Thursday, May 1, 2008

Excited & Anxious & Scared & Nervous!

So this time tomorrow, I'll be in Philadelphia!!! I'm excited/anxious/nervous/scared all in one. I wasn't really worried about the whole flying thing, and then suddenly the other day it hit me all at once. And not only did it hit me, it freaked me out! My thoughts included "so I'm going to be in this little metal box, with wings, flying how many feet in the air? It's not like a car, where we can just pull over if something goes wrong. Oh my gosh!" Yes... that's where my thoughts were. Now oddly, it kind of feels like I'm getting ready for camp. I'm packing, slightly nervous, but resigned to my destiny, whatever it may end up as. I'm hoping that this is going to be completely carefree, and much less painful than the MCAT was.

My trip is going as follows: Tomorrow, my flight leaves here around 12:30 pm. I'll fly in to Chicago O'Hare around 12:30 CDT. I'll have about an hour layover, before leaving Chicago at around 1:30 CDT. Then, I'll be arriving in Philadelphia at 4:30 EDT. Then after that, I have to work my way through the Philly airport, where I need to find the only train that will take you in to the city. Then, after getting on said train, I need to make sure I get off at the right stop to meet my friend Orelia at the train station. I don't know which I'm more worried about, the flight, navigating airports, or not getting lost on the train! I swear, I can be an airhead sometimes, so hopefully I won't get lost somewhere in New Jersey!

We're going to take it easy tomorrow night, and then Saturday I guess we're going to do the standard touristy type of things. We're going to see the Liberty Bell... other historic American sites, museums, cheese steak eating... etc. :) Apparently Orelia says there is also a cool medical oddities museum that we might go to as well... hmm. On Sunday, we're going to New York City for the day! Places I have listed to see are Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Lower Manhattan (especially the 9/11 site), Central Park, SoHo, Greenwich Village, Battery Park... etc. My head is spinning just thinking about it, but again, I can't wait!

Then Monday, and Tuesday morning, I have no idea what we'll be up to! Probably just take it easy and relax, which is fine by me. This is a vacation after all! I will definitely be taking tons and tons of pictures, so I'll be posting those when I get back. They'll probably all be of the standard tourist variety, but I'll see what I can do. :)

Okay, so I've got a ton of other things to do right now, but I wanted to give one last blog before I leave! I can't wait to share all my adventures when I get back!

Please keep me in your thoughts for a save flight!

2 comments:

Kirby said...

I hope you are having fun. I too am terrified of flying. This summer will be my first time.

Robin said...

I'm sure you're having fun {since you're there by now}. Can't wait to hear about your trip and see pictures!

I did a "in my head" wave as I passed through Flint driving up to Mt. Pleasant. =P

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Excited & Anxious & Scared & Nervous!

So this time tomorrow, I'll be in Philadelphia!!! I'm excited/anxious/nervous/scared all in one. I wasn't really worried about the whole flying thing, and then suddenly the other day it hit me all at once. And not only did it hit me, it freaked me out! My thoughts included "so I'm going to be in this little metal box, with wings, flying how many feet in the air? It's not like a car, where we can just pull over if something goes wrong. Oh my gosh!" Yes... that's where my thoughts were. Now oddly, it kind of feels like I'm getting ready for camp. I'm packing, slightly nervous, but resigned to my destiny, whatever it may end up as. I'm hoping that this is going to be completely carefree, and much less painful than the MCAT was.

My trip is going as follows: Tomorrow, my flight leaves here around 12:30 pm. I'll fly in to Chicago O'Hare around 12:30 CDT. I'll have about an hour layover, before leaving Chicago at around 1:30 CDT. Then, I'll be arriving in Philadelphia at 4:30 EDT. Then after that, I have to work my way through the Philly airport, where I need to find the only train that will take you in to the city. Then, after getting on said train, I need to make sure I get off at the right stop to meet my friend Orelia at the train station. I don't know which I'm more worried about, the flight, navigating airports, or not getting lost on the train! I swear, I can be an airhead sometimes, so hopefully I won't get lost somewhere in New Jersey!

We're going to take it easy tomorrow night, and then Saturday I guess we're going to do the standard touristy type of things. We're going to see the Liberty Bell... other historic American sites, museums, cheese steak eating... etc. :) Apparently Orelia says there is also a cool medical oddities museum that we might go to as well... hmm. On Sunday, we're going to New York City for the day! Places I have listed to see are Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Lower Manhattan (especially the 9/11 site), Central Park, SoHo, Greenwich Village, Battery Park... etc. My head is spinning just thinking about it, but again, I can't wait!

Then Monday, and Tuesday morning, I have no idea what we'll be up to! Probably just take it easy and relax, which is fine by me. This is a vacation after all! I will definitely be taking tons and tons of pictures, so I'll be posting those when I get back. They'll probably all be of the standard tourist variety, but I'll see what I can do. :)

Okay, so I've got a ton of other things to do right now, but I wanted to give one last blog before I leave! I can't wait to share all my adventures when I get back!

Please keep me in your thoughts for a save flight!

2 comments:

Kirby said...

I hope you are having fun. I too am terrified of flying. This summer will be my first time.

Robin said...

I'm sure you're having fun {since you're there by now}. Can't wait to hear about your trip and see pictures!

I did a "in my head" wave as I passed through Flint driving up to Mt. Pleasant. =P