Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow break!

11:29 PM

Oh, the joy of break! Sweet, beautiful joy of break! :) Can you tell I'm happy to have survived finals? I seriously thought I was going to have an anxiety attack, especially with all the other non-school related drama going on around here. But I survived... to live to see another stressful moment of finals! Hopefully come April I'll be a little less on edge than I was this month!

I didn't do a lot yesterday... I went to the gym (it felt glorious to finally get some exercise!), I did some last Christmas shopping, and went on the world's longest grocery trip with my mom. Ah... other than that, I didn't do much of anything. Today I've done some stuff, although it doesn't look like I've done much! But I have enjoyed the relaxed attitude of the day. So, first, I slept in until 10:30. I had breakfast at noon, watched the Young and the Restless, played on Facebook, played with the doggies... then I actually started getting a bit of work done. I put all of my textbooks away, cleaned out my armiore (boy is there a lot of crap in there!), cleaned off my nightstand, did some dusting, did a load of laundry... and I'm thinking I might wrap my sister's birthday present before I go to bed. I also got in to an argument with my mom (apparently she doesn't approve of me sending out my Christmas cards this late... I'm still rolling my eyes at the thought), and found time to play Risk online. Yep, all in all, productive day. :)

In other news, the kiddies definitely got a snow day today! I guess the snow started at around 4am, but I can't be sure of that since I was snoozing! I know that when I woke up at 10:30, you could barely tell where the road was... and the news reported that we got 10 inches of snow! In case anyone was worried that we might not have a white Christmas... I think those worries can be safely put to rest. I took a few pictures, too! (Robin inspired me!)




This is a shot from my bedroom window... my dad couldn't get his car to the garage until he shoveled, so in the driveway it sat!



A blurry shot of Teddy and Tabby playing in the snow (I took it from the bathroom window).



Here's a shot of Tabby next to the pile of snow my dad had created after shoveling the driveway.

The snow is great and all for Christmas, but I have a feeling as of January 1, 2009, I'll be sick of it! Hopefully our winter won't be quite as crazy as last year's... but at the rate we're going I think it will be worse.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Those are such cute pictures of the dogs! :)

Kim said...

Well, it sure is pretty...but I can definitely understand how you'd get sick of it! I get nervous just thinking about driving in that stuff!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow break!

11:29 PM

Oh, the joy of break! Sweet, beautiful joy of break! :) Can you tell I'm happy to have survived finals? I seriously thought I was going to have an anxiety attack, especially with all the other non-school related drama going on around here. But I survived... to live to see another stressful moment of finals! Hopefully come April I'll be a little less on edge than I was this month!

I didn't do a lot yesterday... I went to the gym (it felt glorious to finally get some exercise!), I did some last Christmas shopping, and went on the world's longest grocery trip with my mom. Ah... other than that, I didn't do much of anything. Today I've done some stuff, although it doesn't look like I've done much! But I have enjoyed the relaxed attitude of the day. So, first, I slept in until 10:30. I had breakfast at noon, watched the Young and the Restless, played on Facebook, played with the doggies... then I actually started getting a bit of work done. I put all of my textbooks away, cleaned out my armiore (boy is there a lot of crap in there!), cleaned off my nightstand, did some dusting, did a load of laundry... and I'm thinking I might wrap my sister's birthday present before I go to bed. I also got in to an argument with my mom (apparently she doesn't approve of me sending out my Christmas cards this late... I'm still rolling my eyes at the thought), and found time to play Risk online. Yep, all in all, productive day. :)

In other news, the kiddies definitely got a snow day today! I guess the snow started at around 4am, but I can't be sure of that since I was snoozing! I know that when I woke up at 10:30, you could barely tell where the road was... and the news reported that we got 10 inches of snow! In case anyone was worried that we might not have a white Christmas... I think those worries can be safely put to rest. I took a few pictures, too! (Robin inspired me!)




This is a shot from my bedroom window... my dad couldn't get his car to the garage until he shoveled, so in the driveway it sat!



A blurry shot of Teddy and Tabby playing in the snow (I took it from the bathroom window).



Here's a shot of Tabby next to the pile of snow my dad had created after shoveling the driveway.

The snow is great and all for Christmas, but I have a feeling as of January 1, 2009, I'll be sick of it! Hopefully our winter won't be quite as crazy as last year's... but at the rate we're going I think it will be worse.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Those are such cute pictures of the dogs! :)

Kim said...

Well, it sure is pretty...but I can definitely understand how you'd get sick of it! I get nervous just thinking about driving in that stuff!