Saturday, January 10, 2009
Lazy News
Anyhoo, moving on from my complete laziness... I just found out via the Ingleside Forum that Avonlea Treasures is closing! I haven't been by Avonlea Treasures in a few weeks (and haven't been a regular poster in quite a while), but I'm still surprised. If anything, the Ingleside Forum has been so painfully slow lately that if I had to bet which one would close first, I'd have said the Ingleside Forum. Well, I wonder if this will be the final dissolving of the forums? Or maybe more people will migrate to the Ingleside forum? Lord knows the anne3 days are done, at least for me.
But, that's kind of boring news that I'm sure everyone already knows, so moving on again....
I'm officially going to the inauguration! I made it off the wait list! I'm super excited because I was on like the third or fourth sheet of the wait list, so I didn't think I'd get a spot on the trip. We're leaving here around 3pm on MLK day, and they said the bus trip should take 10 to 12 hours, considering the insane traffic in to D.C. we're sure to run in to! Originally the plan was to leave Flint around 6pm, but I see someone re-thought that idea. They said we should expect to be outside for 6 hours or so, so we should definitely dress warmly! Looking at the weather report (which isn't too reliable that far in the future) it looks like the temps will be in the high 30s and low 40s for the inauguration... which will be about 10 to 20 degrees warmer than it is here... so it should feel warm!
We're not leaving to go home until 7pm, so I'm looking in to meeting up with a couple of friends who live in the D.C. area. But that thought makes me a bit nervous because apparently the buses are being ordered to park right outside of D.C. in Maryland. Apparently we're expected to take the metro to Maryland to find our bus, which may be hard enough if I'm with a group of students. It may be next to impossible with all the people for me to get back by myself after meeting friends. Ah... so many logistics... we'll see how it all works! There is an informational meeting next week about the trip that I'm supposed to attend.
To finish up this "back to school" week, my boss Jenn from the summer, (the mostly neurotic one), has officially asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. Which is interesting, seeing as this is a lesbian wedding, lol. I'm a little curious about this whole lesbian wedding thing. I mean, I have no judgement, to each their own... but it will be interesting. Six bridesmaids, no groomsmen... interesting. They're getting married in Niagara Falls (I'm still confused on if same sex marriage is legal in Canada) in October of 2010. So it's still quite a while away. I'm honored that Jenn asked me to be a bridesmaid... but I have to honestly say if I was getting married I wouldn't have asked her to be one of my bridesmaids. I would invite her to the wedding, but I have closer friends I would ask. Is that bad?
And to top it off, Jenn wants me to be her "health guru." Unfortunately, Jenn most definitely falls in to the obese category (I hate that term, I wish they'd come up with a better term for being more than overweight), and she has this idea that she's going to fit in to a, as she said it, "a non-plus sized wedding dress." Well, okay, she's got plenty of time to lose weight... but she's not making this an easy task! She said she was asking me for help because with my choice of majors I can help her do this in a very smart and healthy way. The problem is that while I was throwing out some suggestions on small things she could start doing to help get the ball rolling (cutting back on diet Coke for instance), she kept giving me excuse after excuse on why she can't. I don't know exactly how she expects to lose weight if she doesn't want to change her ways in any capacity. I did suggest yoga, which she seemed to be intrigued by, so maybe I've found something that can work after all. Anyhow, I think I've got my work cut out for me! Bridesmaid's duties start already, so I see.
Okay, I'm finally getting off my butt to go clean my glasses. I expect to spend the rest of tonight watching a bit more tv. Tomorrow, hopefully I'll get some studying in.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Lazy News
Anyhoo, moving on from my complete laziness... I just found out via the Ingleside Forum that Avonlea Treasures is closing! I haven't been by Avonlea Treasures in a few weeks (and haven't been a regular poster in quite a while), but I'm still surprised. If anything, the Ingleside Forum has been so painfully slow lately that if I had to bet which one would close first, I'd have said the Ingleside Forum. Well, I wonder if this will be the final dissolving of the forums? Or maybe more people will migrate to the Ingleside forum? Lord knows the anne3 days are done, at least for me.
But, that's kind of boring news that I'm sure everyone already knows, so moving on again....
I'm officially going to the inauguration! I made it off the wait list! I'm super excited because I was on like the third or fourth sheet of the wait list, so I didn't think I'd get a spot on the trip. We're leaving here around 3pm on MLK day, and they said the bus trip should take 10 to 12 hours, considering the insane traffic in to D.C. we're sure to run in to! Originally the plan was to leave Flint around 6pm, but I see someone re-thought that idea. They said we should expect to be outside for 6 hours or so, so we should definitely dress warmly! Looking at the weather report (which isn't too reliable that far in the future) it looks like the temps will be in the high 30s and low 40s for the inauguration... which will be about 10 to 20 degrees warmer than it is here... so it should feel warm!
