Monday, November 3, 2008

Midterms, check!

Woo! Last of the midterms, done! I don't even know how I did (the test was all multiple choice and I hate multiple choice tests), but for better or worse it is over. I can breathe again! I really was feeling great today... besides for a little sniffle I would have had no idea that I had a cold. I guess the Zicam really did its job. Although as we speak, I am completely and utterly pooped out! I really do feel like I just went outside and ran a mile! I definitely can't wait to go to bed tonight.

It's just as well that I get in to bed early, because me and my mom plan on hitting our voting precinct no later than 10 am. I am so excited for tomorrow! It's almost like Christmas, only you don't know if Santa is going to bring you the most amazing present ever, or a big old lump coal. Which of course, that depends on what candidate you support! I hope everyone goes out and votes tomorrow, regardless of who you support.

******
On a humorous side note (well, humorous to me at least) my mother spent the whole day with my gramma. And since she's been home, the only thing she's been able to do is complain about the day. Not just about the events of today, but now she's going on and on about things that my grandmother does that has irritated her for years. I hope one day when I have children I can understand that it might just be possible that I can get on my children's nerves.

I am humored by my mother's irritation by her own mother because for the life of her, she refuses to even consider that she may cause a similar irritation to her own children. I had a fantastic English professor once (who happened to be Canadian and shared my love of the Stratford Festival and of Anne of Green Gables) who said that every daughter has at least thought the phrase "bitch" when it comes to her mother at least a few times in life, and that every mother should realize that on occasion. Not that I think this often of my mother... but lord knows on occasion it definitely pops in to my mind!

Well, that's all my philosophies for the night. I am going to attempt to finish eating dinner, and snuggle up under my blankie to watch some quality (note the sarcasm) television such as The Hills.

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOL, well I don't know that I've thought that word in regards to my mother to be honest...other words yes, but not that one. Though there are other mothers I've thought that of!! I do remember when my grandma was living with my parents for while, and I couldn't help but laugh at my mom's complaints about her being stubborn, not being able to change her routine, etc. Pot - Kettle.

Monday, November 3, 2008

Midterms, check!

Woo! Last of the midterms, done! I don't even know how I did (the test was all multiple choice and I hate multiple choice tests), but for better or worse it is over. I can breathe again! I really was feeling great today... besides for a little sniffle I would have had no idea that I had a cold. I guess the Zicam really did its job. Although as we speak, I am completely and utterly pooped out! I really do feel like I just went outside and ran a mile! I definitely can't wait to go to bed tonight.

It's just as well that I get in to bed early, because me and my mom plan on hitting our voting precinct no later than 10 am. I am so excited for tomorrow! It's almost like Christmas, only you don't know if Santa is going to bring you the most amazing present ever, or a big old lump coal. Which of course, that depends on what candidate you support! I hope everyone goes out and votes tomorrow, regardless of who you support.

******
On a humorous side note (well, humorous to me at least) my mother spent the whole day with my gramma. And since she's been home, the only thing she's been able to do is complain about the day. Not just about the events of today, but now she's going on and on about things that my grandmother does that has irritated her for years. I hope one day when I have children I can understand that it might just be possible that I can get on my children's nerves.

I am humored by my mother's irritation by her own mother because for the life of her, she refuses to even consider that she may cause a similar irritation to her own children. I had a fantastic English professor once (who happened to be Canadian and shared my love of the Stratford Festival and of Anne of Green Gables) who said that every daughter has at least thought the phrase "bitch" when it comes to her mother at least a few times in life, and that every mother should realize that on occasion. Not that I think this often of my mother... but lord knows on occasion it definitely pops in to my mind!

Well, that's all my philosophies for the night. I am going to attempt to finish eating dinner, and snuggle up under my blankie to watch some quality (note the sarcasm) television such as The Hills.

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOL, well I don't know that I've thought that word in regards to my mother to be honest...other words yes, but not that one. Though there are other mothers I've thought that of!! I do remember when my grandma was living with my parents for while, and I couldn't help but laugh at my mom's complaints about her being stubborn, not being able to change her routine, etc. Pot - Kettle.