It's been a loooooooong day! A very, very, long day.
First, you know how I said I wasn't too worried about getting sick yesterday? Hah! My head cold seems to be all but gone, but I am completely paranoid that I'm going to get something worse! My mom went on to throw up no less than six times yesterday! If I thought my dad had a mild touch of food poisoning, well, I feel pretty certain now he had a bug. A monster bug that he passed on to my mom! While he got sick once and was queasy for the rest of the night, my mom threw up multiple times, in to the wee hours of the morning. It was horrible! I usually don't have a weak stomach or get too paranoid, but when you've heard someone get sick multiple times... it starts to play with your head! I couldn't fall asleep until around 6:30am because I was so convinced that I would wake up with the urge to puke my guts out.
Lovely image, huh? I'm not sick, but I still have paranoia!
I slept until around 11am, and I tried to get more sleep, but it just wasn't possible. Teddy was pacing the floor waiting for his walk (I swear, that dog has a clock and a calendar in his head!), and I just couldn't sleep. I did lay in bed pretty motionlessly until 12:30, but at that point I had to drag my butt out of bed. My mom was feeling a bit better, but ended up in bed for the rest of the day after taking it upon herself to clean the kitchen. I don't know why she thought that would be a good idea when just hours before she was laying in bed feeling miserable? Of course it sent her right back to bed. I did some laundry, entertained the doggies, and did a partial clean up of the bathroom. (I was too paranoid to use the main bathroom yesterday, so I spent my time trekking to the basement to use the bathroom down there.) I also washed my hands probably no less than 30 times in that short period of time! I suddenly feel like I have OCD or something!
At 3:45 I met my best friend Bernadette at the movie theatre, and we saw Slumdog Millionaire. Oh my gosh, it was such a great movie! We were both completely silent through the whole movie, and both of us agreed it was one of the best movies we've seen in a long time. Definitely worth the $6.50 matinee price! We then went and did a little shopping at Target (Bernadette bought some ballet flats, I didn't really find anything I liked), and then we had some dinner at Applebee's. We waited for ever, because apparently local high schools were having their Valentine's Day dances tonight since next week is winter break. It was kind of fun to see all the girls in their pretty dresses, and the boys in suits.
And now I'm home, and yawning. I really hope I can manage to sleep tonight, and I really, REALLY hope I don't get what my mom and dad have! It didn't help when Bernadette mentioned that her little nephew Justin, is also at home throwing up.
Ehh.
On the bright side, it did get to 50 degrees today.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Long Day, Great Movie!
It's been a loooooooong day! A very, very, long day.
First, you know how I said I wasn't too worried about getting sick yesterday? Hah! My head cold seems to be all but gone, but I am completely paranoid that I'm going to get something worse! My mom went on to throw up no less than six times yesterday! If I thought my dad had a mild touch of food poisoning, well, I feel pretty certain now he had a bug. A monster bug that he passed on to my mom! While he got sick once and was queasy for the rest of the night, my mom threw up multiple times, in to the wee hours of the morning. It was horrible! I usually don't have a weak stomach or get too paranoid, but when you've heard someone get sick multiple times... it starts to play with your head! I couldn't fall asleep until around 6:30am because I was so convinced that I would wake up with the urge to puke my guts out.
Lovely image, huh? I'm not sick, but I still have paranoia!
I slept until around 11am, and I tried to get more sleep, but it just wasn't possible. Teddy was pacing the floor waiting for his walk (I swear, that dog has a clock and a calendar in his head!), and I just couldn't sleep. I did lay in bed pretty motionlessly until 12:30, but at that point I had to drag my butt out of bed. My mom was feeling a bit better, but ended up in bed for the rest of the day after taking it upon herself to clean the kitchen. I don't know why she thought that would be a good idea when just hours before she was laying in bed feeling miserable? Of course it sent her right back to bed. I did some laundry, entertained the doggies, and did a partial clean up of the bathroom. (I was too paranoid to use the main bathroom yesterday, so I spent my time trekking to the basement to use the bathroom down there.) I also washed my hands probably no less than 30 times in that short period of time! I suddenly feel like I have OCD or something!
At 3:45 I met my best friend Bernadette at the movie theatre, and we saw Slumdog Millionaire. Oh my gosh, it was such a great movie! We were both completely silent through the whole movie, and both of us agreed it was one of the best movies we've seen in a long time. Definitely worth the $6.50 matinee price! We then went and did a little shopping at Target (Bernadette bought some ballet flats, I didn't really find anything I liked), and then we had some dinner at Applebee's. We waited for ever, because apparently local high schools were having their Valentine's Day dances tonight since next week is winter break. It was kind of fun to see all the girls in their pretty dresses, and the boys in suits.
And now I'm home, and yawning. I really hope I can manage to sleep tonight, and I really, REALLY hope I don't get what my mom and dad have! It didn't help when Bernadette mentioned that her little nephew Justin, is also at home throwing up.
Ehh.
On the bright side, it did get to 50 degrees today.
First, you know how I said I wasn't too worried about getting sick yesterday? Hah! My head cold seems to be all but gone, but I am completely paranoid that I'm going to get something worse! My mom went on to throw up no less than six times yesterday! If I thought my dad had a mild touch of food poisoning, well, I feel pretty certain now he had a bug. A monster bug that he passed on to my mom! While he got sick once and was queasy for the rest of the night, my mom threw up multiple times, in to the wee hours of the morning. It was horrible! I usually don't have a weak stomach or get too paranoid, but when you've heard someone get sick multiple times... it starts to play with your head! I couldn't fall asleep until around 6:30am because I was so convinced that I would wake up with the urge to puke my guts out.
Lovely image, huh? I'm not sick, but I still have paranoia!
I slept until around 11am, and I tried to get more sleep, but it just wasn't possible. Teddy was pacing the floor waiting for his walk (I swear, that dog has a clock and a calendar in his head!), and I just couldn't sleep. I did lay in bed pretty motionlessly until 12:30, but at that point I had to drag my butt out of bed. My mom was feeling a bit better, but ended up in bed for the rest of the day after taking it upon herself to clean the kitchen. I don't know why she thought that would be a good idea when just hours before she was laying in bed feeling miserable? Of course it sent her right back to bed. I did some laundry, entertained the doggies, and did a partial clean up of the bathroom. (I was too paranoid to use the main bathroom yesterday, so I spent my time trekking to the basement to use the bathroom down there.) I also washed my hands probably no less than 30 times in that short period of time! I suddenly feel like I have OCD or something!
At 3:45 I met my best friend Bernadette at the movie theatre, and we saw Slumdog Millionaire. Oh my gosh, it was such a great movie! We were both completely silent through the whole movie, and both of us agreed it was one of the best movies we've seen in a long time. Definitely worth the $6.50 matinee price! We then went and did a little shopping at Target (Bernadette bought some ballet flats, I didn't really find anything I liked), and then we had some dinner at Applebee's. We waited for ever, because apparently local high schools were having their Valentine's Day dances tonight since next week is winter break. It was kind of fun to see all the girls in their pretty dresses, and the boys in suits.
And now I'm home, and yawning. I really hope I can manage to sleep tonight, and I really, REALLY hope I don't get what my mom and dad have! It didn't help when Bernadette mentioned that her little nephew Justin, is also at home throwing up.
Ehh.
On the bright side, it did get to 50 degrees today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment