Hmm... I really think there needs to be a cure for procrastination! Currently, I should be working on my theory assignment (five to six pages on why smoking is a problem, and using a health behavior theory to come up with a workplace smoking cessation program), but instead I'm on Facebook, checking email, and blogging. I promised myself that I would get just one, one page of the five or six done before I get to go out this afternoon. Here's hoping I can keep that promise to myself! Ah, and I just remembered I have yet to email one of the nurses I worked with this summer to ask her if I can give her an interview about the pros and cons of the Gardisil vaccine. Geez! I really need to get my butt in gear!
Seeing as I don't really have the energy to get my butt in gear, I'll continue with my blogging. :) This afternoon my friends and I are going to the movies. No... we're not seeing Twilight. No offense to anyone who is a fan of those books, but the whole series just doesn't seem appealing to me. The actors haven't seemed to make the film appealing, either. Every poster or trailer I've seen for the movie just seems kind of blah to me. Ah well, I guess I'll just be sticking to Harry Potter!
We're actually going to go see that movie called Role Models, which we all agreed looks really funny. Hopefully it will be! I'm looking forward to an afternoon with my friends, however, they've already given me a bit of a headache over this whole afternoon! Well, to be fair, it is one friend in particular who is giving me the headache.
It was sometime last weekend that I mentioned to my friends that we should all go to the movies. Now personally, since they all agreed that this would be a fun thing to do, I thought it would have made sense if they started throwing out ideas of when we should go. You know, like in response to me saying "Hey, want to go see Role Models sometime soon?", I thought a good response would have been, "Oh yeah, that'd be fun, how about Friday?"
Nothing with my friends is ever that simple. I got the reply of "Yes, we'd all like to go. Figure out a time for us." I love my friends, I really do, but why am I the only one who can plan something? Yes, I threw the idea out there, but no one could even help me out by telling me the times they were free when they said they'd like to go? Fastforward to me playing phone tag and texting people like crazy this past week, just to find out when everyone was free. And I still wasn't getting full responses until around yesterday! First my friend Andrea said "Oh yeah... next weekend will be cool, I just have to volunteer on Saturday." Okay... so what does that mean? Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, what? My friend Shannon said "Yeah, this weekend would be fun, how about Friday?" Okay... finally something I can work with. And as far as Miss Bernadette... well, I've been her friend for 19 years now (god that makes me feel old!), so I'm used to her late responses.
So... we're now at about Wednesday, when I text Andrea and ask her if Friday night is cool, since Shannon is free, and I was assuming Bernadette would be free. Andrea then gets an attitude with me via text message saying "YES... didn't I tell you this already? Besides, I think it would be more fun to do lunch and a movie on Saturday." What? Since when are you free on Saturday now? ERR. I was still waiting to hear back from Bernadette, but when I finally did hear from her, her reply was "Okay, I can do Friday, or Sunday, but probably not Saturday because it's my sister's birthday." Okay... great, we're all free on Friday, Friday night it is!
On Thursday night, I text everyone saying "Okay... looks like we're all free tomorrow night, let's plan on the movie at such and such theatre at such and such time." Problem solved, right? Wrong. I get a text back from Andrea saying "What? I can't do Friday, I made other plans. I thought we were doing Saturday?" SERIOUSLY??? In the words of my friend Bernadette, "I'd just say, oh well beyotch!" So now I was faced with a dilemma, just say forget Andrea, and the three of us go out, or try something else? I asked everyone about Sunday, only Shannon couldn't do it because her family was celebrating Thanksgiving early. If I had to choose between who of the three to leave out, I'd definitely pick Andrea. I was about three minutes from texting everyone yesterday afternoon that we were going that night and sorry if someone couldn't make it, when Bernadette called me to say she could do the Saturday afternoon, just not Saturday night.
Problem solved, finally. Except of course, it still wasn't that simple. I called Andrea yesterday evening to tell her we'd be going this afternoon, only to get this response from her: "Ahhh. Yeah... I guess. I mean, I am volunteering tomorrow morning... and my cousin is having her 21st birthday tomorrow night, and my day is going to be super busy... but seeing as no one cares what my plans are, I guess that will work for me."
ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I swear to god, if it were physically possible for me to reach through that phone and smack her I would have! I often feel bad because I think our group of friends would often be better off without Andrea... but I guess that's life? There always seems to be the one friend that you secretly think you could do without, and I have to admit, Andrea is usually that one. Of course, this frustration isn't just from this past week, because I've got years of similar behavior from Andrea to be frustrated over. Ah well, I'm going to be a grown up about this, and enjoy a movie today.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Friendly Frustrations
Hmm... I really think there needs to be a cure for procrastination! Currently, I should be working on my theory assignment (five to six pages on why smoking is a problem, and using a health behavior theory to come up with a workplace smoking cessation program), but instead I'm on Facebook, checking email, and blogging. I promised myself that I would get just one, one page of the five or six done before I get to go out this afternoon. Here's hoping I can keep that promise to myself! Ah, and I just remembered I have yet to email one of the nurses I worked with this summer to ask her if I can give her an interview about the pros and cons of the Gardisil vaccine. Geez! I really need to get my butt in gear!
Seeing as I don't really have the energy to get my butt in gear, I'll continue with my blogging. :) This afternoon my friends and I are going to the movies. No... we're not seeing Twilight. No offense to anyone who is a fan of those books, but the whole series just doesn't seem appealing to me. The actors haven't seemed to make the film appealing, either. Every poster or trailer I've seen for the movie just seems kind of blah to me. Ah well, I guess I'll just be sticking to Harry Potter!
We're actually going to go see that movie called Role Models, which we all agreed looks really funny. Hopefully it will be! I'm looking forward to an afternoon with my friends, however, they've already given me a bit of a headache over this whole afternoon! Well, to be fair, it is one friend in particular who is giving me the headache.
It was sometime last weekend that I mentioned to my friends that we should all go to the movies. Now personally, since they all agreed that this would be a fun thing to do, I thought it would have made sense if they started throwing out ideas of when we should go. You know, like in response to me saying "Hey, want to go see Role Models sometime soon?", I thought a good response would have been, "Oh yeah, that'd be fun, how about Friday?"
Nothing with my friends is ever that simple. I got the reply of "Yes, we'd all like to go. Figure out a time for us." I love my friends, I really do, but why am I the only one who can plan something? Yes, I threw the idea out there, but no one could even help me out by telling me the times they were free when they said they'd like to go? Fastforward to me playing phone tag and texting people like crazy this past week, just to find out when everyone was free. And I still wasn't getting full responses until around yesterday! First my friend Andrea said "Oh yeah... next weekend will be cool, I just have to volunteer on Saturday." Okay... so what does that mean? Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, what? My friend Shannon said "Yeah, this weekend would be fun, how about Friday?" Okay... finally something I can work with. And as far as Miss Bernadette... well, I've been her friend for 19 years now (god that makes me feel old!), so I'm used to her late responses.
So... we're now at about Wednesday, when I text Andrea and ask her if Friday night is cool, since Shannon is free, and I was assuming Bernadette would be free. Andrea then gets an attitude with me via text message saying "YES... didn't I tell you this already? Besides, I think it would be more fun to do lunch and a movie on Saturday." What? Since when are you free on Saturday now? ERR. I was still waiting to hear back from Bernadette, but when I finally did hear from her, her reply was "Okay, I can do Friday, or Sunday, but probably not Saturday because it's my sister's birthday." Okay... great, we're all free on Friday, Friday night it is!
On Thursday night, I text everyone saying "Okay... looks like we're all free tomorrow night, let's plan on the movie at such and such theatre at such and such time." Problem solved, right? Wrong. I get a text back from Andrea saying "What? I can't do Friday, I made other plans. I thought we were doing Saturday?" SERIOUSLY??? In the words of my friend Bernadette, "I'd just say, oh well beyotch!" So now I was faced with a dilemma, just say forget Andrea, and the three of us go out, or try something else? I asked everyone about Sunday, only Shannon couldn't do it because her family was celebrating Thanksgiving early. If I had to choose between who of the three to leave out, I'd definitely pick Andrea. I was about three minutes from texting everyone yesterday afternoon that we were going that night and sorry if someone couldn't make it, when Bernadette called me to say she could do the Saturday afternoon, just not Saturday night.
Problem solved, finally. Except of course, it still wasn't that simple. I called Andrea yesterday evening to tell her we'd be going this afternoon, only to get this response from her: "Ahhh. Yeah... I guess. I mean, I am volunteering tomorrow morning... and my cousin is having her 21st birthday tomorrow night, and my day is going to be super busy... but seeing as no one cares what my plans are, I guess that will work for me."
ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I swear to god, if it were physically possible for me to reach through that phone and smack her I would have! I often feel bad because I think our group of friends would often be better off without Andrea... but I guess that's life? There always seems to be the one friend that you secretly think you could do without, and I have to admit, Andrea is usually that one. Of course, this frustration isn't just from this past week, because I've got years of similar behavior from Andrea to be frustrated over. Ah well, I'm going to be a grown up about this, and enjoy a movie today.
