Wednesday, January 28, 2009
D*R*A*M*A
My biggest pain right now is that my digital camera seems to be on the fritz... there are vertical lines on every photo I take! The biggest annoyance is that the video function works just fine. I was looking online and I found that this was a common complaint for my camera model after people had owned it for two to three years. Well damn... my camera is just a little over two years old, and it pisses me off to think about buying a new one so soon! I think if you spend more than $200 for a camera, the least you should be able to expect is for it to last for a few years! I read something about it being a sensor that's gone bad... and with what it looks like it would cost to get it repaired, I might as well get a new camera.
******
So you're probably wondering why I titled my post "drama" seeing as I haven't spoken of any so far. Well, that's where today got interesting.
This morning (well, actually it was around 12:30 pm, it just felt like the morning since I got up late), I get a call from my boss/friend Jenn. (This is the one who asked me to be a bridesmaid in her lesbian wedding). The first thing she says to me is not hi, instead she says "What are you doing?" Which made me hesitate a little bit. The tone of her voice sounded odd, and I wasn't sure why she was calling me on her lunch break, if it didn't have anything to do with work. When I told her I was just putting laundry away, she immediately started rambling/bawling/sobbing. I couldn't understand a word she was saying, so I kept having to say "Okay, calm down, take a breath... breathe... tell me what's going on, are you okay?"
In response to this, I get a response of "I...(sob)...think... Jess... (gasp...sob)... just... broke... (sob)... up... (gasp)... with... me!!!!"
Now we went back to the incoherent sobbing once again. I just sat in silence for a moment. What was I supposed to say? I ended up telling her I was sorry, and my heart went out to her, and then asked her what happened to make her think this? She finally told me that Jess sent a text message to her this morning that said "I finally decided this morning I'm not going to marry Jenn, and I feel so much better."
When I asked her how it was that Jess sent that message to her, Jenn explained that she called Jessica, and Jessica had actually meant to send it to a friend, and that it wasn't meant for Jenn's eyes. (Um, seriously, if you're going to send a message out like that, you'd damn well better be sure the text gets delivered to the right person!). Apparently Jess went on to explain that she didn't want to get married after all.
So that's how we got to Jenn sobbing hysterically to me on the phone. And what do you say to someone who is that upset, who is miles away? I kept telling her that she should go out and get some fresh air, or call a friend who is nearby who could come and visit her, but she refused. She then told me she was going to "go throw up again" and then finished the conversation with "well, thanks for nothing."
Thanks for nothing? Now I was a little pissed. I know you're upset and all, but you call me, dumping all of this on me, I sit and listen, tell you how sorry I am, and you finish the conversation with "Thanks for nothing?" Seriously... the lesbian drama... I'm so over it. And you breaking up with someone still does not give you the right to be a total bitch to the person you called to cry to.
Anyway, I just kind of rolled my eyes as I hung up the phone. was this all that surprising to me? Honestly, no. Too many times I've heard from mutual friends that Jess had made comments about breaking it off with Jenn, so I wasn't shocked. I mean, on the one hand I feel kind of mean for not telling Jenn those rumors that I'd heard, but on the other hand, it's totally not my place! What am I supposed to say, "Hey, I heard from so and so, that Jess told so and so that she maybe isn't wanting to marry you."??? Yeah, that's not something I plan to do. Thanks but no, I was trying very hard not to get dragged in to their melodrama of a relationship.
A few hours later, I was again, home, not doing much, when Jenn called me again. This time she was a lot more rational, and said something about "Oh, I talked to Jess. She said she isn't ready to get married, but she still wants to be with me. It's not exactly the solution I wanted, but at least we're still together. I guess we don't have to get married, not like it would be legal here anyhow... but yeah. Sorry I was a little dramatic earlier."
