Thumbs Up... having more work. For so long I haven't been getting enough work, and it was really driving me crazy. It was starting to make me feel lazy and unmotivated, and I do not like feeling that way.
Thumbs Down... my job in general. Okay, subbing is hardly the worst job in the world. But it does get nerve wracking, especially for a person like me who likes routine. Constantly walking in to a new classroom, with kids that you don't know, and a teacher with their own way of doing things can be stressful. The pay is good... but it's nothing fabulous. It pays my bills and I've got enough money left over to put in my savings account. That's all I can really ask for at this point. I guess I just can't wait to be started toward my actual "career."
Thumbs Up... having money. I can't say having extra money isn't nice. With more work naturally comes more money, which is a huge plus.
Thumbs Down... finding more things to spend my money on. I was adding up all my foreseeable expenses from now until June... and I was shaking my head. I won't have any problem paying them, but it really hurts the pride a bit to think of how my checking account is going to look by the time June is over.
Thumbs Up... living at home. As much as I hate to admit it, living at home has its perks. I'm not paying for rent, and I'm not paying for food, unless it's something specific I want. My only expenses are my personal expenses, my car, etc.
Thumbs Down... living at home. For as many perks, there seems to be twice as many negatives. I don't have very much privacy, and my mother will always think of be as being a teenager for as long as I live here. I obviously have more freedom than I ever did as a teen, but that's only because I long ago stopped asking permission to do things. If my mom thought she could still lay the law down like she did then, believe me when I say she would! My mom is a total control freak, and I think deep down inside she's a little miffed with me and my sister for having the nerve to grow up.
Thumbs Up... boys. What's not to like? They're cute... they're funny, they make your heart and brain do very strange things... good company, not catty like girls... good times.
Thumbs Down... boys. Seriously? What the freaking heck is their problem? I got drunk dialed for a second time this week! I mean, um, really? And a different guy at that? When the heck did I become so freaking popular, but yet I still don't ever have a date?
Thumbs Up... exercise! I actually do enjoy working out, for the most part. I don't enjoy those crazy drill seragent type aerobics instructors... but I do like planning my own workout and kind of attacking things on my own. I really like working up a sweat and knowing that I'm doing something great for my body. Plus, I always feel so much better after a good workout! The stress really starts to melt away, and it helps keep my anxiety manageable. What's not to like?
Thumbs down... finding the time and energy for a good workout. Seeing as I usually hit the gym for about an hour at a time, sometimes it's hard to fit in to my schedule. Plus, my job just wears me down. Sometimes I literally spend all day long chasing small children around. As much as I want to hit the gym, it can be really hard to find the energy to do so. Ah.
******
Well, I have plans of going shopping and to dinner with my sister later. Wish me luck! I really am hoping that we don't get in to any type of arguments this time around. I really love my sister, and like spending time with her, but I hate it when we end up getting in to fights. I hope everyone enjoys the last bit of the weekend, and has a good St. Patty's day!
You Are Emerald Green |
![]() Deep and mysterious, it often seems like no one truly gets you. Inside, you are very emotional and moody - though you don't let it show. People usually have a strong reaction to you... profound love or deep hate. But you can even get those who hate you to come around. There's something naturally harmonious about you. |
You Are A Little Snobby |
![]() And being a little snobby every once and a while is totally allowed. Because if no one was ever snobby, no one would ever try to dress up or look pretty. And while you do enjoy the finest things in life (that you can afford), you tire of superficiality. You know there's more to life than what's just on the surface. |


1 comment:
Thumbs up/thumbs down for a blog post is awesome. I should copy this idea and do it on my blog. :)
By the way all good analogies of each thing. ;P
Post a Comment