Seeing as I don't really have the energy to get my butt in gear, I'll continue with my blogging. :) This afternoon my friends and I are going to the movies. No... we're not seeing Twilight. No offense to anyone who is a fan of those books, but the whole series just doesn't seem appealing to me. The actors haven't seemed to make the film appealing, either. Every poster or trailer I've seen for the movie just seems kind of blah to me. Ah well, I guess I'll just be sticking to Harry Potter!
We're actually going to go see that movie called Role Models, which we all agreed looks really funny. Hopefully it will be! I'm looking forward to an afternoon with my friends, however, they've already given me a bit of a headache over this whole afternoon! Well, to be fair, it is one friend in particular who is giving me the headache.
It was sometime last weekend that I mentioned to my friends that we should all go to the movies. Now personally, since they all agreed that this would be a fun thing to do, I thought it would have made sense if they started throwing out ideas of when we should go. You know, like in response to me saying "Hey, want to go see Role Models sometime soon?", I thought a good response would have been, "Oh yeah, that'd be fun, how about Friday?"
Nothing with my friends is ever that simple. I got the reply of "Yes, we'd all like to go. Figure out a time for us." I love my friends, I really do, but why am I the only one who can plan something? Yes, I threw the idea out there, but no one could even help me out by telling me the times they were free when they said they'd like to go? Fastforward to me playing phone tag and texting people like crazy this past week, just to find out when everyone was free. And I still wasn't getting full responses until around yesterday! First my friend Andrea said "Oh yeah... next weekend will be cool, I just have to volunteer on Saturday." Okay... so what does that mean? Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, what? My friend Shannon said "Yeah, this weekend would be fun, how about Friday?" Okay... finally something I can work with. And as far as Miss Bernadette... well, I've been her friend for 19 years now (god that makes me feel old!), so I'm used to her late responses.
So... we're now at about Wednesday, when I text Andrea and ask her if Friday night is cool, since Shannon is free, and I was assuming Bernadette would be free. Andrea then gets an attitude with me via text message saying "YES... didn't I tell you this already? Besides, I think it would be more fun to do lunch and a movie on Saturday." What? Since when are you free on Saturday now? ERR. I was still waiting to hear back from Bernadette, but when I finally did hear from her, her reply was "Okay, I can do Friday, or Sunday, but probably not Saturday because it's my sister's birthday." Okay... great, we're all free on Friday, Friday night it is!
On Thursday night, I text everyone saying "Okay... looks like we're all free tomorrow night, let's plan on the movie at such and such theatre at such and such time." Problem solved, right? Wrong. I get a text back from Andrea saying "What? I can't do Friday, I made other plans. I thought we were doing Saturday?" SERIOUSLY??? In the words of my friend Bernadette, "I'd just say, oh well beyotch!" So now I was faced with a dilemma, just say forget Andrea, and the three of us go out, or try something else? I asked everyone about Sunday, only Shannon couldn't do it because her family was celebrating Thanksgiving early. If I had to choose between who of the three to leave out, I'd definitely pick Andrea. I was about three minutes from texting everyone yesterday afternoon that we were going that night and sorry if someone couldn't make it, when Bernadette called me to say she could do the Saturday afternoon, just not Saturday night.
Problem solved, finally. Except of course, it still wasn't that simple. I called Andrea yesterday evening to tell her we'd be going this afternoon, only to get this response from her: "Ahhh. Yeah... I guess. I mean, I am volunteering tomorrow morning... and my cousin is having her 21st birthday tomorrow night, and my day is going to be super busy... but seeing as no one cares what my plans are, I guess that will work for me."
ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I swear to god, if it were physically possible for me to reach through that phone and smack her I would have! I often feel bad because I think our group of friends would often be better off without Andrea... but I guess that's life? There always seems to be the one friend that you secretly think you could do without, and I have to admit, Andrea is usually that one. Of course, this frustration isn't just from this past week, because I've got years of similar behavior from Andrea to be frustrated over. Ah well, I'm going to be a grown up about this, and enjoy a movie today.
1 comment:
- Robin said...
-
I'm with you on the Twilight movie. I'd much rather see Harry Potter in theaters right now! Daniel Radcliffe... ♥
There's always one in the bunch who is the P.I.T.A {pain in the a$$} about making plans, eh? Hope you had fun! -
1:24 AM EST
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm with you on the Twilight movie. I'd much rather see Harry Potter in theaters right now! Daniel Radcliffe... ♥
There's always one in the bunch who is the P.I.T.A {pain in the a$$} about making plans, eh? Hope you had fun!
Post a Comment