Ah. Somehow I know this is all going to bite me in the ass later on! So help me god, if Jess breaks up with Jenn during the summer, and I have to put up with her going all ridiculous and crazy, I'm going to lose my mind. I feel bad not being more sympathetic, but seriously... the drama. It wouldn't be so bad if they could just break up and have it over with, but I know that Jenn will turn it in to a huge thing, and will make life hell for all of those who work around her. Here's hoping they stay together, at least until September.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
D*R*A*M*A
My biggest pain right now is that my digital camera seems to be on the fritz... there are vertical lines on every photo I take! The biggest annoyance is that the video function works just fine. I was looking online and I found that this was a common complaint for my camera model after people had owned it for two to three years. Well damn... my camera is just a little over two years old, and it pisses me off to think about buying a new one so soon! I think if you spend more than $200 for a camera, the least you should be able to expect is for it to last for a few years! I read something about it being a sensor that's gone bad... and with what it looks like it would cost to get it repaired, I might as well get a new camera.
******
So you're probably wondering why I titled my post "drama" seeing as I haven't spoken of any so far. Well, that's where today got interesting.
This morning (well, actually it was around 12:30 pm, it just felt like the morning since I got up late), I get a call from my boss/friend Jenn. (This is the one who asked me to be a bridesmaid in her lesbian wedding). The first thing she says to me is not hi, instead she says "What are you doing?" Which made me hesitate a little bit. The tone of her voice sounded odd, and I wasn't sure why she was calling me on her lunch break, if it didn't have anything to do with work. When I told her I was just putting laundry away, she immediately started rambling/bawling/sobbing. I couldn't understand a word she was saying, so I kept having to say "Okay, calm down, take a breath... breathe... tell me what's going on, are you okay?"
In response to this, I get a response of "I...(sob)...think... Jess... (gasp...sob)... just... broke... (sob)... up... (gasp)... with... me!!!!"
Now we went back to the incoherent sobbing once again. I just sat in silence for a moment. What was I supposed to say? I ended up telling her I was sorry, and my heart went out to her, and then asked her what happened to make her think this? She finally told me that Jess sent a text message to her this morning that said "I finally decided this morning I'm not going to marry Jenn, and I feel so much better."
When I asked her how it was that Jess sent that message to her, Jenn explained that she called Jessica, and Jessica had actually meant to send it to a friend, and that it wasn't meant for Jenn's eyes. (Um, seriously, if you're going to send a message out like that, you'd damn well better be sure the text gets delivered to the right person!). Apparently Jess went on to explain that she didn't want to get married after all.
So that's how we got to Jenn sobbing hysterically to me on the phone. And what do you say to someone who is that upset, who is miles away? I kept telling her that she should go out and get some fresh air, or call a friend who is nearby who could come and visit her, but she refused. She then told me she was going to "go throw up again" and then finished the conversation with "well, thanks for nothing."
Thanks for nothing? Now I was a little pissed. I know you're upset and all, but you call me, dumping all of this on me, I sit and listen, tell you how sorry I am, and you finish the conversation with "Thanks for nothing?" Seriously... the lesbian drama... I'm so over it. And you breaking up with someone still does not give you the right to be a total bitch to the person you called to cry to.
Anyway, I just kind of rolled my eyes as I hung up the phone. was this all that surprising to me? Honestly, no. Too many times I've heard from mutual friends that Jess had made comments about breaking it off with Jenn, so I wasn't shocked. I mean, on the one hand I feel kind of mean for not telling Jenn those rumors that I'd heard, but on the other hand, it's totally not my place! What am I supposed to say, "Hey, I heard from so and so, that Jess told so and so that she maybe isn't wanting to marry you."??? Yeah, that's not something I plan to do. Thanks but no, I was trying very hard not to get dragged in to their melodrama of a relationship.
A few hours later, I was again, home, not doing much, when Jenn called me again. This time she was a lot more rational, and said something about "Oh, I talked to Jess. She said she isn't ready to get married, but she still wants to be with me. It's not exactly the solution I wanted, but at least we're still together. I guess we don't have to get married, not like it would be legal here anyhow... but yeah. Sorry I was a little dramatic earlier."
Ah. Somehow I know this is all going to bite me in the ass later on! So help me god, if Jess breaks up with Jenn during the summer, and I have to put up with her going all ridiculous and crazy, I'm going to lose my mind. I feel bad not being more sympathetic, but seriously... the drama. It wouldn't be so bad if they could just break up and have it over with, but I know that Jenn will turn it in to a huge thing, and will make life hell for all of those who work around her. Here's hoping they stay together, at least until September.
9 comments:
- Heather said...