We're not leaving to go home until 7pm, so I'm looking in to meeting up with a couple of friends who live in the D.C. area. But that thought makes me a bit nervous because apparently the buses are being ordered to park right outside of D.C. in Maryland. Apparently we're expected to take the metro to Maryland to find our bus, which may be hard enough if I'm with a group of students. It may be next to impossible with all the people for me to get back by myself after meeting friends. Ah... so many logistics... we'll see how it all works! There is an informational meeting next week about the trip that I'm supposed to attend.
To finish up this "back to school" week, my boss Jenn from the summer, (the mostly neurotic one), has officially asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. Which is interesting, seeing as this is a lesbian wedding, lol. I'm a little curious about this whole lesbian wedding thing. I mean, I have no judgement, to each their own... but it will be interesting. Six bridesmaids, no groomsmen... interesting. They're getting married in Niagara Falls (I'm still confused on if same sex marriage is legal in Canada) in October of 2010. So it's still quite a while away. I'm honored that Jenn asked me to be a bridesmaid... but I have to honestly say if I was getting married I wouldn't have asked her to be one of my bridesmaids. I would invite her to the wedding, but I have closer friends I would ask. Is that bad?
And to top it off, Jenn wants me to be her "health guru." Unfortunately, Jenn most definitely falls in to the obese category (I hate that term, I wish they'd come up with a better term for being more than overweight), and she has this idea that she's going to fit in to a, as she said it, "a non-plus sized wedding dress." Well, okay, she's got plenty of time to lose weight... but she's not making this an easy task! She said she was asking me for help because with my choice of majors I can help her do this in a very smart and healthy way. The problem is that while I was throwing out some suggestions on small things she could start doing to help get the ball rolling (cutting back on diet Coke for instance), she kept giving me excuse after excuse on why she can't. I don't know exactly how she expects to lose weight if she doesn't want to change her ways in any capacity. I did suggest yoga, which she seemed to be intrigued by, so maybe I've found something that can work after all. Anyhow, I think I've got my work cut out for me! Bridesmaid's duties start already, so I see.
Okay, I'm finally getting off my butt to go clean my glasses. I expect to spend the rest of tonight watching a bit more tv. Tomorrow, hopefully I'll get some studying in.
2 comments:
- Robin said...
-
Grr! I lost my comment and had to retype everything again! >:(
I am saddened that AT is closing down. While I don't post all that often, it's a nice little place to visit. And well, the Ingleside forum is indeed dead these days. It needs a firecracker lit under its bum. :-P
I am so jealous you're going to the inauguration!! I know of one other person who is going as well.
The Lesbian wedding made me laugh. Only because there is a Seinfeld episode where Elaine is a bridesmaid. She misses the ceremony though cause the subway breaks down. lol! -
12:54 AM EST
- Heather said...
-
Fun post. Your cupcake page is making me want to break my diet, though.
Ah, it's challenging to deal with people who want help but resist solutions. There's an odd sort of hurdle we must get over sometimes in making our "wants" realities. I remember reading once that it's those times when we most want to resist that we need to stop ourselves and really open our ears.
I thought more people would be into the new season of Masterpiece and it would generate more chat on Ingleside. Apparently I bummed myself out with Hardy for nothing. ;p -
12:31 PM EST
2 comments:
Grr! I lost my comment and had to retype everything again! >:(
I am saddened that AT is closing down. While I don't post all that often, it's a nice little place to visit. And well, the Ingleside forum is indeed dead these days. It needs a firecracker lit under its bum. :-P
I am so jealous you're going to the inauguration!! I know of one other person who is going as well.
The Lesbian wedding made me laugh. Only because there is a Seinfeld episode where Elaine is a bridesmaid. She misses the ceremony though cause the subway breaks down. lol!
Fun post. Your cupcake page is making me want to break my diet, though.
Ah, it's challenging to deal with people who want help but resist solutions. There's an odd sort of hurdle we must get over sometimes in making our "wants" realities. I remember reading once that it's those times when we most want to resist that we need to stop ourselves and really open our ears.
I thought more people would be into the new season of Masterpiece and it would generate more chat on Ingleside. Apparently I bummed myself out with Hardy for nothing. ;p
Post a Comment