Monday, November 17, 2008
Not My Day
First of all, I feel like I can not escape my mother. I know this would all be remedied if I moved out... but well, funds are tight and moving out would not be the best idea right now. Sigh. First she bickered at me for not drying the towels properly (yes, apparently, turning the dryer on is so complicated that only she can manage to do it right), and then she bitched at me for the second or third time that I bought her the regular Activia... and not the light Activia (also known as the yogurt that makes you poop), and it's not about the fat content she insists, it's only that she likes the light better. I already explained to her that I knew she wanted the light and I accidentally picked up the wrong pack... how many times does she buy the completely wrong groceries and then gets an attitude when you don't want to eat something you don't like? Ah. She proceeded to get out the container and show me where the "light" was highlighted, because apparently I'm also incapable of reading.
Then, I went to the school board to file my complaint. I never heard back from the woman I emailed at HR, so I decided to go to HR in person. The school district's website lead me to believe that I could file a report there... but when I got to HR they told me I had to get in contact with the teacher's union to file a report. (I still think that's bull crap... but what can I do?) They were nice enough to give me a phone number for the union... but of course when I called the union, the woman I needed to talk to was out to lunch. (Who goes to lunch at 2:30 pm?) It's after four and I haven't heard anything back. I am tired of this run around! I am going to bug these people every. single. day. if I need to! I'm not trying to "fight" anyone... I just want people to take responsibility for their poor actions.
After that uneventful trip, I went to my optometrist's office to pick up my contacts. It has been over a month since I had my check up, and I never received a call about my contacts. Although this has happened in the past years, so I thought it was the same situation. (The receptionist always swears they gave me a call, I just didn't get the message somehow). Anyhow, I stopped by expecting to pick up my contacts, only that didn't happen. One of the assistants came out to apologize profusely, saying that somehow they forgot to order them, and that they'll put a rush on the order. Well, what was I going to do, yell? I mean, I could do that... but what would that solve? Lord knows I've spent enough time over the summer getting yelled at by some irrational parent, like it's my fault their kid has pink eye... or getting chewed out for something one of my staff did. I'm not going to start yelling over something that was a simple mistake, so I told them it was fine, and please be sure to give me a call as soon as they come in.
When I got home, of course Teddy had to jump all over me, giving a big scratch down my neck. And then my mother started going on again about the damn yogurt... and then telling me how I should just not even waste my time with filing a report if everyone was going to give me the run around. (Did I ever mention that my mother is someone who will quickly give up if something is frustrating? It bugs me to no end!) Then she went on to tell me that she would have told them at the optometrist's office to get their stuff together. AHHHH. Seriously, I thought I was going to scream.
So, that's my day... I'm now going to study for a test, and hopefully the luck of the day so far won't rub off on my test.
******
Edited to add: Got an email back from the head of HR, they said that my email was enough to be an official, written statement, and that they will be conducting an investigation. How far it gets me, I don't really care, I just want someone to listen! Finally, hopefully... this can be resolved.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Not My Day
First of all, I feel like I can not escape my mother. I know this would all be remedied if I moved out... but well, funds are tight and moving out would not be the best idea right now. Sigh. First she bickered at me for not drying the towels properly (yes, apparently, turning the dryer on is so complicated that only she can manage to do it right), and then she bitched at me for the second or third time that I bought her the regular Activia... and not the light Activia (also known as the yogurt that makes you poop), and it's not about the fat content she insists, it's only that she likes the light better. I already explained to her that I knew she wanted the light and I accidentally picked up the wrong pack... how many times does she buy the completely wrong groceries and then gets an attitude when you don't want to eat something you don't like? Ah. She proceeded to get out the container and show me where the "light" was highlighted, because apparently I'm also incapable of reading.
Then, I went to the school board to file my complaint. I never heard back from the woman I emailed at HR, so I decided to go to HR in person. The school district's website lead me to believe that I could file a report there... but when I got to HR they told me I had to get in contact with the teacher's union to file a report. (I still think that's bull crap... but what can I do?) They were nice enough to give me a phone number for the union... but of course when I called the union, the woman I needed to talk to was out to lunch. (Who goes to lunch at 2:30 pm?) It's after four and I haven't heard anything back. I am tired of this run around! I am going to bug these people every. single. day. if I need to! I'm not trying to "fight" anyone... I just want people to take responsibility for their poor actions.
After that uneventful trip, I went to my optometrist's office to pick up my contacts. It has been over a month since I had my check up, and I never received a call about my contacts. Although this has happened in the past years, so I thought it was the same situation. (The receptionist always swears they gave me a call, I just didn't get the message somehow). Anyhow, I stopped by expecting to pick up my contacts, only that didn't happen. One of the assistants came out to apologize profusely, saying that somehow they forgot to order them, and that they'll put a rush on the order. Well, what was I going to do, yell? I mean, I could do that... but what would that solve? Lord knows I've spent enough time over the summer getting yelled at by some irrational parent, like it's my fault their kid has pink eye... or getting chewed out for something one of my staff did. I'm not going to start yelling over something that was a simple mistake, so I told them it was fine, and please be sure to give me a call as soon as they come in.
When I got home, of course Teddy had to jump all over me, giving a big scratch down my neck. And then my mother started going on again about the damn yogurt... and then telling me how I should just not even waste my time with filing a report if everyone was going to give me the run around. (Did I ever mention that my mother is someone who will quickly give up if something is frustrating? It bugs me to no end!) Then she went on to tell me that she would have told them at the optometrist's office to get their stuff together. AHHHH. Seriously, I thought I was going to scream.
So, that's my day... I'm now going to study for a test, and hopefully the luck of the day so far won't rub off on my test.
******
Edited to add: Got an email back from the head of HR, they said that my email was enough to be an official, written statement, and that they will be conducting an investigation. How far it gets me, I don't really care, I just want someone to listen! Finally, hopefully... this can be resolved.
3 comments:
- Heather said...
-
I'm stunned that people can even eat Activia. I swear, it threw my system into such a loop I almost tossed my cookies and passed out after I ate it. I was sweating up a storm! Not pretty.
Glad your day got a little bit better at the end.
I bet the folks at the optometrist's office appreciated that you didn't let them "have it." :) -
8:53 PM EST
- Robin said...
-
Hopefully it was just a case of "Mondays!" A quote from the movie Office Space. :P
Here's wishing you a much better week! :) -
10:28 PM EST
- Kim said...
-
Yeah, you definitely need to take some time away from your mom...even just a few walks a day (bundled up tight, of course), go to the library, something! I can see you're wearing thin. And Activa may make you poop, but the taste is awful! Give me my Yoplait!
I hope your week gets better! -
10:01 AM EST
3 comments:
I'm stunned that people can even eat Activia. I swear, it threw my system into such a loop I almost tossed my cookies and passed out after I ate it. I was sweating up a storm! Not pretty.
Glad your day got a little bit better at the end.
I bet the folks at the optometrist's office appreciated that you didn't let them "have it." :)
Hopefully it was just a case of "Mondays!" A quote from the movie Office Space. :P
Here's wishing you a much better week! :)
Yeah, you definitely need to take some time away from your mom...even just a few walks a day (bundled up tight, of course), go to the library, something! I can see you're wearing thin. And Activa may make you poop, but the taste is awful! Give me my Yoplait!
I hope your week gets better!
Post a Comment