-
Yikes. Dealing with relationship drama is not fun. Let's just say I've bought several people nice presents for several years to make up for the drama I exposed them to in my 20s (totally didn't expect them to solve my probs, though).
-
11:36 PM EST
- Heather said...
-
Wanted to add that I almost posted about M*A*S*H tonight, so I was a bit taken aback when I got done with my posted and saw yours about D*R*A*M*A. Hee hee. :D
-
11:38 PM EST
- Kirby said...
-
No fun! That was pretty rude for her to say "thanks for nothing." Geez. Relationship drama is annoying.
That's junky that your camera is dying! I would be upset if something like that broke after just two years. Luckily the prices on cameras seem to have gone down a lot in the past couple of years. I bought my 5 mp p&s in 2006 for over $200, and now a similar one is less than $130 and has twice the megapixels and features. -
2:52 AM EST
- Tamara said...
-
Yup Evonne, I was pricing cameras, and it cost over $200 two years ago for 6 mp and a 3x optimal zoom, and now that camera is now about $120... so the good thing is that I can get an upgrade for cheaper. That's the only good part!
-
5:19 PM EST
- Kirby said...
-
I am in love with your new template! I have been thinking about putting up a Valentine's one too. I might do that today.
-
2:52 PM EST
- Tamara said...
-
Thanks... the cupcake was cute and probably could have went through Valentine's day, but, well I thought it would be nice for a change.
-
3:18 PM EST
- Robin said...
-
Tamara,
Just FYI: I have my blog open by invite only {you'll see why}. I sent the request to your UofM email though. If you haven't checked that or, have another email, let me know at Riverdancegirl24@yahoo.com
:D
I need to come back and comment on this post too! :P -
5:52 PM EST
- Robin said...
-
I'm sorry your camera is on the fritz. It's so infuriating when you spend good money on something, and then it doesn't last! Grr.
As for Jenn? Wow. And that "Thanks for nothing" comment? Wow! I mean I know when someone is emotional they might say things, but that was just flat out rude! It's not like you didn't lend your ear to her and offer her advice! It sounds to me like the both of them aren't ready {obviously} for the commitment of marriage. Nor do they seems to be taking the relationship seriously. They should just break up and be done with it. Ay yi yi... -
5:59 PM EST
-
Anonymous said...
-
The cupcake gave me cravings. . . :p
-
5:20 PM EST
9 comments:
Yikes. Dealing with relationship drama is not fun. Let's just say I've bought several people nice presents for several years to make up for the drama I exposed them to in my 20s (totally didn't expect them to solve my probs, though).
Wanted to add that I almost posted about M*A*S*H tonight, so I was a bit taken aback when I got done with my posted and saw yours about D*R*A*M*A. Hee hee. :D
No fun! That was pretty rude for her to say "thanks for nothing." Geez. Relationship drama is annoying.
That's junky that your camera is dying! I would be upset if something like that broke after just two years. Luckily the prices on cameras seem to have gone down a lot in the past couple of years. I bought my 5 mp p&s in 2006 for over $200, and now a similar one is less than $130 and has twice the megapixels and features.
Yup Evonne, I was pricing cameras, and it cost over $200 two years ago for 6 mp and a 3x optimal zoom, and now that camera is now about $120... so the good thing is that I can get an upgrade for cheaper. That's the only good part!
I am in love with your new template! I have been thinking about putting up a Valentine's one too. I might do that today.
Thanks... the cupcake was cute and probably could have went through Valentine's day, but, well I thought it would be nice for a change.
Tamara,
Just FYI: I have my blog open by invite only {you'll see why}. I sent the request to your UofM email though. If you haven't checked that or, have another email, let me know at Riverdancegirl24@yahoo.com
:D
I need to come back and comment on this post too! :P
I'm sorry your camera is on the fritz. It's so infuriating when you spend good money on something, and then it doesn't last! Grr.
As for Jenn? Wow. And that "Thanks for nothing" comment? Wow! I mean I know when someone is emotional they might say things, but that was just flat out rude! It's not like you didn't lend your ear to her and offer her advice! It sounds to me like the both of them aren't ready {obviously} for the commitment of marriage. Nor do they seems to be taking the relationship seriously. They should just break up and be done with it. Ay yi yi...
The cupcake gave me cravings. . . :p
Post a Comment