Friday, November 21, 2008
Friday Thoughts
Since everyone seemed to be interested in auras (the whole thing makes me laugh, but I'm glad people didn't think my blog yesterday was nutty!) I'm including a link for the Blogthings aura color test. I didn't bother to take it since my mom seems to be tester enough! Here's the link if you're curious about your own "aura." What Color Is Your Aura?
******
I've recently decided that I'm really glad that school is going well, and that I'd almost like to take an extra class next semester! Call me crazy... but the whole idea of getting done with my degree as fast as possible and getting a big kid job is very appealing to me right now! I'm really not happy doing subbing any longer, and I'd like to work mainly with adults! Don't get me wrong, I love kids (I hope I do, seeing as I'm focusing my degree on children's health and wellness!), but it gets really tedious constantly being in a new classroom, in a new building. The kids try to take advantage of me, and the day just becomes looooong. I worked a half day today, and in the span of three hours, I had two 14 year olds hit on me, and got major attitude from more than a few teenage girls. I'm probably just a little cranky from last week's experience, but ack! I'll be glad when I work with adults!
And throwing in a tad more about school... my professor is already starting in on me about making a model for my thesis. My thesis? As in actual research I'm responsible for, and will be published (to solely collect dust somewhere in a corner of the Michigan science library in Ann Arbor)? I know I need to start thinking about this, but it seems so out of my league! Who wants to read research done by me? And furthermore, the thought of my thesis being rejected is super scary! I heard that you have three tries to get it approved... what if I was that person who struck out three times?
Ah well, I've got to stop worrying over this kind of stuff... this is the stuff that keeps me up at night!
******
On a side note, I have recently become addicted to Swiss Cake Rolls. I got a box last weekend and am already through them! I must stop eating Little Debbie snack cakes!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Friday Thoughts
Since everyone seemed to be interested in auras (the whole thing makes me laugh, but I'm glad people didn't think my blog yesterday was nutty!) I'm including a link for the Blogthings aura color test. I didn't bother to take it since my mom seems to be tester enough! Here's the link if you're curious about your own "aura." What Color Is Your Aura?
******
I've recently decided that I'm really glad that school is going well, and that I'd almost like to take an extra class next semester! Call me crazy... but the whole idea of getting done with my degree as fast as possible and getting a big kid job is very appealing to me right now! I'm really not happy doing subbing any longer, and I'd like to work mainly with adults! Don't get me wrong, I love kids (I hope I do, seeing as I'm focusing my degree on children's health and wellness!), but it gets really tedious constantly being in a new classroom, in a new building. The kids try to take advantage of me, and the day just becomes looooong. I worked a half day today, and in the span of three hours, I had two 14 year olds hit on me, and got major attitude from more than a few teenage girls. I'm probably just a little cranky from last week's experience, but ack! I'll be glad when I work with adults!
And throwing in a tad more about school... my professor is already starting in on me about making a model for my thesis. My thesis? As in actual research I'm responsible for, and will be published (to solely collect dust somewhere in a corner of the Michigan science library in Ann Arbor)? I know I need to start thinking about this, but it seems so out of my league! Who wants to read research done by me? And furthermore, the thought of my thesis being rejected is super scary! I heard that you have three tries to get it approved... what if I was that person who struck out three times?
Ah well, I've got to stop worrying over this kind of stuff... this is the stuff that keeps me up at night!
******
On a side note, I have recently become addicted to Swiss Cake Rolls. I got a box last weekend and am already through them! I must stop eating Little Debbie snack cakes!
2 comments:
- Robin said...
-
I can't believe we're in the last week of NaBloPoMo?! It went by fast for me this time around. I'm kinda grateful for that. :-P
I understand {although I'm not even in school yet} of wanting to take more classes. Done and over with as soon as possible is my motto! -
9:20 PM EST
- Kim said...
-
I'm blue! :)
I'm so glad school's going well for you, too! And take the additional class! You're such a good student, you wouldn't have any problems handling it.
I honestly don't know how you sub like that. I used to have anxiety attacks when they'd make me take over another class at daycare...and I even somewhat knew all the kids. It's just what you said, you're new, you're away from their routine, and they're GOING to take advantage! Age 2 to 12. It's very hard. I commend you for it. Though considering you've got all that experience under your belt, things are going to be a piece of cake for you after you graduate. I know it. -
12:14 AM EST
2 comments:
I can't believe we're in the last week of NaBloPoMo?! It went by fast for me this time around. I'm kinda grateful for that. :-P
I understand {although I'm not even in school yet} of wanting to take more classes. Done and over with as soon as possible is my motto!
I'm blue! :)
I'm so glad school's going well for you, too! And take the additional class! You're such a good student, you wouldn't have any problems handling it.
I honestly don't know how you sub like that. I used to have anxiety attacks when they'd make me take over another class at daycare...and I even somewhat knew all the kids. It's just what you said, you're new, you're away from their routine, and they're GOING to take advantage! Age 2 to 12. It's very hard. I commend you for it. Though considering you've got all that experience under your belt, things are going to be a piece of cake for you after you graduate. I know it.
Post a Comment