Friday, January 16, 2009

Randomness and a Busy Week

It is flipping freezing cold! I know anyone reading my blog probably doesn't need the reminder, but damn! It's cold outside! I sincerely hope that this is officially the coldest point in our year. If I look at it that way, I can feel optimistic. But if we're going to have another one of these looooow dips in February, well, I'm going to be pissy.

******
So I'm watching Jeopardy, and man, it's like bad haircut central! Is there some rule that says in order to be smart, you must have horrible hair? The woman on the show looked decent, but the two men (ooh... wait, is that a man or a woman? Seriously, no joke... I can't tell. He/She has some serious "Pat" qualities going on...) Anyhow, the womanly looking one looks decent, but the man, and the possible-man have horrible haircuts. The man/woman looks like someone put a bowl on its head. And yes, sorry if I have offended anyone.

******
I'm gearing up for my trip to Washington, D.C.! Overall I think this trip is going to be kind of crazy. I'm almost wondering what the heck I was thinking! It sounds like D.C. is going to be just a big old cluster*&$! on Tuesday, so here's hoping I make it back to Flint in one piece! We're trying to leave now by 2pm, and our "window" of arrival time that the Department of Homeland Security has given us is 4:30-6:30am. Basically, if our bus is late, we have turn around and go back to Michigan! Once we get to D.C., we're getting dropped off and let to go on our merry little way. We can basically do whatever we want, we just have to be back at our bus by 7pm or we get left behind!

I'm going to print off some maps of the area (lord knows if I don't I'll probably get lost!), and I'm going to be dressed in lots of layers! Plus, I'm filling my pockets up with lots of little snack foods. They say the inauguration and parade will be like Times Square at New Years Eve, once you're behind the gate, you're there to stay! I have a couple of friends (one from college, one from high school) who live in D.C. and will be attending the festivities, so I am hoping to meet up with them for the remainder of the day. How I'm going to find them in a crowd of 2 or 3 million people, I don't know... but hopefully some well executed text messages can help us locate each other. Anyhow, I plan to take lots of pictures!

******
Next week is going to be pretty crazy now that I really think about it! We're leaving Flint on Monday around 2pm. On Tuesday, besides for the festivities, I actually have a paper due (I'll be hopefully emailing that to my professor Monday morning). We will be back in Flint Wednesday morning, and I suspect I'll be catching up on sleep for most of that day. Thursday is my birthday (I'm actually excited about that, even with the one step closer the 30 moment I'll be having!), and I've been eyeing the Devil's Food cake mix that is in the pantry, so really, my birthday can't come soon enough. Friday is my birthday "party" (really just dinner and a movie with the girlies), and Saturday my dad and I are going to the Michigan v. Northwestern basketball game in Ann Arbor. So yeah... next week is going to be a bit crazy! But I'm looking forward to it. :) The only question is, when am I going to study?





You Are a Bit of a Procrastinator



You tend to get things done in a timely manner, but you can't help but put off tasks you hate.

You have no problem getting the fun or easy stuff done. You generally enjoy taking care of responsibilities.



However, if a task arises that you dislike, it might get shelved for a long time.

And even though it's human nature to procrastinate, your procrastination is hindering your productivity.



Take a look at the things you are putting off doing. Do they really need to be done?

Complete any task that's important. The other stuff you're procrastinating is probably not worth doing.

3 comments:

Kirby said...

Sounds like it will be a fun week! The inauguration will probably be crazy but fun!

Have a blast!

Robin said...

Yes, very cold. Spring can't come fast enough!

I LOL'd at the Jeopardy stuff. The contestants are more often than not, frumpy looking. Not that I'm a fashion icon, but they really do look ghastly sometimes. My beef happens to be with Alex. Smug SOB!! :-P

Have fun at the inauguration!! I can live vicariously through you with all the details. :-)

Kirby said...

How did the inauguration go?!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Randomness and a Busy Week

It is flipping freezing cold! I know anyone reading my blog probably doesn't need the reminder, but damn! It's cold outside! I sincerely hope that this is officially the coldest point in our year. If I look at it that way, I can feel optimistic. But if we're going to have another one of these looooow dips in February, well, I'm going to be pissy.

******
So I'm watching Jeopardy, and man, it's like bad haircut central! Is there some rule that says in order to be smart, you must have horrible hair? The woman on the show looked decent, but the two men (ooh... wait, is that a man or a woman? Seriously, no joke... I can't tell. He/She has some serious "Pat" qualities going on...) Anyhow, the womanly looking one looks decent, but the man, and the possible-man have horrible haircuts. The man/woman looks like someone put a bowl on its head. And yes, sorry if I have offended anyone.

******
I'm gearing up for my trip to Washington, D.C.! Overall I think this trip is going to be kind of crazy. I'm almost wondering what the heck I was thinking! It sounds like D.C. is going to be just a big old cluster*&$! on Tuesday, so here's hoping I make it back to Flint in one piece! We're trying to leave now by 2pm, and our "window" of arrival time that the Department of Homeland Security has given us is 4:30-6:30am. Basically, if our bus is late, we have turn around and go back to Michigan! Once we get to D.C., we're getting dropped off and let to go on our merry little way. We can basically do whatever we want, we just have to be back at our bus by 7pm or we get left behind!

I'm going to print off some maps of the area (lord knows if I don't I'll probably get lost!), and I'm going to be dressed in lots of layers! Plus, I'm filling my pockets up with lots of little snack foods. They say the inauguration and parade will be like Times Square at New Years Eve, once you're behind the gate, you're there to stay! I have a couple of friends (one from college, one from high school) who live in D.C. and will be attending the festivities, so I am hoping to meet up with them for the remainder of the day. How I'm going to find them in a crowd of 2 or 3 million people, I don't know... but hopefully some well executed text messages can help us locate each other. Anyhow, I plan to take lots of pictures!

******
Next week is going to be pretty crazy now that I really think about it! We're leaving Flint on Monday around 2pm. On Tuesday, besides for the festivities, I actually have a paper due (I'll be hopefully emailing that to my professor Monday morning). We will be back in Flint Wednesday morning, and I suspect I'll be catching up on sleep for most of that day. Thursday is my birthday (I'm actually excited about that, even with the one step closer the 30 moment I'll be having!), and I've been eyeing the Devil's Food cake mix that is in the pantry, so really, my birthday can't come soon enough. Friday is my birthday "party" (really just dinner and a movie with the girlies), and Saturday my dad and I are going to the Michigan v. Northwestern basketball game in Ann Arbor. So yeah... next week is going to be a bit crazy! But I'm looking forward to it. :) The only question is, when am I going to study?





You Are a Bit of a Procrastinator



You tend to get things done in a timely manner, but you can't help but put off tasks you hate.

You have no problem getting the fun or easy stuff done. You generally enjoy taking care of responsibilities.



However, if a task arises that you dislike, it might get shelved for a long time.

And even though it's human nature to procrastinate, your procrastination is hindering your productivity.



Take a look at the things you are putting off doing. Do they really need to be done?

Complete any task that's important. The other stuff you're procrastinating is probably not worth doing.

3 comments:

Kirby said...

Sounds like it will be a fun week! The inauguration will probably be crazy but fun!

Have a blast!

Robin said...

Yes, very cold. Spring can't come fast enough!

I LOL'd at the Jeopardy stuff. The contestants are more often than not, frumpy looking. Not that I'm a fashion icon, but they really do look ghastly sometimes. My beef happens to be with Alex. Smug SOB!! :-P

Have fun at the inauguration!! I can live vicariously through you with all the details. :-)

Kirby said...

How did the inauguration go?!