Friday, September 12, 2008

Random Blurbs...

Note, this is all random blurbs, no one idea really leads in to something important. :)

Hmm, so I noticed Blogger has a function now so that you can keep track of blogs that you follow. Has anyone tried this? Just wondering if it would be of any value.

******

School so far is going good, and I know right now is the easy part! We'll see if I think everything is going so easy in another month or so! By then I'll have a paper I'm working on, a couple of projects to work on, and a research proposal to come up with. My thoughts are that if things seem to be manageable (see... haha, manageable is a word we use at Blue Lake, it's a way of saying things are going well without completely jinxing yourself!) then I could possibly go ahead and do 12 credits next semester, too. Well, it's just a thought at this point. Anyhow... one paper I'm working on is the causes of cervical cancer that are not covered by the Gardisil vaccine, and the others are TBA. I'd like to do a research proposal on involvements in the fine arts helping to motivate teenagers in to healthier lifestyle choices... however that might be pushing myself in to the Music Therapy realm... so we'll see if my professor approves the idea! If he approves it, I could possibly use it for my thesis, which is ridiculous to even consider at this point. He may be willing to approve it, seeing as this is the guy who wants me to run the health and fitness day camp possibly for an applied project next year. Ha... my boss Heidi definitely got a laugh out of that.

******

I need to do some crunches like yo, or someone is going to think I'm in the beginning stages of pregnancy! I went to the gym on Monday and honestly, I kicked my own ass. I did a half hour on the treadmill, and then did another half hour weight-loss program on the stationary bike. Yeah, my legs, were hurting so much afterwards I was honestly wondering if I'd be able to make it down the stairs to the locker room to get my stuff! And then, ha, getting back up the stairs was also quite the challenge. But it was a good kind of pain, you know? I can't wait to do it again this weekend. :)

******

In case you didn't know, the Fall Out Boy featuring John Mayer version of Beat It is kind of bad ass. :) And I'm such a dork, or obsessive fan, or music geek, that when I first heard the opening chord for the song, I immediately said "That's one of John Mayer's favorite chords!" Yeah, I'm a band camp dork, I know, I know.

******

If I didn't clarify how much of a dork I truly am... I got tickets for me and my sister to see New Kids On the Block at the end of October at the Palace of Auburn Hills!!!! WOO!!! Yeah! I'll be singing my heart out to some "You Got the Right Stuff" and "Step by Step." :) I'm hoping it will be as much fun as the Spice Girls concert was.

******

That's all the randomness I've got for today. :)

1 comment:

Robin said...

A.) I have not tried the blog follower feature thingy. I have my "set" people that I visit. I dunno, maybe I'll use it for other blogs that I don't read weekly.

B.) I'm glad school is going well for you! :D

C.) Good for you for going to the gym. I wish I had a an ounce of motivation. :P

D.) Another version of Beat It? Must go check that out!

E.) NKOTB. LUCKY!! I saw them on the Today Show the other day, and I'm ashamed to admit, I didn't recognize the freakin' song!! Which was Step by Step by the way. For shame...

Don't you like how I alphabetized this comment? :P

Friday, September 12, 2008

Random Blurbs...

Note, this is all random blurbs, no one idea really leads in to something important. :)

Hmm, so I noticed Blogger has a function now so that you can keep track of blogs that you follow. Has anyone tried this? Just wondering if it would be of any value.

******

School so far is going good, and I know right now is the easy part! We'll see if I think everything is going so easy in another month or so! By then I'll have a paper I'm working on, a couple of projects to work on, and a research proposal to come up with. My thoughts are that if things seem to be manageable (see... haha, manageable is a word we use at Blue Lake, it's a way of saying things are going well without completely jinxing yourself!) then I could possibly go ahead and do 12 credits next semester, too. Well, it's just a thought at this point. Anyhow... one paper I'm working on is the causes of cervical cancer that are not covered by the Gardisil vaccine, and the others are TBA. I'd like to do a research proposal on involvements in the fine arts helping to motivate teenagers in to healthier lifestyle choices... however that might be pushing myself in to the Music Therapy realm... so we'll see if my professor approves the idea! If he approves it, I could possibly use it for my thesis, which is ridiculous to even consider at this point. He may be willing to approve it, seeing as this is the guy who wants me to run the health and fitness day camp possibly for an applied project next year. Ha... my boss Heidi definitely got a laugh out of that.

******

I need to do some crunches like yo, or someone is going to think I'm in the beginning stages of pregnancy! I went to the gym on Monday and honestly, I kicked my own ass. I did a half hour on the treadmill, and then did another half hour weight-loss program on the stationary bike. Yeah, my legs, were hurting so much afterwards I was honestly wondering if I'd be able to make it down the stairs to the locker room to get my stuff! And then, ha, getting back up the stairs was also quite the challenge. But it was a good kind of pain, you know? I can't wait to do it again this weekend. :)

******

In case you didn't know, the Fall Out Boy featuring John Mayer version of Beat It is kind of bad ass. :) And I'm such a dork, or obsessive fan, or music geek, that when I first heard the opening chord for the song, I immediately said "That's one of John Mayer's favorite chords!" Yeah, I'm a band camp dork, I know, I know.

******

If I didn't clarify how much of a dork I truly am... I got tickets for me and my sister to see New Kids On the Block at the end of October at the Palace of Auburn Hills!!!! WOO!!! Yeah! I'll be singing my heart out to some "You Got the Right Stuff" and "Step by Step." :) I'm hoping it will be as much fun as the Spice Girls concert was.

******

That's all the randomness I've got for today. :)

1 comment:

Robin said...

A.) I have not tried the blog follower feature thingy. I have my "set" people that I visit. I dunno, maybe I'll use it for other blogs that I don't read weekly.

B.) I'm glad school is going well for you! :D

C.) Good for you for going to the gym. I wish I had a an ounce of motivation. :P

D.) Another version of Beat It? Must go check that out!

E.) NKOTB. LUCKY!! I saw them on the Today Show the other day, and I'm ashamed to admit, I didn't recognize the freakin' song!! Which was Step by Step by the way. For shame...

Don't you like how I alphabetized this comment? :P