snow is slowly going away, and the local weatherman said if the computer models are right, we could hit 60 degrees by the end of the month. I can't get my hopes up, but how amazing would that be?
Why am I exhausted? Oh, it would probably be because I stayed up until 3 am chatting with my friend Melanie. We talked about everything, our woes with boys, how the last Harry Potter film will be broken in to two films (I'll be 29 when the last installment finally hits theatres), former coworkers from the summer, etc. The two of us are like partners in crime sometimes, and I think we could sit and talk for days without running out of things to say. We also talked about our mutual "friend," Dan (Not to be confused with my friend Daniel). Yeah, remember him? The one who basically ruined my birthday by running off at the mouth? If you don't know what I'm referring too, feel free to look in the last of the January archives for that post.
Anyhow... I ended up seeing Dan on Sunday, when I went to visit my friend Lauren and he undoubtedly decided to come for the visit as well. In the beginning it was very awkward, seeing as deep down I was still irritated with him for his behavior in January. (Which by the way, he brought up our old conversation but skimmed over it saying something about "Oh yeah. Remember how we were talking about coworker J? Yeah, I guess I was mistaken about him." Gee, thanks Dan.) Being irritated wasn't the only reason I felt awkward around him though! Just two days before that, on Friday evening, I got a call from Dan. He basically drunk dialed me. At first he started chatting with me on AIM, mentioning something about his "plans falling through" and drinking whiskey by himself. Ah... okay. Then his next message was "answer your phone, okay?" Two seconds later my phone rings, and on the other end was a very drunk Dan. In typical drunk dialing style, he started rambling about how he just had to call me before he was sober enough to think twice about it. He went on and on about how "beautiful" and "genuinely sweet" I am, and how I'm like the "perfect girl" inside and out, and why can't he have a girl like me in his life? Then he went on about how he wished that I was in Grand Rapids with him, so we could "drink and cuddle."
Ah... geez. Okay obviously none of the "drinking and cuddling" will ever happen. What is it about me that I attract these type of guys? These passive aggressive, looking-for-a-mommy, whining, type of guys? When I told all of this to Melanie, she just said "Oh no. Tell me he didn't." Yeah, he did. Of course things were awkward for me, until I realized that there was no possible way he remembered that phone call. I know for sure he couldn't have remembered because he specifically asked me when Lauren and I were getting together, and after I mentioned something about mid afternoon, he showed up on Lauren's door before noon even hit. When Lauren asked him why he was so early, his reply to her was "Ah... I was talking to Tamara... she said you wanted to get like lunch or something? I can't really remember what was said."
Melanie got a good kick out of that story, and I'm still sitting here shaking my head over the whole thing. I gotta say I'm just quite over the whole situation, and I'm very glad we will not be working together this summer. The last thing I need to do is deal with him on a daily basis again. I'm quite glad I'll be getting to see Melanie more! She is like this five foot two, 90lb, scrawny, scrappy, sarcastic little pistol, and I love the girl to death. I need friends like her, who can just call it like they see it, all with a humorous slant on life.
I wonder what Dan would think about me if he ever read my blog? Probably the whole sweet and nice thing wouldn't be an opinion of his anymore, after he has read my rants on him. Number one, I'm hardly a perfect person, and it's not fair for anyone to try to put me in that light. Number two, my blog helps me to stay sane and honest. I need to vent... and if I put it on my blog, then a handful of people who are removed from the situation can be my ear for a few minutes, without ever getting involved in any type of gossip. You're hearing about people you'll never meet, and the people I'm referring to will never meet you... so no harm, no foul. I could tell Melanie about all of this because she is quite aware of the situation with Dan... but if I went on to tell some of my other friends, it would make the gossip rounds in seconds. Thankfully I have a blog so I don't have to deal with those types of things. Whatever did people do before blogging?
******
Just wanted to add a little tidbit to end on a more positive note. Spring is slowly coming... it's quite funny how 40 degrees can feel quite heavenly! Our snow is slowly going away, and the local weatherman said if the computer models are right, we could hit 60 degrees by the end of the month. I can't get my hopes up, but how amazing would that be?
1 comment:
- Robin said...
-
I was reading on Yahoo about the Harry Potter films. On one hand I think it's great that they don't want to miss any details, on the other hand, so many months in between the two? Not so sure about that... Can't they make it like a five hour movie? LOL!
And I hear ya about the weather! The longer daylight plus 40 degrees... ahh. I hope Easter will be nice! :) -
5:14 PM EDT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was reading on Yahoo about the Harry Potter films. On one hand I think it's great that they don't want to miss any details, on the other hand, so many months in between the two? Not so sure about that... Can't they make it like a five hour movie? LOL!
And I hear ya about the weather! The longer daylight plus 40 degrees... ahh. I hope Easter will be nice! :)
Post a Comment