Before I get in to my year in review, I'd like to say that my 30 Day Challenge is fully underway! Instead of starting on the 27th or 28th, I started yesterday. I figured I should be in the right frame of mind to do it... so far so good! My abs are really sore, but other than that it is going well.
I was already planning on doing a year in review type of thing, but then I saw how organized Robin had it on her blog... and I decided to do it similarly!
So I'm going to through, month by month, and try to sum up some of the events of the past year.
January
1. Spent New Years by myself... and enjoyed the quiet!
2. Started facing some of my anxieties about the future head on.
3. Had a mini-meltdown over some mean spirited things my friend Dan said to me... in return I confronted one of my bosses at my summer job and was thus treated significantly better this past summer.
4. Turned 26, and my casual birthday party ended up kind of reuniting me with old friends... thus starting our girls' night ritual.
February
1. Talked to an advisor about grad programs... went to a grad school fair with my friend Bernadette.
2. Didn't have a valentine... but received about 20 valentines from a class of first graders which was better than a stupid boy, anyhow. ;)
3. Went to the Spice Girls concert with my sister... had a blast!
March
1. I started working with school districts outside of the city... picked up a lot more work, and a more pleasant working environment!
2. My friend Dan drunkenly declared his love... or rather lust for me. Ack.
3. I spent the wee hours of Easter Sunday at the ER vet clinic with my mother after Tabitha mysteriously was in pain... only to get peed on, Tabby busting her lip from fear, and to find out nothing was really wrong with her.
4. Had my last concert with the Flint Festival Chorus.
April
1. Officially applied for grad school.
2. Sat through a long and boring CPR-PR review class.
3. Got stuck in the middle of a high speed chase while on my way to work!
May
1. Flew on an airplane for the first time... found out why people hate airlines!
2. Visited Philadelphia and New York City for the first time.
3. Got the "stomach flu" for the first time in around 14 years... was absolutely miserable!
4. Officially got accepted to grad school! :)
5. Did my 5th May Weekend at Blue Lake.
6. Had a little going-away for the summer party with my friends, had a great dinner and saw the Sex and the City movie... had a blast :)
June
1. Went to work at Blue Lake for my 7th summer.
2. Had some frustrations with my boss Jenn... only for my boss Adrian to get very upset with the things I told him... the two of them got in a knock-down dragout of a fight over me... DRAMA!
3. Called our first of many ambulances of the summer... fun, fun. (Not.)
July
1. Was part of the EMS team when a co-worker had a stroke... incredibly scary moment.
2. Boldly told a boy I thought he was cute... spent the rest of the month flirting shamelessly with him.
3. Got drunk, for really the first time, spent my night in a heap on the floor giggling non-stop. (I don't regret it at all!)
August
1. My friends brought their craziness to Muskegon as they came to visit me at camp... craziness ensued... followed by me getting really upset with my sister!
2. Sat down and had a heart to heart with my boss Heidi, telling me I could "pick" whatever I wanted to do in the future.
3. Spent the last day of camp helping an elderly man who thought he was having a heart attack before the 5th ambulance of the season arrived.
4. Got home, and started grad school!
September
1. Went through camp withdrawals... missed all my friends dearly.
2. Settled in to the world of grad school.
October
1. Did the Strides Against Breast Cancer walk with Eta Sigma Gamma, the honors fraternity I'm soon to be a member of.
2. Went to the New Kids on the Block concert with my sister, had fun being a swoony girl. :)
3. Interviewed for my first "professional" job... realized I really didn't want it!
4. Had a fun Halloween with all the girls.
November
1. Did NaBloPoMo for the second year.
2. Got through midterms!
3. Lived to see a historic election :)
4. Had a run in with a very unprofessional principal... cementing the fact that I HATE subbing.
5. Had a nice Thanksgiving with my family.
6. Got to see a Pistons game with my friends.
December
1. Lived through the hell of finals... remembered why I was so glad to finish my bachelor's degree!
2. Gave my boss a headache by telling her I wasn't planning on signing a contract for the summer anytime soon!
3. Had a pretty relaxing Christmas with my family.
4. Started a 30 Day Challenge... realized when going through my archives that the original was only a 21 Day challenge... lol!
******
I've been really pissy today... looking back through the year at all the times I took other people's thoughts or feelings in to consideration more than my own. I've definitely been successful this past year in speaking up for myself, but I got really angry with myself realizing I still have a lot of passive-aggressive tendencies. In the end, getting angry isn't really helping, the only thing I can do is make it a point to grow in the future.
2 comments:
Very cool to see everything summed up this way! :-D
I'm in a pissy mood today, too. I don't know why though?
I think a lot of us are taught from a young age not to speak up, just go with the flow. It can be a tough adjustment later on to speak up and be assertive. I recently read in a book that assertiveness is about being your authentic self. It's given me a better framework for what I'm trying to achieve. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment