Boo! I'm sick. Boo!
As you can tell, I'm not too thrilled by this! The last thing I wanted was to get sick right before going on my trip! As of right now, knock on wood, my cold doesn't seem too bad. I started feeling a bit lazy on Saturday (still not sure if that was cold induced or simply me induced), and then Saturday night is when the congestion started. I was hoping it was more of a false alarm cold. I had a "false alarm cold" earlier this month, when the problem turned out to be my allergies and not an actual cold. This time I took some Claritin and went to bed, hoping it was simply an allergy moment, especially since the weather is flip flopping a bit. Well, all through the night my sinuses were draining non-stop, as if someone had just released a flood gate. When I woke up on Sunday, I knew it was official that I had a cold.
As of right now, the good news is that I don't feel achy, I'm just a bit fatigued. There is pressure on my head, but nothing causing me intense discomfort. Knock on wood, if this is as bad as it gets, I could be over it by Friday. I've been lucky to be really healthy this school year though! This is only my second (and as it looks right now, likely to be my last) cold of the school year. The year before, I was sick no less than 10 times! And I'm also super glad I thought to get a flu shot this year. I know the flu shot can't protect you against every strain of flu, but even if it can provide just a small bit of protection, it was five dollars well spent! I have skipped out on taking Zicam, though. I usually swear by it, but I didn't have any left yesterday, and didn't feel like going to buy any. I know that if you don't catch your cold early, Zicam isn't very effective. So I'm hoping good rest, drinking plenty of water and juice (I could have given myself a vitamin C overdose yesterday!), and taking my vitamins will kick this stuff out of me. We'll see!
It was actually a bit disappointing to take the day off today! I mean, physically, if it were a desperate situation, I could have dragged myself to work this morning. If I was really hard up for cash, I would have went to work. I just want to try to take it easy, especially early in to my cold. The more rest I get, the faster I can get over this. I've spent too much on plane tickets to feel poopy! Plus, exposing kids to what I've got is not a nice thing to do. In return, if I were to come in contact with another bug from one of the kiddies today, it would probably be hard for my body to fight it off. So yeah... I'm staying home from work today, and possibly tomorrow. My plans for today are to eat breakfast, have a hot bath, stop by the bank, and start on/work on/finish the assload of "special needs" list I need done for the summer. That's something I can do while sitting on the couch or in bed. I like work that I can do while not really doing anything physical!
******
Enough of my bitching about being sick, and moving on to something else I like to bitch about. Although I'm not really bitching, just thinking aloud (or thinking in print?) more or less. I talked to my boss Jenn over the weekend, and she was in an interesting mood! She has a tendency to be unintentionally cryptic at times. Like, for instance, she'll say "oh, can you work on the schedule?" and never elaborate in the slightest. So of course, my thoughts immediately are "Which schedule? Work on it how? Shift people on the schedule? Take someone off the schedule? Add someone to the schedule? Rotate phones on the schedule?" In which she always seems shocked by my multitude of questions, and then will give me some complicated follow up answer like "I need you to work on the daily schedule, and move so and so to shift five, and take so and so off the schedule for just Tuesday, and have someone fill in for them at that shift, and...." Uh huh. Yeah, that is what I mean... unintentionally cryptic.
So on Saturday, she started freely giving me tons of information. Like she said things like "so, just so you know, I'm not going to live on camp this summer. Just want to make sure you'll be okay with that. It just means, instead of me responding first, you'll be first on the scene usually. But if I didn't trust your judgement, we wouldn't be doing this. Are you okay with that?" In which I told her I was okay with it. I mean, she lives two minutes away, and I always thought it was kind of silly that she moved away from her house all summer long to be on camp. I don't know that she really trusted the fact that I was okay with it, but I really was.
Then she starts telling me about other random schedule changes and goes on and on in tons of detail. I couldn't believe she was actually giving me tons and tons of detail at once! It's not like her to give me a million details without a little prodding on my part. Well, actually, let me rephrase that. It's not like her to give me millions of pertinent details without a bit of prodding on my part. Details, yes, important to what we're doing? Not always. She also mentioned that my boss Adrian will also be a camp health officer, which I didn't really know how to take that. I assume it's just for backup, like the associates are? They don't really respond to a scene, they just have that certification in case of emergency. I just had a very humorous thought in my head of Adrian responding to a scene with us. I can just see his large, booming frame, looming over some kid who has hurt themselves, and them being scared shitless by this big guy frowning down at them. Call me crazy, but I find that to be funny.
******
Now it's time for me to get some breakfast and get a start with my lazy day. I hope I didn't bore you guys to tears.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday, April 28, 2008
Boo! Sick Again
Boo! I'm sick. Boo!
