Monday, May 12, 2008

Where did the weekend go?

Yawn! I am sleepy! But I feel like I have tons of things to do! Like blogging for instance... I swore I'd come back on Friday and give a big blog about my trip. Actually on Friday, I ended up feeling worse than I had on Thursday (I think I was trying to push it too much with the things I ate, etc), and I spent most of the day in bed. Finally on Saturday I was able to scoot around the house in my p.j.s on occasion, but my stomach was still hurting. By Sunday I was finally getting my appetite back, but I elected not to work today for worry that I was overdoing it. I'm glad I didn't work too, because this morning my stomach was hurting again! I had this grand plan of working for most of last week and for all of this week... but things happen. Luckily I was mentally going over my expenses in my head, and I can afford to take a few days off if needed for sickness.

The biggest news so far is that I've been accepted to the grad program I really wanted to do next year! Woo hoo! I posted it on Facebook so you guys might already be aware of that news... but I am very excited. I'm sure the nerves will kick in, but as of right now, September is so far off that I'm only excited about it. Luckily for me, Blue Lake will be starting very soon, so my time will be so consumed with that I probably won't have the energy to become too anxious over school.

...Speaking of Blue Lake, I have the annual "May Weekend" event coming up this weekend. This past weekend seemed like it was completely erased because of me being sick. Now it seems like I've just gotten home from my trip and now immediately I'll be off to Muskegon to sit in meetings and do "team building" exercises. I guess I don't have much excitement for May Weekend anymore? I'll be there in three weeks for the summer anyhow, so can't I fake illness for a little bit longer? Ah, I should stop complaining. In the end I'll probably enjoy myself, and it will be more productive then spending a weekend here.

As for my trip, I had fun! I promise to go in to more detail about it at some point this week before I leave for May Weekend. There are too many events for me to go in to a long story right now! Oh yes, in some ways, it was very eventful. I'll post some pictures too, although I've posted quite a few on Facebook if you're curious about the photos.

So now I'm recovering! I'll be working a full day tomorrow (hope I can get through that!), plus I'm driving down to Lansing after work to visit my friend Lauren who is leaving for a study abroad in South Africa on Friday. The sad part about her leaving for South Africa means that she won't be at May Weekend or at camp this summer, but the awesome part is that she's going to South Africa! How cool would that be?

I'm off to take a hot bath, iron some clothes, and find my way to bed. :)

1 comment:

Robin said...

Sounds like that is some bug you caught. Hopefully it is now long gone bye bye.

Congrats on getting into grad school too! :D You've got quite the filled up calendar for the rest of the year!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Where did the weekend go?

Yawn! I am sleepy! But I feel like I have tons of things to do! Like blogging for instance... I swore I'd come back on Friday and give a big blog about my trip. Actually on Friday, I ended up feeling worse than I had on Thursday (I think I was trying to push it too much with the things I ate, etc), and I spent most of the day in bed. Finally on Saturday I was able to scoot around the house in my p.j.s on occasion, but my stomach was still hurting. By Sunday I was finally getting my appetite back, but I elected not to work today for worry that I was overdoing it. I'm glad I didn't work too, because this morning my stomach was hurting again! I had this grand plan of working for most of last week and for all of this week... but things happen. Luckily I was mentally going over my expenses in my head, and I can afford to take a few days off if needed for sickness.

The biggest news so far is that I've been accepted to the grad program I really wanted to do next year! Woo hoo! I posted it on Facebook so you guys might already be aware of that news... but I am very excited. I'm sure the nerves will kick in, but as of right now, September is so far off that I'm only excited about it. Luckily for me, Blue Lake will be starting very soon, so my time will be so consumed with that I probably won't have the energy to become too anxious over school.

...Speaking of Blue Lake, I have the annual "May Weekend" event coming up this weekend. This past weekend seemed like it was completely erased because of me being sick. Now it seems like I've just gotten home from my trip and now immediately I'll be off to Muskegon to sit in meetings and do "team building" exercises. I guess I don't have much excitement for May Weekend anymore? I'll be there in three weeks for the summer anyhow, so can't I fake illness for a little bit longer? Ah, I should stop complaining. In the end I'll probably enjoy myself, and it will be more productive then spending a weekend here.

As for my trip, I had fun! I promise to go in to more detail about it at some point this week before I leave for May Weekend. There are too many events for me to go in to a long story right now! Oh yes, in some ways, it was very eventful. I'll post some pictures too, although I've posted quite a few on Facebook if you're curious about the photos.

So now I'm recovering! I'll be working a full day tomorrow (hope I can get through that!), plus I'm driving down to Lansing after work to visit my friend Lauren who is leaving for a study abroad in South Africa on Friday. The sad part about her leaving for South Africa means that she won't be at May Weekend or at camp this summer, but the awesome part is that she's going to South Africa! How cool would that be?

I'm off to take a hot bath, iron some clothes, and find my way to bed. :)

1 comment:

Robin said...

Sounds like that is some bug you caught. Hopefully it is now long gone bye bye.

Congrats on getting into grad school too! :D You've got quite the filled up calendar for the rest of the year!