Ah. Let me just say I won't be taking for granted the ability to hold down solid foods for quite some while! Whether it be in New York City, Philadelphia, my friend's apartment, or the plane rides, somewhere along the line, I caught a nasty stomach flu bug! The irony is that this was the first year that I made it a point to get a flu shot. I realize that the vaccine only protects you from like half of the flu strains that are going around, and I could have gotten a flu virus earlier in the year. Either way though, none of that comforted me the multiple times I was leaning my head on the seat of the toilet in agony yesterday!
I'll spare you guys all of the details, but I will say that I woke up around 7:30am, and something just didn't feel right. At first I thought I was just slightly queasy because I was hungry, or because my blood sugar was slightly low? I had a pack of Sweet Tarts on my nightstand, and I popped one in my mouth. I figured that if it was low blood sugar, the candy would help me feel a bit better. No, not quite so much! I definitely had to give myself a pep talk for what I knew was coming. After all, I hadn't thrown up since I was 12 (14 years ago!), so I tried to calmly reason out my fate. LOL I do have a running dialogue constantly going in my head, I hope that doesn't make me strange!
Well, for most of yesterday I was very queasy, but I was lucky to be able to hold down saltines and chicken soup later in the night. I was so hungry at that point, but I was only able to eat about half the bowl of soup before pushing it away. There are so many times where my mom gets on my last nerve, but I gotta admit that I was so grateful for her yesterday! She got me ice chips, water, tea, crackers, jello, and soup, and was very much the concerned mommy. I need to do something very nice for Mother's Day! I've already got her a nice pair of slippers in Philadelphia, but I need to add to that for sure.
As for the details of my trip, I will gladly blog about all of that tomorrow. Some of it is a long story, but overall I had fun. I'll also post some pictures tomorrow, too! (Although, surprisingly, I didn't take nearly the amount of photos that I expected to, but I'll explain why tomorrow.) Thankfully, although I'm feeling a little lethargic today, I am not feeling queasy anymore, and so far all my food has been staying in it's proper place. :) If I had to get sick, I'm really glad it happened after I got home, and not while I was traveling.
And finally, I know I said it before, but congrats to Robin, the newest aunt in town! It must be so exciting to have a new addition to your family!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Sick Woes
Ah. Let me just say I won't be taking for granted the ability to hold down solid foods for quite some while! Whether it be in New York City, Philadelphia, my friend's apartment, or the plane rides, somewhere along the line, I caught a nasty stomach flu bug! The irony is that this was the first year that I made it a point to get a flu shot. I realize that the vaccine only protects you from like half of the flu strains that are going around, and I could have gotten a flu virus earlier in the year. Either way though, none of that comforted me the multiple times I was leaning my head on the seat of the toilet in agony yesterday!
I'll spare you guys all of the details, but I will say that I woke up around 7:30am, and something just didn't feel right. At first I thought I was just slightly queasy because I was hungry, or because my blood sugar was slightly low? I had a pack of Sweet Tarts on my nightstand, and I popped one in my mouth. I figured that if it was low blood sugar, the candy would help me feel a bit better. No, not quite so much! I definitely had to give myself a pep talk for what I knew was coming. After all, I hadn't thrown up since I was 12 (14 years ago!), so I tried to calmly reason out my fate. LOL I do have a running dialogue constantly going in my head, I hope that doesn't make me strange!
Well, for most of yesterday I was very queasy, but I was lucky to be able to hold down saltines and chicken soup later in the night. I was so hungry at that point, but I was only able to eat about half the bowl of soup before pushing it away. There are so many times where my mom gets on my last nerve, but I gotta admit that I was so grateful for her yesterday! She got me ice chips, water, tea, crackers, jello, and soup, and was very much the concerned mommy. I need to do something very nice for Mother's Day! I've already got her a nice pair of slippers in Philadelphia, but I need to add to that for sure.
As for the details of my trip, I will gladly blog about all of that tomorrow. Some of it is a long story, but overall I had fun. I'll also post some pictures tomorrow, too! (Although, surprisingly, I didn't take nearly the amount of photos that I expected to, but I'll explain why tomorrow.) Thankfully, although I'm feeling a little lethargic today, I am not feeling queasy anymore, and so far all my food has been staying in it's proper place. :) If I had to get sick, I'm really glad it happened after I got home, and not while I was traveling.
And finally, I know I said it before, but congrats to Robin, the newest aunt in town! It must be so exciting to have a new addition to your family!
I'll spare you guys all of the details, but I will say that I woke up around 7:30am, and something just didn't feel right. At first I thought I was just slightly queasy because I was hungry, or because my blood sugar was slightly low? I had a pack of Sweet Tarts on my nightstand, and I popped one in my mouth. I figured that if it was low blood sugar, the candy would help me feel a bit better. No, not quite so much! I definitely had to give myself a pep talk for what I knew was coming. After all, I hadn't thrown up since I was 12 (14 years ago!), so I tried to calmly reason out my fate. LOL I do have a running dialogue constantly going in my head, I hope that doesn't make me strange!
Well, for most of yesterday I was very queasy, but I was lucky to be able to hold down saltines and chicken soup later in the night. I was so hungry at that point, but I was only able to eat about half the bowl of soup before pushing it away. There are so many times where my mom gets on my last nerve, but I gotta admit that I was so grateful for her yesterday! She got me ice chips, water, tea, crackers, jello, and soup, and was very much the concerned mommy. I need to do something very nice for Mother's Day! I've already got her a nice pair of slippers in Philadelphia, but I need to add to that for sure.
As for the details of my trip, I will gladly blog about all of that tomorrow. Some of it is a long story, but overall I had fun. I'll also post some pictures tomorrow, too! (Although, surprisingly, I didn't take nearly the amount of photos that I expected to, but I'll explain why tomorrow.) Thankfully, although I'm feeling a little lethargic today, I am not feeling queasy anymore, and so far all my food has been staying in it's proper place. :) If I had to get sick, I'm really glad it happened after I got home, and not while I was traveling.
And finally, I know I said it before, but congrats to Robin, the newest aunt in town! It must be so exciting to have a new addition to your family!
1 comment:
- Robin said...
-
Having a stomach bug is awful! I haven't thrown up in years myself, but I do get sick erm... in other ways ie. upset stomach a lot. I was sick as a dog after my sisters graduation. I wanted to die! LOL.
And you're right, being sick at home is better. Not that it's fun by any means to be sick at all, but you know what I mean. :P
Thanks again for the mention about my being an Auntie! :) Holding him for the first time was just the most amazing thing ever. Well, unless if I were to become a mother {HA!} then I suppose that would be the most amazing thing. But this is right up there! -
4:13 PM EDT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Having a stomach bug is awful! I haven't thrown up in years myself, but I do get sick erm... in other ways ie. upset stomach a lot. I was sick as a dog after my sisters graduation. I wanted to die! LOL.
And you're right, being sick at home is better. Not that it's fun by any means to be sick at all, but you know what I mean. :P
Thanks again for the mention about my being an Auntie! :) Holding him for the first time was just the most amazing thing ever. Well, unless if I were to become a mother {HA!} then I suppose that would be the most amazing thing. But this is right up there!
Post a Comment