As you can tell, I'm not too thrilled by this! The last thing I wanted was to get sick right before going on my trip! As of right now, knock on wood, my cold doesn't seem too bad. I started feeling a bit lazy on Saturday (still not sure if that was cold induced or simply me induced), and then Saturday night is when the congestion started. I was hoping it was more of a false alarm cold. I had a "false alarm cold" earlier this month, when the problem turned out to be my allergies and not an actual cold. This time I took some Claritin and went to bed, hoping it was simply an allergy moment, especially since the weather is flip flopping a bit. Well, all through the night my sinuses were draining non-stop, as if someone had just released a flood gate. When I woke up on Sunday, I knew it was official that I had a cold.
As of right now, the good news is that I don't feel achy, I'm just a bit fatigued. There is pressure on my head, but nothing causing me intense discomfort. Knock on wood, if this is as bad as it gets, I could be over it by Friday. I've been lucky to be really healthy this school year though! This is only my second (and as it looks right now, likely to be my last) cold of the school year. The year before, I was sick no less than 10 times! And I'm also super glad I thought to get a flu shot this year. I know the flu shot can't protect you against every strain of flu, but even if it can provide just a small bit of protection, it was five dollars well spent! I have skipped out on taking Zicam, though. I usually swear by it, but I didn't have any left yesterday, and didn't feel like going to buy any. I know that if you don't catch your cold early, Zicam isn't very effective. So I'm hoping good rest, drinking plenty of water and juice (I could have given myself a vitamin C overdose yesterday!), and taking my vitamins will kick this stuff out of me. We'll see!
It was actually a bit disappointing to take the day off today! I mean, physically, if it were a desperate situation, I could have dragged myself to work this morning. If I was really hard up for cash, I would have went to work. I just want to try to take it easy, especially early in to my cold. The more rest I get, the faster I can get over this. I've spent too much on plane tickets to feel poopy! Plus, exposing kids to what I've got is not a nice thing to do. In return, if I were to come in contact with another bug from one of the kiddies today, it would probably be hard for my body to fight it off. So yeah... I'm staying home from work today, and possibly tomorrow. My plans for today are to eat breakfast, have a hot bath, stop by the bank, and start on/work on/finish the assload of "special needs" list I need done for the summer. That's something I can do while sitting on the couch or in bed. I like work that I can do while not really doing anything physical!
******
Enough of my bitching about being sick, and moving on to something else I like to bitch about. Although I'm not really bitching, just thinking aloud (or thinking in print?) more or less. I talked to my boss Jenn over the weekend, and she was in an interesting mood! She has a tendency to be unintentionally cryptic at times. Like, for instance, she'll say "oh, can you work on the schedule?" and never elaborate in the slightest. So of course, my thoughts immediately are "Which schedule? Work on it how? Shift people on the schedule? Take someone off the schedule? Add someone to the schedule? Rotate phones on the schedule?" In which she always seems shocked by my multitude of questions, and then will give me some complicated follow up answer like "I need you to work on the daily schedule, and move so and so to shift five, and take so and so off the schedule for just Tuesday, and have someone fill in for them at that shift, and...." Uh huh. Yeah, that is what I mean... unintentionally cryptic.
So on Saturday, she started freely giving me tons of information. Like she said things like "so, just so you know, I'm not going to live on camp this summer. Just want to make sure you'll be okay with that. It just means, instead of me responding first, you'll be first on the scene usually. But if I didn't trust your judgement, we wouldn't be doing this. Are you okay with that?" In which I told her I was okay with it. I mean, she lives two minutes away, and I always thought it was kind of silly that she moved away from her house all summer long to be on camp. I don't know that she really trusted the fact that I was okay with it, but I really was.
Then she starts telling me about other random schedule changes and goes on and on in tons of detail. I couldn't believe she was actually giving me tons and tons of detail at once! It's not like her to give me a million details without a little prodding on my part. Well, actually, let me rephrase that. It's not like her to give me millions of pertinent details without a bit of prodding on my part. Details, yes, important to what we're doing? Not always. She also mentioned that my boss Adrian will also be a camp health officer, which I didn't really know how to take that. I assume it's just for backup, like the associates are? They don't really respond to a scene, they just have that certification in case of emergency. I just had a very humorous thought in my head of Adrian responding to a scene with us. I can just see his large, booming frame, looming over some kid who has hurt themselves, and them being scared shitless by this big guy frowning down at them. Call me crazy, but I find that to be funny.
******
Now it's time for me to get some breakfast and get a start with my lazy day. I hope I didn't bore you guys to tears.
As you can tell, I'm not too thrilled by this! The last thing I wanted was to get sick right before going on my trip! As of right now, knock on wood, my cold doesn't seem too bad. I started feeling a bit lazy on Saturday (still not sure if that was cold induced or simply me induced), and then Saturday night is when the congestion started. I was hoping it was more of a false alarm cold. I had a "false alarm cold" earlier this month, when the problem turned out to be my allergies and not an actual cold. This time I took some Claritin and went to bed, hoping it was simply an allergy moment, especially since the weather is flip flopping a bit. Well, all through the night my sinuses were draining non-stop, as if someone had just released a flood gate. When I woke up on Sunday, I knew it was official that I had a cold.
