Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted!!!

Yes, I am so proud to have voted! I hope you voted, too! I just think as a young adult it is sooo important to put in your two cents towards this country, and give your vote towards your candidate of choice!

So in honor of this historic night, either our first biracial (note I stress this since I too am biracial which is encompassing of African-American but yet, something different) President, or our first female Vice President will be elected, and I am devoting my blog tonight to event. How exciting is this night? I feel like I've been holding my breath all day long, waiting for the results. I just remember the first year I was old enough to vote, and voting for Gore and almost crying when it was finally revealed that Bush won. Will I be incredibly excited tonight, or will I spend another night crying? Only time will tell.

In my research methods class, we've been talking all about proper sampling and taking polls, etc. This has given me a lot of insight in to this election! Because of this, I have been very interested in the accuracy of the estimates of votes... so I took the polls of Yahoo! and CNN from last night to see how they hold up to the real results of tonight. To top it off (to show my complete excitement or my complete nerdiness, whichever), I also made my own predictions for tonight. Yes, I'm an uber dork, but this is so exciting!


So here we have the Yahoo! predictions as of last night around 11pm EST:



And here is the predictions from CNN, which is a lot more conservative than the Yahoo! polls...

And here we have my predictions, which were even more conservative than the CNN polls, but I still gave the slight advantage to Obama....

Okay, so now we sit and wait. That is if I don't have a heart attack first! Oh boy, I suspect a late night, with lots of caffeine and possibly some popcorn!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I don't want to count the chickens before they hatch. But it's looking pretty darn good for Obama, thank GOD! I'd move to Canada if Sarah Palin were VP. Seriously...

Kirby said...

"Will I be incredibly excited tonight, or will I spend another night crying?"

You were incredibly excited. :D

I was at work when the results came out. Everyone there was hoping for Obama, so there were a lot of cheers. We all had a beer to toast and celebrate our new president!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted!!!

Yes, I am so proud to have voted! I hope you voted, too! I just think as a young adult it is sooo important to put in your two cents towards this country, and give your vote towards your candidate of choice!

So in honor of this historic night, either our first biracial (note I stress this since I too am biracial which is encompassing of African-American but yet, something different) President, or our first female Vice President will be elected, and I am devoting my blog tonight to event. How exciting is this night? I feel like I've been holding my breath all day long, waiting for the results. I just remember the first year I was old enough to vote, and voting for Gore and almost crying when it was finally revealed that Bush won. Will I be incredibly excited tonight, or will I spend another night crying? Only time will tell.

In my research methods class, we've been talking all about proper sampling and taking polls, etc. This has given me a lot of insight in to this election! Because of this, I have been very interested in the accuracy of the estimates of votes... so I took the polls of Yahoo! and CNN from last night to see how they hold up to the real results of tonight. To top it off (to show my complete excitement or my complete nerdiness, whichever), I also made my own predictions for tonight. Yes, I'm an uber dork, but this is so exciting!


So here we have the Yahoo! predictions as of last night around 11pm EST:



And here is the predictions from CNN, which is a lot more conservative than the Yahoo! polls...

And here we have my predictions, which were even more conservative than the CNN polls, but I still gave the slight advantage to Obama....

Okay, so now we sit and wait. That is if I don't have a heart attack first! Oh boy, I suspect a late night, with lots of caffeine and possibly some popcorn!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I don't want to count the chickens before they hatch. But it's looking pretty darn good for Obama, thank GOD! I'd move to Canada if Sarah Palin were VP. Seriously...

Kirby said...

"Will I be incredibly excited tonight, or will I spend another night crying?"

You were incredibly excited. :D

I was at work when the results came out. Everyone there was hoping for Obama, so there were a lot of cheers. We all had a beer to toast and celebrate our new president!