This is one of my favorite shots from the entire summer! This is my friend Nic, dressed up as Uncle Sam on the fourth of July... this guy is insane! He's loud, chain smokes, drinks moonshine, and is from the backwoods of Texas. Need I say more? But he also happens to be a total sweetheart.
This shot is from the last carnival of the summer... actually now that I think of it, this was taken the same day as that staff leadership picture. My friend Chris is dressed up like "Chicken Patty" (we have this goofy thing at camp about Chicken Patty [sandwich] Fridays). Chris gave me a kiss mere moments later with his chicken beak, which was hilarious.
See now, I had made the mistake of teaching our nurse Jennifer (seated) and my boss Jenn (standing) an ASL sign for saying "WOW!" when you put your hands up to your face in the "W" finger spelling. It then became this joke that we did whenever things were insane. Well, this was the morning after our third ambulance... at least we still had a sense of humor! PS, Jennifer our nurse was one of the most amazing people I've ever met.
Yes, this is EXACTLY what it looks like. This is from when my sis and friends from home came to visit me, and yes, we were pouring alcoholic drinks out of the back of my sister's car at a midnight beach visit. LOL We were some real bad asses, don't you think? From left to right, my sister Tiffany, Shannon, and Andrea. Don't worry, I was the D.D.
So we had a "Safari" day in the health lodge, and I bought this giant inflatable monkey from Oriental Tradings (Along with these awesome "safari" rubber duckies which were a huge hit). This was our attempt to demonstrate with the monkey the appropriate way to give a camper their medications. LOL
See now, this post was therapeutic for me... I'm not sad anymore! Now I'm laughing at all these random memories that are floating through my mind. :)
1 comment:
Great pictures! I am having the post-summer blues too.
I love the monkey!!
Post a Comment