As of right now, the good news is that I don't feel achy, I'm just a bit fatigued. There is pressure on my head, but nothing causing me intense discomfort. Knock on wood, if this is as bad as it gets, I could be over it by Friday. I've been lucky to be really healthy this school year though! This is only my second (and as it looks right now, likely to be my last) cold of the school year. The year before, I was sick no less than 10 times! And I'm also super glad I thought to get a flu shot this year. I know the flu shot can't protect you against every strain of flu, but even if it can provide just a small bit of protection, it was five dollars well spent! I have skipped out on taking Zicam, though. I usually swear by it, but I didn't have any left yesterday, and didn't feel like going to buy any. I know that if you don't catch your cold early, Zicam isn't very effective. So I'm hoping good rest, drinking plenty of water and juice (I could have given myself a vitamin C overdose yesterday!), and taking my vitamins will kick this stuff out of me. We'll see!
It was actually a bit disappointing to take the day off today! I mean, physically, if it were a desperate situation, I could have dragged myself to work this morning. If I was really hard up for cash, I would have went to work. I just want to try to take it easy, especially early in to my cold. The more rest I get, the faster I can get over this. I've spent too much on plane tickets to feel poopy! Plus, exposing kids to what I've got is not a nice thing to do. In return, if I were to come in contact with another bug from one of the kiddies today, it would probably be hard for my body to fight it off. So yeah... I'm staying home from work today, and possibly tomorrow. My plans for today are to eat breakfast, have a hot bath, stop by the bank, and start on/work on/finish the assload of "special needs" list I need done for the summer. That's something I can do while sitting on the couch or in bed. I like work that I can do while not really doing anything physical!
******
Enough of my bitching about being sick, and moving on to something else I like to bitch about. Although I'm not really bitching, just thinking aloud (or thinking in print?) more or less. I talked to my boss Jenn over the weekend, and she was in an interesting mood! She has a tendency to be unintentionally cryptic at times. Like, for instance, she'll say "oh, can you work on the schedule?" and never elaborate in the slightest. So of course, my thoughts immediately are "Which schedule? Work on it how? Shift people on the schedule? Take someone off the schedule? Add someone to the schedule? Rotate phones on the schedule?" In which she always seems shocked by my multitude of questions, and then will give me some complicated follow up answer like "I need you to work on the daily schedule, and move so and so to shift five, and take so and so off the schedule for just Tuesday, and have someone fill in for them at that shift, and...." Uh huh. Yeah, that is what I mean... unintentionally cryptic.
So on Saturday, she started freely giving me tons of information. Like she said things like "so, just so you know, I'm not going to live on camp this summer. Just want to make sure you'll be okay with that. It just means, instead of me responding first, you'll be first on the scene usually. But if I didn't trust your judgement, we wouldn't be doing this. Are you okay with that?" In which I told her I was okay with it. I mean, she lives two minutes away, and I always thought it was kind of silly that she moved away from her house all summer long to be on camp. I don't know that she really trusted the fact that I was okay with it, but I really was.
Then she starts telling me about other random schedule changes and goes on and on in tons of detail. I couldn't believe she was actually giving me tons and tons of detail at once! It's not like her to give me a million details without a little prodding on my part. Well, actually, let me rephrase that. It's not like her to give me millions of pertinent details without a bit of prodding on my part. Details, yes, important to what we're doing? Not always. She also mentioned that my boss Adrian will also be a camp health officer, which I didn't really know how to take that. I assume it's just for backup, like the associates are? They don't really respond to a scene, they just have that certification in case of emergency. I just had a very humorous thought in my head of Adrian responding to a scene with us. I can just see his large, booming frame, looming over some kid who has hurt themselves, and them being scared shitless by this big guy frowning down at them. Call me crazy, but I find that to be funny.
******
Now it's time for me to get some breakfast and get a start with my lazy day. I hope I didn't bore you guys to tears.
2 comments:
- Robin said...
-
I'm repeating myself, but I hope you'll feel better by the time you leave for your vacation!
Taking a hot bath sounds so soothing right now. Especially since the weather is cold again. BOO!!
And I don't know if I could ever do a job like what you do at camp! It makes my brain hurt just reading all of that. LOL! -
1:08 AM EDT
- Tamara said...
-
Thanks Robin! I honestly don't know how I do my job either, and I'm pretty sure it's gradually taking years off my life!
-
4:23 PM EDT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm repeating myself, but I hope you'll feel better by the time you leave for your vacation!
Taking a hot bath sounds so soothing right now. Especially since the weather is cold again. BOO!!
And I don't know if I could ever do a job like what you do at camp! It makes my brain hurt just reading all of that. LOL!
Thanks Robin! I honestly don't know how I do my job either, and I'm pretty sure it's gradually taking years off my life!
Post a Comment